gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 01:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I've joined a cult! The CULT!! Build Thread Alert!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I've joined a cult! The CULT!! Build Thread Alert!!!  (Read 17771 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
I've joined a cult! The CULT!! Build Thread Alert!!!
« on: August 17, 2022, 02:05 AM »
Teaser pic! :coolsmiley:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: I've joined a cult! The CULT!! Build Thread Alert!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 05:33 PM »
Wooo nice one dude.  fistblump

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 12:43 PM »
Cheers mate! I'm trying not to get too excited as it hasn't even left the States yet BUT it's a 2018 Pro race frame - one of the earlier ones before it became a Vick Behm signature frame. Have done a deal on the frame plus some matching race forks, a wheelset and some other bits and bobs. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 11:52 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 03:58 PM »
Oh nice one man. Wasn't sure if it was a race or FS bike.

Wheels look wicked too.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 11:58 PM »
Thanks geezer! They're Sun Rhyno Lites with Odyssey Vandero hubs, neither of which I've had before, so am looking forward to seeing how they run. Not pictured are some DK cranks (which I'm probably going to use for another bike), some Sun Ringle Zu ZU pedals (have always wanted a set of those) and a GT bar pad for the UB2! Oh, and that UGP race jersey is also going in the box. :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 09:28 AM »
And so it begins! More pics and info when I've finished unwrapping everything!! :D

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 02:26 PM »
Exciting times !

Look forward to seeing this built.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 12:12 AM »
You and me too! :D

Have been side-tracked with house and car stuff, but here are a few more pics to be going on with. :daumenhoch:

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 01:37 PM »
Wow not seen those pedals before ! ultimate accessory for the rims :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2022, 12:27 AM »
Yeah, lots of people used to rave about them being the best of the flat pedals for racing before the latest generation of thinner, lighter pedals came out. I've always wanted to try some, and a black build seemed the perfect opportunity! :daumenhoch:

Talking of colours, I'm thinking about keeping things black with a bit of gold thrown in the mix. Specifically gold cranks and a brake lever, which I already have (on the Crupi), and a gold seatpost if I can find a railed one in 27.2mm. Other parts I need include a 24mm BB, some grips and a couple of innertubes. The rest I already have lying around as spares - seat, bars, brake caliper, brake cable, chainring, chain and tyres.

Tektro lever (which will go on if I don't rob the gold Promax one off the Crupi) and S&M seat post clamp pictured below, along with another pic of those beautiful forks and the Odyssey hubs - a Vandero 2 on the front and a race version on the rear. 8)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 10:46 PM by Mikku »

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2022, 12:26 PM »
Aye, I vote for full murder.

I do like a totally murdered out BMX. The head tube decal deffo calls for it too!

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2022, 10:53 PM »
Depends on your definition of murder but yeah, I love the headtube decal. :daumenhoch:

The later Vick Behm signature frames had a different decal (pictured below) but exactly the same geo.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2022, 03:01 PM »
Murder. Also known as muddah if you watch a Scottish detective  :LolLolLolLol:

Black on black on black on black.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2022, 08:47 AM »
Not sure about the black on black on black. For a start, I haven't got any black cranks, and don't really want to buy any. I bought these white DK cranks, which I plan to put on the Crupi and then use the gold Promax cranks on the Cult. Likewise the gold Promax lever. I've also found this seat post, which would tie things in nicely, me thinks, but what say you?

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2022, 02:55 PM »
Oh yeah man the gold ! bling bling !!

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2022, 10:51 AM »
Can't believe it's been 4 weeks since I posted anything here! Actually I can believe it, given how long I procrastinate over things, though the start of the new university term hasn't helped. Basically, I'm playing around with crank and seat post choices in my mind, and need to sort out a BB too, so all of that has meant little or no progress to report. Thumbs down

However, this weekend I did dig out some of the parts, namely the Sun Ringle wheels and pedals, for a bit of a play. I put some spare tubes on the rims and chucked on the race tyres that came on the UB2. They're an unusual choice, being Czech-made Rubena Speedos but still have lots of life left in them and I think they look good on the rims. They both seem to spin well, and I put the front on the GT just to see how it looks and rides - I like it! :daumenhoch:

I also put the ZuZu pedals on the GT. These were supposed to be the bee's knees a few years ago and they certainly lock me into my Vans. However, they are much bulkier and heavier than the DMR V12s that I normally race with, so they won't see service on the GT but will be fine for the Cult build.

So the next step I need to take is to pick up a BB, then I'll have no excuse not to start building. ::)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 10:53 AM by Mikku »

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2022, 02:05 PM »
Nice dude.

BTW RE the procrastinating thing? I don't work. If I did? I would get absolutely nothing done. I do have to keep my mind busy though, so that is why I get involved in things I probably shouldn't  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2023, 01:12 PM »
Procrastinating you say! Well, 9 and a half months later, and I'm almost no further forward with this build!! I could have had a baby in that time! Kind of!! However, the reason I say almost is that I've actually just made a purchase for the Cult. It takes a 27.2mm seat post and the only one I had in that size, I sold last year! ::) So I've been looking for one for a few weeks now, with a view to cracking on with this build in the summer holidays. I did want a Thomson Elite post but man, they ain't cheap, especially over here!! I've therefore just pulled the trigger on a Kalloy one instead. Much cheaper and it will hopefully look the part too. Will post pics when it arrives and plan to get things moving after I finish work mid-August-ish. Maybe baby!! ;D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 10:25 PM by Mikku »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2023, 12:18 PM »
The link doesn't seem to work but no worries as I don't want to use carbon on a steel frame. Plus, I've got a slightly different look in mind for this now. The stealthy all-black idea has fallen by the wayside along with the gold accents. More to follow when the post arrives - which it actually did both yesterday and again today, but no-one was here to sign for it - grrrr!!! ::)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 12:33 PM by Mikku »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2023, 12:36 PM »
Third time lucky, the Kalloy post was delivered this evening. The juices are now starting to flow for this build! :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2023, 12:50 PM »
I like your way of thinking!! They would look great on the bike too! Although Winstanleys don't ship overseas, I do have a mate coming over in September, so I may have to ask him for a favour! :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2023, 07:10 PM »
I like your way of thinking!! They would look great on the bike too! Although Winstanleys don't ship overseas, I do have a mate coming over in September, so I may have to ask him for a favour! :daumenhoch:

If that doesn't happen, let me know and I'll help you out Mick  fistblump
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2023, 10:22 PM »
Cheers mate, I appreciate the offer. :daumenhoch:

I should warn you though, once I have something being sent over that one thing mysteriously morphs into three or four things!! ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I've joined a cult! The CULT!! Build Thread Alert!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx