gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 08:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The Execution of old parts ! FBM Guillotine
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Execution of old parts ! FBM Guillotine  (Read 9968 times)

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: The Execution of old parts ! FBM Guillotine
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2021, 03:10 PM »
Yays.

I drew this up last time I was home. Am home now.

Have ordered cream vinyl and will make it stroked in black to match the DT decals.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2021, 03:15 AM »
Right. All put away. Fingers crossed the decals should be waiting when I get home tomorrow.

I hesitate to say this (because it's not my bike/build and I know you did a great job to make it fit) but... I'm not feeling that silver headset now! It looked good in the mock-up build but with the new colour scheme it stands out too much for me. There, I've said it, it's out in the open! I'll shut up and crawl back into my hole now. :-X
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2021, 08:54 PM »
That was why I didn't like the nuke ring.

I could have course paint the headset without too much bother, but the brake and wheels are polished too. I could paint the brake of course, but not the wheel set.

I suppose I will have to see what it looks like when built. Stem is polished too.....

I think the decals will help somewhat. Whether I would go down a huge rabbit hole on a hugely cheap build though? I doubt it.

Oh yeah, of course. The pegs are polished too  :LolLolLolLol:

BTW, seriously, do go ahead and give your opinions. I'm quite a liberal guy but I am certainly not made of frozen water  :LolLolLolLol:

As I say, if there weren't so many polished parts I would deffo change it. Thing is there are. It was just what I was left with.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 09:05 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2021, 11:23 PM »
All's good mate! They say never judge a painting until it's finished...

Plus, as you say, there's lots of other polished parts going on, so it should come together well. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2021, 12:38 AM »
I'm pretty sure that it would look better all black and murder purple. I am not a huge fan of polished parts tbh. That is probably why most of it left over is polished  :LolLolLolLol:

Not spending any more cash on bikes at least this year. I neglected a few other things, like upgrading my PCs (plural, I have like, five) and other stuff, so I use the down time in the winter for that tbh. Especially as we game a shit load more during the crap weather.

I should be over next week. Taking a break from it at the moment, though to be honest all I have to do now is literally just bolt it together (the easy part). Then I need to shift it over here (to my flat) with the Kink, and shift the Dirt Bike NG over to the loft with the rest of the tanks. I also need to lug that Morales up there as it's still sitting waiting for me to bolt on the final two pegs in the dining room.

Oh yeah, this is what the TT decal should look like once I get over and cut/assemble.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 05:57 PM »
Big shout out to Erb at FBM.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2021, 07:12 PM »
And done. I put the seat clamp in a bowl of stripper. Turns out it was powder, so took ages. Thankfully it was like this cool gun metal anno underneath, so aside from picking at it with a tooth pick for about an hour I did not have to paint it. Matches the bars lovely.

One thing this has taught me. No more expensive bikes. It's really not worth the massive outlay. I also don't think the polished hurt it any in the end. Very happy with it, more so than any of the expensive bikes I've built.

Spec list.

2013 FBM Guillotine V3. Stripped and painted custom with Blackberry and then tons of red flake. I call it "Murder Purple". FBM decals with custom TT decals I made to match. Frame is a 20.5, the only one I have. Frame is all Hi Ten with a cro mo head tube.

Eclat Stream fork, cast ends. Repainted black.
Haro Lineage stem polished
United Air Jordan bars, 4130 in trans black
Chinese sealed external headset machined
Demolition Axes grips in purple melt
Firma brake lever
DC cable
Mission Cease V2 in polished with Kool Stop pads
Salt Rookie cranks in satin black
Fly Bikes Ruben graphite pedals, grape
24/7 industries bash sprocket 28T
Stolen revolver BB with Alone caps
Blank Compound wheel set, sealed F&R with sealed 8T driver
Vocal half link chain in chrome
Fly Campillera Ruben tyres 110 PSI skin walled
Kenda tubes
Cult seat post with custom decal
Proper Microlite seat clamp stripped raw
Bone Deth Vibrator spider web stitched seat

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2021, 12:47 PM »
Mate, that came out really good!! And you were right about the headset - looks fine with the other polished parts. :daumenhoch:

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2021, 01:20 PM »
Oh I really had no idea that was just a guess  :LolLolLolLol:

Onto a big PC project now, so we now wait for next season.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2021, 12:29 PM »
Hats off  fistblump That bike is a great build. Really liking the Murder purple paint and discontinued decals. I also like the polished parts breaking it up a little. You've been busy building some awesome bikes, sit back and enjoy the results.
 explosion
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The Execution of old parts ! FBM Guillotine

gfxgfx
gfx gfx