gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975531 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 23, 2024, 03:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The orange tank. Morales BTS MK2.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The orange tank. Morales BTS MK2.  (Read 20002 times)

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: The orange tank. Morales BTS MK2.
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2021, 11:18 PM »
I have a strong desire to make this rideable. Even though it's barely liftable, and will be even less so when my evil plan hatches.

I bought this bash guard a while back.

It's over 1/2" thick.

And it's heavy. Very, very heavy. Perfect. I bought a 32t chain ring. Which is perfect again. 30-12 would not have been great, had I not ruined the sprocket.

Tis like new. Just needs a good spit and shine. Problem is there's a piece of this hefty sandwich missing. Ah, that is because it does not exist. The bash guard is 94 BCD and was designed for dirt jump bikes. Which is kinda weird, because you don't see people on those grinding things. Black Spire made loads of BMX sprockets and products, so this must have been made when BMX was at a low ebb. So, how do you made it work when there is no "power disc"? well you make one.

Transformed into 3D with small pilot holes.

Because my friend needs the parts to get the exact dimensions. Mostly because like I said, there are none to reference from given the part I need doesn't exist. Yet. I emphasise, yet.

One 6mm thick slab of T6. Will be sent off as soon as the festivities are over. I am a little gutted, as I won't like I wanted to ride this on Christmas day and pretend, but that isn't happening.

Forgot one. I was a little concerned about it actually clearing those ridiculous cranks. Turns out I had nothing to worry about.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 11:19 PM by Midschoolfool »

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2022, 11:14 PM »
lmao.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Man I can't believe it has been that long. Time flies  :LolLolLolLol:

I donated a bike to my friend's kid a while back now. He was thrilled (the FBM). Any way, when he was here my mate collected the materials to make the power disc. At the time he was having a new kitchen fitted. Well it turns out they were cowboys, and he has literally had to smack up the entire back garden to gain access to the drains etc. So I didn't ask about it as mates don't pester. Plus I am pretty chill, and I am not going to ride this behemoth any way. But, work began today.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2022, 08:56 PM »
Goes back together next week.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2022, 12:54 PM »
Some things are totally worth the wait. Serious chonk  :LolLolLolLol:

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2022, 02:47 PM »
Yup, had orange bolts. Managed to find the chain too, that was nice.

Will do that next week.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2022, 07:31 PM »
Gave it a good brushing. I wish it was as it sounds. My hands are frigging black now.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2022, 03:45 PM »
Right well I got home.

Sadly I had bought a new hoover (which I needed) and a load of other boring house stuff I needed to lug up the stairs. I did bring the disc etc and the chain but I could not fit any tools in my backpack. I already had a keyboard and other stuff in there.

Sadly that is far as I got with the screwdriver set (that has allen bits in it) I had. I already ordered tools, but like I said just too heavy and too much. I have two socket sets (one regular one long impact) so I did buy a new arm and extension (to make two full sets, one to bring home). I also needed another one of these because I've lost mine.

I will also need thread lock (ordered) to stop it getting any ideas. It all works pretty strange on those cranks. Once those arrive tomorrow and the thread lock I should be able to get them back on though. Not tight, as all I have is a screwdriver, but on.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2022, 07:39 PM »
Done. Almost ffs. Need to move the back brake pads as the wheel now sits further back on the new setup.

I need to dust it off a bit. It's sat there for a year waiting for parts. Also, if you ever find one of these frames or the others this will help you. I will leave this full sized, so you can open it in another tab and read it properly.

I am hoping to find time soon to make videos about my bikes. I will holler if I get around to it  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The orange tank. Morales BTS MK2.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx