gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 09:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Now That's Midschool - YouTube Channel!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Now That's Midschool - YouTube Channel!  (Read 3287 times)

Offline sycmatt

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Now That's Midschool - YouTube Channel!
« on: April 06, 2023, 07:20 PM »
Some of you might have heard about or even seen my new YouTube channel - Now That's Midschool but for those that haven't, here's the plug!

I figured that there's enough podcasts on various platforms about riders and industry figures but not much in the way of shows about the products. And what an era for BMX it was in terms of products! So many unique and diverse designs in all areas. Bikes, frames, forks, bars and all the way down to pegs and pedals. And then there's the products artwork on the softgoods, stickers and all the media! Never before or after the midschool era have we seen such characterful products and that's what I want to focus on.

I did a small trailer for the channel before busying myself with editing the collections that I filmed of Leroy Maidment and Nick Bevan, and those two videos are up and doing well on the views and feedback from watchers. I have a couple of other collections that I'll be featuring in the near future lined up. Those of Keith Brasier and Jonathan Sherwood. Both collectors have stunning collections and hopefully I'll do them justice with filming and editing.

So if you haven't already been there, head over to @nowthatsmidschool on YouTube and feast your eyes and know that there should be regular episodes to watch going forward. Thanks!

https://youtube.com/@nowthatsmidschool

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Re: Now That's Midschool - YouTube Channel!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 07:28 PM »
Good stuff, keep them coming fella fistblump
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline sycmatt

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 07:41 PM »
Good stuff, keep them coming fella fistblump

Thanks man!

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 12:28 PM »
Have just caught up with these and very good they were too! I dipped out of BMX during the mid-school era but since getting back into it, have gained a greater appreciation of what went on then. Look forward to seeing the next episodes. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline sycmatt

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 01:59 PM »
Have just caught up with these and very good they were too! I dipped out of BMX during the mid-school era but since getting back into it, have gained a greater appreciation of what went on then. Look forward to seeing the next episodes. :daumenhoch:

Thanks man. There's a lot of people out there in the same boat. The riding of today is nothing short of incredible but without the development of rider input into the products during the midschool era, it wouldn't be that way. So that makes the midschool era products that bit more special. That's my opinion anyway.

Offline sycmatt

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 11:44 AM »
Well, we're 10 episodes in now. The latest episode dropped on new year's day. I hope you're all enjoying your fix of midschool goodness!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Now That's Midschool - YouTube Channel!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx