gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 09:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Please identify this OS frame/forks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Please identify this OS frame/forks  (Read 1152 times)

Vegan

Please identify this OS frame/forks
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Some help needed guys, I have two of these frames, and forks now, It's so close to a Suzuki BMX i used to ride as a kid but think the rear drop outs are too stubby to be - can anyone please let me know what it is

Frosty

Re: Please identify this OS frame/forks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 09:58 AM »
Not sure but the rear drop outs are the same as the Taiwan produced Schwinn Predator that I have. These were very common and can be seen on a number of different brand bikes. The front one is a little less common, but a few bikes did have them including the Falcon range of bikes.

Vegan

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 10:00 AM »
Not sure but the rear drop outs are the same as the Taiwan produced Schwinn Predator that I have. These were very common and can be seen on a number of different brand bikes. The front one is a little less common, but a few bikes did have them including the Falcon range of bikes.

Know anything about Falcon?

did they subcontract frames to anyone else?

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 01:13 PM »
My first BMX was a Falcon Pro THETA, and I'm sure the headtube gusset was identical to yours. The whole frame looks pretty much as I remember it, in fact.
It was bought around the Summer of '83, not a bad bike to have started out on. First thing I bought was a chrome GT layback seatpost.
Don't know much about the company and what it did BITD, though.

Frosty

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Same here Wayne, removed the decals asap, got z rims, MX 1000's etc etc

loved that bike

Vegan

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 01:16 PM »
So are they good frames? worth anything?

any photo's of one that I don't have?

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Mine rode really well, but it soon cracked around the seattube, on either side of the hole at the bottom of the slot. Probably due to that GT seatpost, the flex has to go somewhere I suppose. A guy at a local garage brazed it up for me and it was 10/10 for the following Summer, by which time I'd changed so much stuff it was a different bike.
Yep, Z-Rims and MX brakes, with CW bars and Oakley grips.

As far as value I've no idea, but IMOHO probably not all that much unless it's absolutely mint-condition.

Vegan

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 01:52 PM »
Mine rode really well, but it soon cracked around the seattube, on either side of the hole at the bottom of the slot. Probably due to that GT seatpost, the flex has to go somewhere I suppose. A guy at a local garage brazed it up for me and it was 10/10 for the following Summer, by which time I'd changed so much stuff it was a different bike.
Yep, Z-Rims and MX brakes, with CW bars and Oakley grips.

As far as value I've no idea, but IMOHO probably not all that much unless it's absolutely mint-condition.

I need UKAI rims for it, which will cost more than i've spent on both of them put together!! pads and decals, gonna cost quite a bit but need to have it ready before christmas

thanks for your help mate - it's appreciated

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Mate, have you looked in the museum section, i think the first picture is what you've got?

I don't think they were too expensive when new......but they don't look a bad rider to me?

Someone has replied in the museum as well  ::) saying that they have some Falcon Pro padsets going if anyone interested.....get in there mate!!  :daumenhoch:

Vegan

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Yo, thanks, can you send me a link

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 04:11 PM »
What....rather than you actually clicking on the Museum page, then Falcon Pro and looking at the top picture?

You lazy git!!   ;) ;D

Here you go mate  :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=9965.0

Frosty

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 04:28 PM »
I have a new white pad set with red lettering if you're interested.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 06:17 PM »
I have a black frame pad with white writing.pm me if your interested? ;)

Vegan

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 10:17 AM »
I have a black frame pad with white writing.pm me if your interested? ;)

Sorry guys, it's not a Falcon, there are holes in the gusset plates - the drop outs seem to be pretty common, so far they are on:

Falcon Pro
Kawasaki range
Schwinn Predator
Suzuki Samurai/Shogun/Katana

and others

I'm trying to restore it to this:

Frosty

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Vegan,

Some of the Falcons had the exact same holes in the gusset too. The Theta model definately did.

The drop outs on the Suzuki above look a different shape to the ones on your frame though.

It may be that you cannot positively id this frame to a particular manufacturer, but the good thinkg I guess is that you can then select what it is you want to build it up as!

Vegan

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Vegan,

Some of the Falcons had the exact same holes in the gusset too. The Theta model definately did.

The drop outs on the Suzuki above look a different shape to the ones on your frame though.

It may be that you cannot positively id this frame to a particular manufacturer, but the good thinkg I guess is that you can then select what it is you want to build it up as!

I knew about the drop outs, that they're stubbier on the BITD pic, I have two of the frames, maybe might make one a Falcon and the other the Suzuki

it's not annoying me, it's intriguing that this is unidentifyable easily. I reckon Falcon, may need to investigate the falcon range more closely

Thanks for your help on this

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Please identify this OS frame/forks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx