gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 12:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Hello all!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 2501 times)

Offline francobones

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Hello all!
« on: March 29, 2022, 02:32 PM »
Hi there,

Thanks for letting me join the forum, I joined because im looking for advice mainly so hope you can help.

Theres a dirt jump track near me (Market Deeping Lincolnshire) and i took my 7 yr old daughter to it the other week and she really enjoyed herself once she got over her initial fear but i was knackered running up and down after her so was thinking of buying a facebook/ebay special (?50 quid or less!) just so i can ride along side her.

I have had a look and there are so many different variants i just wondered if you guys could advise please, im 5'11" and a big lad so have worked out i need something around 20.75" ? on top tube but is that all i need to consider or are some better for dirt tracks than others? (you'll have to forgive me as my last BMX was a BMX2000 in about 1984!) I have seen them with varying sizes of front cog, gyro headsets, swept back seatposts etc etc, or am i overthinking it?

Any advice appreciated!

Franco

Online brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 03:04 PM »
A lot of people are moving to 24" cruisers now,
Personally I think ?50 will not buy anything worth having unless you get lucky.

Offline francobones

• Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 03:28 PM »
Theres a couple of Haro bikes ( I assume they are still ok) for that sort of price on my local fb, not looking to spend a lot to start with as you know what kids are like and it will only be rolling around the course with her mainly and i don't mind doing a bit of work on it, it was more what to look for to be honest or is it just the top tube length and that's it?

Online brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 04:50 PM »
The longer the top tube the better.   :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie:

Offline francobones

• Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 07:43 PM »
So I bought an Eastern Wolfdog frame with 21? TT and parts for ?35 on fleabay and a Haro (dont know model but TT was too short for me at 20?) as a donor bike for ?10, i was watching it at ?20 but got an offer and it was in my town so couldn't refuse, its in decent condition really, sundamaged paint but the tyres are nearly new and pedals vgc also.

Im going to use the brakes, tyres, pedals and chain from the haro and if im lucky all i need to buy is some brake cable and handlebar grips and im good.

Im sure it wont be quite as easy as that and will be asking for advice but its a start and hopefully will be something that is rideable and looks half decent.

Online brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 12:58 AM »
Looks a bargain.  Now get a helmet and get on some jumps  fistblump

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 07:10 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Hello all!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx