gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 04:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro tyres fitted with labels on the right?..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro tyres fitted with labels on the right?..  (Read 5133 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Haro tyres fitted with labels on the right?..
« on: March 13, 2022, 11:05 AM »
I've fitted the Haro tyres with the labels showing on the chain wheel side ( see pic) the arrows are lined up for the left side.

I ignored the arrows as I wanted them on the right side, does it really matter?

Never cared about it in the mid eighties 😀

Steve.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Haro tyres fitted with labels on the right?..
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 02:19 PM »
I would say on a tyre like that with tight packed treads it would be fine. They don't look "seriously directional" to me.

On something like this?

It's a much bigger deal. Mostly because it is designed to bite better in the correct direction and offer less rolling resistance. Which all changes if you put it on backward.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 05:28 PM »
nah. i couldn't live with that! they are on backwards imo. mine are mounted with the arrows pointing forward!  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 07:27 PM »
I would say on a tyre like that with tight packed treads it would be fine. They don't look "seriously directional" to me.

On something like this?

It's a much bigger deal. Mostly because it is designed to bite better in the correct direction and offer less rolling resistance. Which all changes if you put it on backward.

I thought the same as you directional wise.  I will leave them like they are for the moment as I'm never going to be used.  Steve.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 07:34 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 07:33 PM »
nah. i couldn't live with that! they are on backwards imo. mine are mounted with the arrows pointing forward!  :daumenhoch:

Many thanks for your info Damo, it's been bugging me, as I couldn't see what difference the arrows would have made.We rode them on ramps and ground in any direction in the 1980's ,  the arrows are just for show?  I might re align them in the future👊🏻

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 12:16 AM »

Many thanks for your info Damo, it's been bugging me, as I couldn't see what difference the arrows would have made.We rode them on ramps and ground in any direction in the 1980's ,  the arrows are just for show?  I might re align them in the future👊🏻

Like a lot of things, in practice it would be doubtful that you could tell the difference!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 12:25 AM »

I am sure iirc that Ron Wilkerson ran his front tyre backwards in most of the pics i studied when i was building a rider rep a few years ago.......more aesthethically important than performance related  i would imagine.... :daumenhoch:

Yes, I'll change them over this week, labels to the left side👍👍👍
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 09:50 AM by SDF »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 10:07 AM »

I am sure iirc that Ron Wilkerson ran his front tyre backwards in most of the pics i studied when i was building a rider rep a few years ago.......more aesthethically important than performance related  i would imagine.... :daumenhoch:

Yes, I'll change them over this week, labels to the left side👍👍👍 think I must be losing the plot as got em fitted perfect on this and my Torker😀 many thanks 👊🏻Steve.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 09:41 AM by SDF »

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 11:34 PM »
It has always been a bug bear since i started doing show and  shine.  If only Bob had thought about it all them years ago eh  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 04:52 AM »
It has always been a bug bear since i started doing show and  shine.  If only Bob had thought about it all them years ago eh  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

👊🏻👊🏻I'm going to correct them the weekend. For some reason I had got it in my mind that I wanted  them chain wheel side😀

Steve.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 04:58 AM by SDF »

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 06:47 AM »
It is a convention that any stampings and labels on tyres and wheels are read from the driveside. However that direction arrow would drive me nuts!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 11:19 AM by Avro »
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2022, 02:27 PM »
Some tyres are pretty clever. No matter which way you mount them they are the same. Kinda bent my brain when fitting my TAs.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 01:31 PM »
I've fitted the Haro tyres with the labels showing on the chain wheel side ( see pic) the arrows are lined up for the left side.

I ignored the arrows as I wanted them on the right side, does it really matter?

Never cared about it in the mid eighties 😀

Steve.

Update , tyres on correct now👊🏻👊🏻

Steve.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro tyres fitted with labels on the right?..

gfxgfx
gfx gfx