gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 10:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  50+ Old school Bmx Riders?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 50+ Old school Bmx Riders?  (Read 3334 times)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
50+ Old school Bmx Riders?
« on: September 30, 2021, 01:01 PM »
How many of you are actually still rolling? More of a leisurely cruise these days for me but still rolling on at 50+ lol

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Re: 50+ Old school Bmx Riders?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 03:09 PM »
Just the odd shake down ride and cruise to the shops for me. I go to an open fronted greengrocers which means I stay on the bike, then I push it around the Co op, no locks for me  ;) Not 50 yet but not far off  :shocked:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 03:35 PM »
The Usual Suspects still meet up at least every 2 weeks. Ed209 is the driving force behind it all still, he's like the Duracell Bunny nagging us all to ride 🤣

A few old faces on here meet up with us at skateparks around the Midlands and north, were in Sheffield this weekend and then a trip to Hull in a few weeks with a sprinkling of Nottigham in between  :daumenhoch:

I ride when I can, if not with the Suspects then with my son at BMX tracks as he's not good enough for skateparks yet but at least I'm on my bike  :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 04:15 PM »
I ride on days where I feel like it. And can do it. I've got arthritis in most of my joints, so some days I can't even pick the bike up let alone ride it. As I say though, good days and bad days.

I still ride my cruiser? sorta bike a lot during summer months as I live on the beach and there's a beach path that extends for about 4 miles. So you may catch me flying up and down that on my PK fixed not fixed.

The problem for me is I can't seem to accept I am not in my 20s any more. On most things. Like, I live 7 floors up and usually come up the stairs like a bat out of hell and then can't breathe  :LolLolLolLol:

So mostly it's damage limitation now. Every time I get on a 20 I end up doing something really stupid and getting hurt. Even on my last ride a couple of weeks ago I tried jumping a big grass mound. I don't even think I got off the ground and ended up feeling like a right pillock.

I can see why rock stars all sing about not wanting to get old now.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 04:52 AM »
Turned 52 last week and am still riding, racing and loving our wonderful world of BMX! :daumenhoch:

Weather permitting, I usually take one of my race bikes out for a spin every day for a minimum, 15-minute ride around my local rice paddies, or sometimes a longer, 30-minute session up and down some local roads. Track visits are less frequent due to the travelling involved (minimum 2 and half hour drive each way) but I can usually make one practice session and one race a month, subject to weather and COVID-conditions! Not too shabby for an oldie though! :slayer:

Pic below taken 2 days before my birthday. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 11:34 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 07:19 AM »
Here you go, 15 of us met up at On-Board in Sheffield last weekend for an after-hours session. Half of us are over 50, the rest over 40  :daumenhoch:

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  50+ Old school Bmx Riders?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx