gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 05:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2021 Race Blog - Japanese Radness in all this Madness!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2021 Race Blog - Japanese Radness in all this Madness!  (Read 18972 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: 2021 Race Blog - Japanese Radness in all this Madness!
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2021, 01:47 PM »
Amazing stuff. Listen to your head at your age. Just trust me on that. Spills take ten times longer to recover from and if it's a bad one it'll nag you forever.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: 2021 Race Blog - Japanese Radness in all this Madness!
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2021, 07:30 AM »
Yeah, I hear ya! As does my brain. :daumenhoch:

Well, it's New Year's Eve over here, it's snowing outside, so no riding for me today. In fact. There's been no riding since the 23rd, as pictured below. That at least gives me the chance to wrap things up on this 2021 race blog. :D

So this year I made it to 9 races:-

Shonan Speedway in Chiba = 1 race (50km);
Joetsu in Niigata = 6 races (3,240km);
Oizumi in Osaka = 2 races (940km);

TOTAL driving distance = 4,230km or 2,628 miles.

Given the lack of racing in 2020, those 3 tracks (4 including practice sessions at Gonzo Park in Mie) and 2,628 miles of driving, excluding practice sessions, is not a bad effort. I entered both of the Niigata and Ozumi series and although the latter was reduced to two races due to COVID-cancellations, I was able to enjoy six races up at Niigata. Add in another new track (Shonan Speedway) and practice sessions in Mie, I managed quite a lot of track time in 2021. Plus I had some good races, especially up in Niigata, where I made the podium a few times, albeit in races with a low rider-count. ;)

So that was my 5th year of racing in Japan. Plans for the New Year? Bike-wise, I'm very happy with the GT both as it stands now and how it feels on the track, so will continue racing that. Rider-wise, I feel I've made some progress this year and want to build on that with more track sessions, when I can work on the list of things I need to improve. Away from the track, I could also do with some more stamina and leg power, so will concentrate on those in particular. Race-wise, I plan to sign up again for the series at both Osaka and Niigata, and if work schedules (and COVID-spikes) allow, I'd like to take in a race or two elsewhere, possibly Shonan Speedway again and another track down in Ibaraki. Plus it would be nice to return to Midoriyama again. Whatever happens, I'll continue to keep the :Great_Britain: flag flying and post my efforts on here. Keep it RAD in 22! :slayer:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 07:32 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2021 Race Blog - Japanese Radness in all this Madness!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx