gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 09:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Action Zone handlebars - stickers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Action Zone handlebars - stickers  (Read 1790 times)

jstring

Action Zone handlebars - stickers
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:46 AM »
I never see Action Zone bars mentioned on here.  In my opinion they were the must have handlebar BITD. :4_17_5:

Anyway,  I have a rather nice set on my nearly finished  bike, but no stickers.  Anyone out there got any (preferably white on clear)?

I kinda doubt it.  Which brings me to my question.  I have a rather tired looking sticker which I rescued and reassembled with sticky tape.  I could scan this quite easily and tidy it up.  I understand though, from other posts on the site, that this would generate a raster graphic which I would need to convert it to a vector graphic to get some printing done.

How on earth do you do that?  I need your help!

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Action Zone handlebars - stickers
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 01:22 PM »
I'm sure there's a pic on here somewhere of an S-Bend Performer with AZ bars. They were popular bars, all right, but some found they bent a little too easily. Maybe that's why they're a little scarce.
I seem to remember reading (either here or VBMX, I forget which) that when someone was selling theirs they were contacted by Dave Curry to make sure they were stamped & genuine?
If that's the case, maybe reproducing the stickers will come under similar scrutiny.

jstring

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 12:39 PM »
Bendy?  Hmmm, I've never heard that.  Now you have got me worried!  Mind you, they have done 20 odd years of service so they can't be that bad!

Who is Dave Curry?

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 02:59 PM »
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 03:08 PM by Wayne Ryder »

jstring

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Well now I know who Dave Curry is.  Nice to see the pics. Thanks for that.

I can't believe it, but there were quite a few disparaging comments about AZ bars on there.

:angrysoapbox:

I am going to make it my mission right this wrong and to protect the name of AZ bars.  They ruled.  They look fantastic. They are indestructible and .........they really hurt when you bang your knees on them - but I love them anyway!

Come on Dave Curry!  Log on, stand up and be counted, and help me to protect this piece of BMX history.

I suspect  that a bad batch of cheapo Taiwan copies of this design classic have resulted in the original getting a highly undeserved bad name.

I'm gonna get some 'Dave Curry is innocent' T-shirts made up.  Who wants one?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Action Zone handlebars - stickers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx