gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 12:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  PIRANHA, STEVE WILSON AND AERO REFLEX FRAME AND FORKS.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PIRANHA, STEVE WILSON AND AERO REFLEX FRAME AND FORKS.  (Read 23936 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
PIRANHA, STEVE WILSON AND AERO REFLEX FRAME AND FORKS.
« on: July 31, 2021, 07:02 PM »
Few old frames I've collected. Think my next build will be the Piranha. Two  of the frames were built local to me REDDITCH  and CRADLEY HEATH👊🏻. SEE FURTHER DOWN FOR PIRANHA POST. Last parts now collected for the High end  level piranha build👊🏻
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 06:59 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: PIRANHA, STEVE WILSON AND AERO REFLEX FRAME AND FORKS.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 09:38 PM »
3 very underrated frame sets.  I like them all  explosion

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 10:19 PM »
Need to know more about that Steve Wilson loopy!!! :coolsmiley:

Does it have a 5" headtube???
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 07:33 AM »
Need to know more about that Steve Wilson loopy!!! :coolsmiley:

Does it have a 5" headtube???
Will measure it up when I'm back at the lock up. It was purchased from Darren Stock. It's really light , and the welds are beautiful. Guessing it was one of his  race frames.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 04:42 AM »
All Wilson frames had that 5" headtube  :daumenhoch: easy to spot when you find a decal-less frame set  ;)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 04:17 PM »
Few old frames I've collected. Think my next build will be the Piranha. Two  of the frames were built local to me REDDITCH  and CRADLEY HEATH👊🏻.

Had to  start building one of them,  may have a rider to enter build of the month soon👍🏻

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 02:16 PM »
Bit more progress today.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 08:11 PM »
As it's going to be a rider ,Thought  I best up my game and get some pedals that won't destroy my shins and tyres that won't turn to dust. New pic on Sat.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 08:13 PM »
Rider finished now.  SDF.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 07:02 PM by SDF »

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 10:23 AM »
Love the orange and red combo on that.  8)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 03:03 PM »
Love the orange and red combo on that. 
👊🏻 thanks. I'm  really pleased with it.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2021, 05:55 PM »
Collecting all the bits for my Piranha now. Might get it built  for this months build off. It's low end, but I find these more fun these days.
Just got to find the seat , its in my stash,?.so I'm gonna have dig now. Seats located in the lockup👍
Forgot the add the crank set up, will dig that out tomorrow 👊🏻
NO RAD FACE BOOK FOR ME👊🏻

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 05:27 AM by SDF »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2021, 05:09 PM »
Got all the bits for my Piranha now. Might get it built  for this months build off. It's low end, but I find these more fun these days.
Just got to find the seat , its in my stash,?.so I'm gonna have dig now. Seats located in the lockup👍
More parts added today, chain wheel , crank arm and SR stem.  This won't be posted on Facebook. I closed it down eleven years ago.SDF.

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2021, 10:17 PM »
I love a Piranha.  I always wanted on as a kid with the banana mags.  :wtf:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2021, 12:45 AM »
I love a Piranha.  I always wanted on as a kid with the banana mags.  :wtf:
Yes, been looking for the banana mags, but could only locate Acorns.. Would love a set.  fistblump

« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 07:01 PM by SDF »

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2021, 08:03 PM »
I've seen the odd one pop up for sale but never a pair.
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2021, 10:58 AM »
I've seen the odd one pop up for sale but never a pair.
I have bought loads of one off's especially tyres, can't find another one anywhere.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2021, 11:07 AM »
I'm sure there's a thread on here where people are asking for the buddy for a single bmx part they've bought?

I've also seen the odd bananna mag and even a couple of pairs of the years unfortunately they weigh a tonne lol and the adverts were always collection only and as usual miles away lol :-\

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2021, 05:36 AM »
I'm sure there's a thread on here where people are asking for the buddy for a single bmx part they've bought?

I've also seen the odd bananna mag and even a couple of pairs of the years unfortunately they weigh a tonne lol and the adverts were always collection only and as usual miles away lol :-\
I've posted up on that thread a few times, but with no luck. Search eBay every day hoping another orphan ST or HARO tyre will pop up.i'm going to stick with the Acorns as they look pretty cool. Steve.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 07:42 PM by SDF »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2021, 05:20 PM »
Few old frames I've collected. Think my next build will be the Piranha. Two  of the frames were built local to me REDDITCH  and CRADLEY HEATH👊🏻. SEE FURTHER DOWN FOR PIRANHA POST.

Nearly all parts collected now, just  awaiting one item in the post which is the number plate decal, then I will get it built up, and in Decembers BOTM. Number plate decal added to this top end build, I need a hoist to lift the frame onto my bike nils stand.
 :)
SDF.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 05:29 AM by SDF »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2021, 06:27 PM »
Few old frames I've collected. Think my next build will be the Piranha. Two  of the frames were built local to me REDDITCH  and CRADLEY HEATH👊🏻. SEE FURTHER DOWN FOR PIRANHA POST.

All parts collected now, just  awaiting one item in the post which is the number plate decal, then I will get it built up, and in Decembers BOTM. Number plate decal added to this top end build, I need a hoist to lift the frame onto my bike stand.
 :) Cobra grips purchased, need to decide now - copy F1 or copy Oakley 3 copies?.
SDF.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2021, 07:01 PM »
Number plate sorted. Got to put the  stickers on like you were back in 83.

All parts collected now, just  awaiting one item in the post which is the number plate decal, then I will get it built up, and in Decembers BOTM. Number plate decal added to this top end build, I need a hoist to lift the frame onto my bike stand.
 :) Cobra grips purchased, need to decide now - copy F1 or copy Oakley 3 copies?.
SDF.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 11:40 AM »
Got all the bits for my Piranha now. Might get it built  for this months build off. It's low end, but I find these more fun these days.

Nearly collected all my parts for the Piranha, brake blocks and bottom bracket boot are in the post.

Taken ages to source all the parts.

SDF.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2022, 11:21 AM »

explosion explosionAll parts collected now, just  awaiting one item in the post which is the number plate decal, then I will get it built up, and in Decembers BOTM. Number plate decal added to this top end build, I need a hoist to lift the frame onto my bike stand.
SDF.

Nearly collected all my parts for the Piranha, brake blocks and bottom bracket boot are in the post.

All parts finally collected. Just need to get building.

SDF.

SDF.

All parts finally collected. Just need to get building.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 05:31 AM by SDF »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2022, 04:04 PM »
Few old frames I've collected. Think my next build will be the Piranha. Two  of the frames were built local to me REDDITCH  and CRADLEY HEATH👊🏻. SEE FURTHER DOWN FOR PIRANHA POST. Last parts now collected for the High end  level piranha build👊🏻

All parts moved into the house.Time to start a build🇬🇧

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  PIRANHA, STEVE WILSON AND AERO REFLEX FRAME AND FORKS.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx