gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 04:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I am currently working on (shorts)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I am currently working on (shorts)  (Read 44188 times)

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I am currently working on (shorts)
« on: May 30, 2022, 03:40 PM »
One pic, what are you up to? me I am mostly this.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Re: I am currently working on (shorts)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 03:45 PM »
This is my  main project, plus a super burner (pics to follow).
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 05:15 PM »
Nice dude. It's always nice to see parts spread out everywhere  :LolLolLolLol:

I made some progress.

The Hope gear is on, and I got the front brake dialled TF. Need to be careful, I can see pulling it too hard resulting in a visit to A&E tbh.

That moment when you realised that every Jagwire cable you had used in the past was fake  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 05:17 PM »
Nice dude. It's always nice to see parts spread out everywhere  :LolLolLolLol:

I made some progress.

The Hope gear is on, and I got the front brake dialled TF. Need to be careful, I can see pulling it too hard resulting in a visit to A&E tbh.

That moment when you realised that every Jagwire cable you had used in the past was fake  :LolLolLolLol:
Very nice 👍
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 06:57 PM »
Yeah after a terrible weekend I am feeling a bit happier with it. Typically I have missed the warm weather and its back to being crap again  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 06:48 AM »
Got fed up with this

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 06:50 AM »
So made it in to this
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 12:58 PM »
I like both  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 07:45 PM »
Super thread to create good traffic!
I really need to get this pad set together for my Hot Heart, I have had them for a while now. Most of the poppers are crumbly, some are missing.
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 03:46 PM »
Nice ! good to see you are still on those. We need new videos dude !

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 05:19 PM »
Last week I grabbed a Weinmann brake for a tenner. It had a lovely Weinmann semi auto adjuster on it, the freestyle one. That is now sitting pretty on my white Star Way Freemaster. Result.
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 07:10 PM »
Road brake possibly. Talking of which, my bike now has a rear one. Only I am still waiting for the pad droppers  :LolLolLolLol:

I also replaced the white KNC Superlight chain ( they are about 50 quid) with a Shimano. It doesn't weigh any more, because it's a narrow chain. I will get a better looking one mind, but for now it's not as garish.

It's been an odd bike this. SE obviously have their roots in BMX, but they used lots of BMX type parts which is odd. Like the fork? jesus, it weighed a ton. Imagine a set of cro mo Landing Gear, only about 8" longer. Meaning they weigh an F ton. Then there were the cranks. 4130 19 spline on solid axles. Christ, not what you put on a road bike. Then because of that they used a BMX spider and chain ring, meaning the chain needs to be wider too. I hope if they ever relaunch it they put proper road bike parts on it, given that is what it is.

Offline chrisv39

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 07:41 PM »
Currently trying to strip paint off an 85 GT Pro to put it back to an original colour. Synstrip not touching it so looking like a lot of elbow grease. Tried uploading photo but won't let me.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2022, 01:27 AM »
Currently trying to strip paint off an 85 GT Pro to put it back to an original colour. Synstrip not touching it so looking like a lot of elbow grease. Tried uploading photo but won't let me.

Yeah you may as well rub cum on it tbh.

I would link you to the stuff I have used, but it seems it's now banned. Harumph.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2022, 06:49 PM »
OK. That was a nightmare. Even with the pad extensions on they still didn't reach. Tried a BMX brake (crap one I had) and it was too long. I ended up drilling the top hole lower down. Then I had to open up the back side (and messed it up a bit). Then when it did line up the pad frames were jamming against the frame. So I ground those at an angle with the belt file. They then went into the frame, and I could dial the brake.

There is a problem though. Whilst it works I am not about to ride it and put any serious pressure on it. This is why.

The lip of that lug should not be inside the frame. So, I ordered some 8mm washers.

But of course then that internal nut won't reach /roll eyes. So I bought a 5mm longer Ti one.

23 I ordered. The brake does now work extremely well.

But yeah, no likey how that is. Easy fix once the parts come in. The new pedals arrived too. Absolutely perfect.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2022, 02:10 PM »
Many hours of pain later.

New decals.

Just need to fit the seat clamp later and she's ready to fly.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2022, 06:51 PM »
I haven't touched my Specialized 415 Pro since I got it. I haven't even wiped it down. I have been out on it a few times though. During these short rides I noticed a loose metal clanking sound coming from the bottom bracket. So after another ride today I thought let's have a look. It turns out that the drive side crank arm needed nipping up. I suspect the sound could have been the spacing sleeve rotating on the spindle because there wasn't enough load on it. Who knows, the sound has now disappeared and this heavyweight tank rides really smoothly.
Sorted fistblump
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 06:53 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2022, 07:41 PM »
Nice. Can't beat a cheap one :)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2022, 08:07 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2022, 03:57 PM »
Fork leg decals. They are stupid wide because I don't know the size needed yet. Much easier to draw them stupid big then adjust down.

Will be printed on gold, Allah willing  :LolLolLolLol: (I've been watching too many documentaries).

Just the seat tube one to go now.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2022, 06:56 PM »
Fix the race bike. It doesn't look any different (apart from the chrome bolts in the chain ring, the purple were single gear). Fitted a wider BB, so the crank arms don't hit, and spaced the chain ring in 5mm to offset this. The big difference is it now works  :LolLolLolLol:

Put Kink back together and fit brake. This was after taking the front end off to get it through the hole. Take off T1 tyres and put on the Paths I degreased (and sorted) a few weeks ago.

Then crack out the T1. Fit Animal tyres.

Then sit and drool for a while.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2022, 09:24 PM »
Well I got them on. Problem is the bolts did not fit. Still scratching my head over that one. Can  only imagine now that the axle is a prototype, and not the same as the one listed. Need to design a Wedgie Jackson type affair, but they are fine for now.

Took grips and lever off the Kink. Replaced with some green Sunday grips I have had for years. They look OK IMO ! go with the green in the decals.

Put them away.

Leaving one slot open for this. Which has also been taken apart, dragged up a ladder and then put back together  :LolLolLolLol:

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2022, 04:21 PM »
Bloody bikes !!

When I built the Fatboy up something wasn't right. The chain was grabbing the chain ring and popping. So I took it off last night and had a look. It seems it's a thick thin. Which is designed for mountain bikes. So on a BMX it's really not good.

Will have to get another one soon. Want to change the tyres too. Don't like those at all.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 05:08 PM »
Got this done yesterday. I fitted the free hub guard I got.

Given I can't drill out the other Gsport peg I fitted a set of plastic ones.

Then dug out a lever and fitted that. Quick Stop II IIRC. I then swapped the United stem on it with the Kink one that was on the Root Down. That will be coming out and stripped down at some point later in the year.

Very happy.

Got plans now to take a couple of killer parts and get them onto my Metal.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2022, 07:36 PM »

Stoked. Ready for holiday !

Am really looking forward to getting back and putting a new front end on. I wouldn't say I skimped on the fork being a Primo Balance, but it was on sale for about 80 quid IIRC and there were much higher end ones around. That said I suppose everything happens for a reason, because I have a set that would have cost about 180.

Demolition Concorde. I also have these, Volume Mad Dog (same company).

Which are also top deck. About a hundred quid, IIRC. I only paid like 45 for them. Will get both powdered RAL 3005 to match the Metal, or, go for a bright red finish on those. Will decide on holiday haha.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I am currently working on (shorts)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx