gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 03:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BH CALIFORNIA
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BH CALIFORNIA  (Read 4105 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
BH CALIFORNIA
« on: July 13, 2021, 08:23 PM »
Bought this a couple of months ago. Just needed a good strip down, and grease up, plus some  original BH brakes . Great childhood memories of the early Uk BMX days.  Think I might be out on the year it was made. I was thinking late 82/ early 83? Any BH experts out there that can assist on the exact year it would have been made?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 09:54 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Re: BH CALIFORNIA
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 11:18 PM »
The closest to yours on the museum is an 87. I'm no expert though. The colour, decals and some parts look the same. Let us know  :daumenhoch:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 04:26 PM »
judging by the parts i reckon you are bang on Steve  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 08:08 PM »
judging by the parts i reckon you are bang on Steve  :daumenhoch:
Yes  Damo, the parts look very early eighties. Trying to find a Halfords advertisement. Steve.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 11:35 PM »

Trying to find a Halfords advertisement.

Here you go Steve......

I only have this picture in my ever growing collection of images due to the Blue Max in the top left, which I would say is an 84 model or perhaps and early 85 model or maybe an 84 model in an 85 advert (happened quite a bit).

Either way your BH California looks identical to the one in the picture so I would date it around 84/85 from this advert mate but my money would be on 84 :daumenhoch:

fistblump 8)
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 06:37 AM »

Trying to find a Halfords advertisement.

Here you go Steve......

I only have this picture in my ever growing collection of images due to the Blue Max in the top left, which I would say is an 84 model or perhaps and early 85 model or maybe an 84 model in an 85 advert (happened quite a bit).

Either way your BH California looks identical to the one in the picture so I would date it around 84/85 from this advert mate but my money would be on 84 :daumenhoch:

fistblump 8)
MANY THANKS  Bobafett.  Great bit of detective work.👊🏻👊🏻Steve.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 06:47 AM »
The closest to yours on the museum is an 87. I'm no expert though. The colour, decals and some parts look the same. Let us know  :daumenhoch:
Morning Chilli,

Bobafett has sussed it out , from the Halfords advertising it an 84/85.

Steve.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 10:30 AM »

MANY THANKS  Bobafett.  Great bit of detective work.👊🏻👊🏻Steve.

No worries mate. Glad I could help  :daumenhoch:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2021, 04:28 PM »
Morning Chilli,

Bobafett has sussed it out , from the Halfords advertising it an 84/85.

Steve.

explosion Great work by John. Glad you got the date confirmed  fistblump
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BH CALIFORNIA

gfxgfx
gfx gfx