gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 06:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Year  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Bike of the Year  |  Past Winners  |  BOTY 2006 - Winner
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BOTY 2006 - Winner  (Read 31758 times)

Lazarou

Re: Final round for Bike of the Year 2006
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2006, 08:28 PM »
I was a judge at Alan's OS meet in Warrington in 2002, there were some amazing bikes there (a few of which are probably owned by RAD members) and they gave the win to a rusty fookin Burner!! At least that won't happen this time!

I met Hal Marshman there too and he was a great bloke! (not sure if Bill was there!)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 08:30 PM by Lazarou »

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2006, 08:39 PM »
I was a judge at Alan's OS meet in Warrington in 2002, there were some amazing bikes there (a few of which are probably owned by RAD members) and they gave the win to a rusty fookin Burner!! At least that won't happen this time!

I met Hal Marshman there too and he was a great bloke! (not sure if Bill was there!)

We`ll have to invite them to our summer MK meet  :knuppel2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Lazarou

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Why not!! Cementing Anglo-American relations an' that!

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2006, 02:14 AM »
oldest small bike instinctively  ::)

Jazzchimp

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Suppose if where being picky.. should the decoster have ame cam's?

Well spotted Lee, and while 'winner's circle' grips would have been an option I preferred cams and they are era correct, just about. Aeromarine Molding and Engineering bagan back in 74 and changed their name to A'ME Manufacturing Inc in 1975 and cams were one of their earliest grips a couple of years after that. The irony was they were 10 times harder to find than the winnner's circle alternatives and I could only find source them from the US.  ???

oldsky

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Suppose if where being picky.. should the decoster have ame cam's?

Well spotted Lee, and while 'winner's circle' grips would have been an option I preferred cams and they are era correct, just about. Aeromarine Molding and Engineering bagan back in 74 and changed their name to A'ME Manufacturing Inc in 1975 and cams were one of their earliest grips a couple of years after that. The irony was they were 10 times harder to find than the winnner's circle alternatives and I could only find source them from the US.  ???

Bloody hell  :shocked:  I just wanted to make my CW look nice  ;D

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Well done to the winner  ;) ;) ;)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2006, 05:57 PM »
Well done Dordy, yours was always the bike that was in the lead in both polls  :daumenhoch:

It might be worth pointing out that this was not a `show and shine`type contest where every thing had to be era correct ect. but simply a poll to find out the favorite bike built in 2006 as voted by the members of the site  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2006, 05:59 PM »
good lad dave well deserved   :4_17_5:

greentoad

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2006, 06:25 PM »
Don't mean to kick anything off, but....

As has been pointed out, the finished item is what it is all about. I will come clean and say that for me it is all about the presentation of the bike along with the back drop / location and clear pictures. As such I voted for the FA-F, Hutch Trick and Jazz's machine.

Dordy's PK has won fair and square, but (and not knocking the bike - i'd prefer it with gold post and stem).

However, it is shown without correct tyres, the wrong caliper (does not fit, and can not be ridden) and also SX pedals (no one ran those bitd), so for me I have to disagree with what Bike Of The Year means.

J.

Well done Dordy, yours was always the bike that was in the lead in both polls  :daumenhoch:

It might be worth pointing out that this was not a `show and shine`type contest where every thing had to be era correct ect. but simply a poll to find out the favorite bike built in 2006 as voted by the members of the site  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 08:12 PM by greentoad »

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2006, 06:42 PM »
best thing to do mr greentoad is put a bike in yourself.
build it how "YOU" think the bike of the year should be.
then after "YOU" have spent a few quid on bits that "YOU" like and have somebody take piss out of it.
you'll know what it feels like.
dave the bmxing gypo

fuzzynod

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Congratulations Dordy  :4_17_5: well done mate a real Pretty bike.
I agree its your bike how you would build it bitd so enjoy the spoils mate.
Happy new year :daumenhoch:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Yep I have to agree here.. It's about the bikes, it's about personality, too much is put on the era correct thing for me.. We all love these bikes & so what if it's got the wrong tyres a different stem, what ever, what ever, is it really that important if the end product is this pukker..   :rant:

The result proves it's not all about 401's and Comp III's, etc, etc . . .

Hopefully next years vote will be less critical and more fun  :daumenhoch:

Steve

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2006, 09:42 PM »
in that case i will enter the fruit daddy  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2006, 10:25 PM »
in that case i will enter the fruit daddy  :LolLolLolLol:
Now theres class  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2006, 10:28 PM »
now that would cause an argument or to   :LolLolLolLol:  and im not that silly  ...well  :angel:

gt0733

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2006, 11:17 PM »
well done dordy, great visual impact bike. which is why it won........ :4_17_5:.......my vote would have helped too  :2funny:

Goose1

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2006, 11:22 PM »
great visual impact bike.

You are spot on, a visually pleasing bike, which is why it had my vote. Well done Dordy. :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2006, 11:32 PM »
cheers lads  :daumenhoch:.
dave the bmxing gypo

stoke bloke

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2007, 01:51 AM »
well done Dave , you deserved it . Black and gold Pk Ripper  :smitten:  although I have to admit that I mised the voting of round 2 :idiot2:

looking forward to seeing your next one...  ;)

well done to all of the entrants , they are a great reflection on this site  and good motivation to actually finish my own old school build .
phil

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2007, 01:55 AM »
just for the record.

dave you one piece crank having ginger wonder. No way that out shone the DeCoster.

Well done dave, and a happy new year mate. :daumenhoch:
ding dong

QuadPaul

« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2007, 05:40 AM »
Well done dordy and all entrants, the quality of build by RAD memebers is 2nd to none (especially the yanks!!)

Why all the moaning on here?????? Era correct, opc's, etc, etc I actually voted VDC purley for rarity value not becuase of high end parts. but...
As has been said before this vote was about what people on this here where feeling, and as much as fully appreciate era correct and high end parts, they don't always make the flashiest bike.

Oh yeah and btw, HAPYY NEW YEAR you pissed up old farts!!!   :) ;) ;D

jezza

« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Congratulations Dordy a stunning looking bike, and its going to be my inspiration for a ripper build this year hopefully (god this is gonna be an expensive year  ::) )

BOTY for me is all about the looks of the bike nothing to do with visual presentation of backdrops pic quality etc, lets face it we aint all david baileys are we  :-\

For me the Condor was a great story and the resurrection and transformation was stunning a great story

The VDC is my fave bike of them all

But the ripper is the bike i remember staring at in the BMX shop way back then drooling over the frame and forks sat there in the middle of the front window always wondering would i get one...and no i didnt.

Stunning bike which looks in my opinion better than anything about today and pretty much anything BITD  :4_17_5:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Well done Dordy Dave - a lovely build mate. Well deserved for the bike and 'cause you are a top top chap.

I'm with Bill, it's all about how a bike 'feels' not whether the inner tubes are correct...that's how we judged at both the Epic show n shines. Some bikes just do it for ya...you know the ones that look like they were actually ridden bitd...

But really, it's all about personal preference, there's no right or wrong ffs. Me, I voted for the Condor; it's very rare (the only mk1a I know of), it has history, it's still ridden and the love, time and research that went in to it was awesome. Oh, and I love a Hoffman!

But I still love Dordy's build, I remember when I saw it for the first time at Epic - sweeeet.

Stay rad.

:daumenhoch:

Oldschool rider

« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2007, 02:23 PM »
Don't mean to kick anything off, but....

As has been pointed out, the finished item is what it is all about. I will come clean and say that for me it is all about the presentation of the bike along with the back drop / location and clear pictures. As such I voted for the FA-F, Hutch Trick and Jazz's machine.

Dordy's PK has won fair and square, but (and not knocking the bike - i'd prefer it with gold post and stem).

However, it is shown without correct tyres, the wrong caliper (does not fit, and can not be ridden) and also SX pedals (no one ran those bitd), so for me I have to disagree with what Bike Of The Year means.

J.

You should change your name to greentoad with envy!!

Well done Dave, knew you were gonna win :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Year  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Bike of the Year  |  Past Winners  |  BOTY 2006 - Winner

gfxgfx
gfx gfx