gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
973638 Posts in 138719 Topics by 6259 Members - Latest Member: Artisanqti August 11, 2022, 10:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2022 Race Blog - Happy to be Bad if not Rad!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2022 Race Blog - Happy to be Bad if not Rad!  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: 2022 Race Blog - Happy to be Bad if not Rad!
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2022, 10:48 AM »
Last Sunday's race was rained off, though I didn't find out until I was 90 minutes down the road on Sunday morning! Thumbs down Judging from the pics on FB, it seems like there was heavy rain on Saturday night, hence the delayed decision to cancel. For most people, that would have been fine but I live further away, so have to leave home at 4.30am. It could have been worse though - I could have driven the whole 3 and half hours before finding out! :daumenhoch:

Anyway, my next race is at the end of the month, back up in Niigata. Weather permitting! ::)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 10:58 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old, British guy make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2022, 10:31 AM »
Made it back up to Niigata yesterday for round 4 of their race series. We had 8 motos, though they were fairly full as some non-regulars turned up to get some extra track time ahead of an upcoming national series race at the same venue. It was also stupidly hot, with +30 temps from arrival time onwards. Thumbs down

There were 7 riders in my rack of over 30s, including a super-fast masters class rider (who was long gone by the first berm) and the same guy who beat me to third last time out. I therefore had some good dices with him and another rider throughout, getting pipped to the line in the first moto and having to hit the brakes to avoid contact in the second. I therefore went a disappointing 6/6/6 to take the final spot in the main, where I finished 5th, so not too bad an end to the day. I then made it home in time to watch the live coverage of the World Champs in Nantes, so all in all, it was a full-on day of BMX! :daumenhoch:

The next round at Niigata is at the end of the month but there's an outside chance that I may be able to race again in a fortnight, at a new-to-me track on the opposite side of the country. That's all work-dependent, and it's a bit of a trek but it's the only chance I've got this year to try out something new and I've been wanting to go there for a while, so we'll see what happens. ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:32 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=182215.msg1828811#msg1828811
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old, British guy make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2022, 04:14 PM »
Man that's odd. I looked down the forum list and saw you'd posted. I thought "I'll go ask Mick if he's getting cooked out there"

Didn't need to ask, seems you are  :LolLolLolLol:

This summer was the tipping point. I got totally sick of being fat and hot so I am on a diet. Lost 3/4 stone in 10 days. Started at 17.5st (I know I know.....)

Some nights I feel cold now. That's a new feeling  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2022, 11:36 PM »
One of the things I didn't realise before I started living here was how hot and humid the summers are! Stupidly so!! "nono"

I've got used to it now but from what I'm reading online, it looks like Blighty is getting some of the same this summer, so good luck with that!! ;)

Mate, keep going with that diet. It should improve your riding as well as those hot, sticky nights! :daumenhoch:

Back to BMX, I've just pulled the trigger on another race frame, from a brand I know you like! 8)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 11:41 PM by Mikku »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  2022 Race Blog - Happy to be Bad if not Rad!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx