gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 07:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Year  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Bike of the Year  |  Past Winners  |  BOTY 2006 - Winner
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BOTY 2006 - Winner  (Read 31662 times)

retrogeezer

Re: Final round for Bike of the Year 2006
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Well done Dave....can't think where you got your inspiration from (wilko tyres and all!! :LolLolLolLol:)

I've had black zeds built for this too....

« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:49 PM by retrogeezer »

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2007, 07:02 PM »
wilko tyres and all!!

see it aint just me  ;D.
im starting a new trend  :daumenhoch:.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Well done Dave. A great looking bike.

theRuler

« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2007, 08:03 PM »
there's no way that ripper should have won - the seat is half inch too high

winnit93

« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2007, 08:08 PM »
wa hay the best bike won :4_17_5:

WELL DONE DAVE U DIRTY LITTLE PIKEY!

theRuler

« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2007, 08:39 PM »
and the front tyre looks like it has the wrong psi
pchaw.

Jazzchimp

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Well done Dave  :daumenhoch: Superb build

The irony was I about to enter my NOS black and gold ripper, but didn't get cables in time!!

well deserved, it does look the cats knackers

And a quick thank you to everyone that voted for my DeCoster, much appreciated, I was over the moon to see it had reached the final 5 especially cos competition was very strong this time  :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2007, 08:53 PM »
your decoster is a dope bike, jazz

you gotta be proud of that.

Jazzchimp

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2007, 09:00 PM »
I am thanks Mr Ruler, it was after seeing some of those early era builds from Reiley1

Thanks for the praise though

Vegan

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2007, 09:09 PM »
i voted for the ripper - stunning

but

given two photo's one with a good backdrop/well taken photo and one with a bad one i think, if it was exactly the same bike that the one with the better photo would win

greentoad

« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2007, 12:13 AM »
FFS

How does one begin. I get critisim for pointing out a few facts, I did not once say that the bike did not win fair and square, did not take the pi$$ either, and get treated like a ****.

I was only pointing out that for me BOTY is about a complete package that is 'era correct' and has to be the best in all aspects.

BOTY means Best Bike in the World for that Year - as Voted for by RAD members (and I would have thought old school rides as that is what we are into)!

If you enter any item in any competion you should be able to take constructive comments, you win some, you loose some, and that is the fun of taking part....... that's the way it is.

I would also like to state that I am not jealous and did not put the bike down in anyway (I did state some facts about some components) - but did say that for me it would look better with gold post and stem.

One minute it is how can Rad get more members, then people are burnt / flamed / or put down for sensible comments. Is it hardly any wonder that loads of old collectors don't join and existing ones leave!

I will still stick with my original comments and will back it up with a few good facts - the bike won two awards this year, was a resto carried out by Dan and has only had very minor changes since Dave took it on!

Congratulations of course go to Dave, but why is there so much bitching and crap talk on sensible topics?

J.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Greentoad, I agree, too much bitching. Your comments were sensible and constructive. I voted for daves ripper, perely on the "eye candy" factor, nothing else. Its very hard to determine if its a good or bad build just from a photo, I have bought a couple of bikes just from photos which loked blinging only to find they were crap.
There was some good bikes entered and I feel the right bike won it.
I entered a period correct bike, with everything as polished as possible. but its hard to do a bike justice with photos. Perhaps bike of the year should be decided by vote at Milton Keynes, then we all get a chance to see the bikes in the flesh!!! and vote accordingly.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

jezza

« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Perhaps bike of the year should be decided by vote at Milton Keynes, then we all get a chance to see the bikes in the flesh!!! and vote accordingly.
That sounds like a good idea not that ive been to a meet yet  :-[ but am goin to next one deffo, only problem is not everyone will see the bikes cos a lot of people wont be there  :(

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2007, 11:25 AM »
Perhaps bike of the year should be decided by vote at Milton Keynes, then we all get a chance to see the bikes in the flesh!!! and vote accordingly.
That sounds like a good idea not that ive been to a meet yet  :-[ but am goin to next one deffo, only problem is not everyone will see the bikes cos a lot of people wont be there  :(

Jezza , I'm not sure I'm understanding your message . Do you mean a lot of people won't be at MK 07 ? , I think you'll be surprised ! . I think there was approx 170 votes for boty , most of the voters & others will be there I reckon  :daumenhoch: . I know that there were regrets from members in 06 that they did'nt go after seeing all the pics/hearing all the stories ! lol .

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2007, 11:36 AM »

Jezza , I'm not sure I'm understanding your message . Do you mean a lot of people won't be at MK 07 ? , I think you'll be surprised ! . I think there was approx 170 votes for boty , most of the voters & others will be there I reckon  :daumenhoch: . I know that there were regrets from members in 06 that they did'nt go after seeing all the pics/hearing all the stories ! lol .

i think Ratty's idea is a good'un, some of the bikes pics no doubt didn't do em justice, !

As for last year's MK turnout, it was fantastic, EVERYONE who has a RAD Membership SHOULD go in 2007 ! No excuses !

One point also, is that we have over 1800 members, so why were there so few votes in for the BOTY by comparison ? The hard core of actually weekly/daily contributers is slim compared to the members list, where are the others??

...just off to Wilko's to get some copy comp 4's !  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 02:30 PM by monkeybiscuits! »
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

gt0733

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2007, 12:56 PM »
not everyone here can see em in the flesh. hang on, send me a return ticket (Qantas of course) and i'll pop over , stay at your joint, drink all yer pi$$, mate with some locals, check the bikes over, vote, then bugger off back here. first class of course and best of all everyone here has a year to save up for me ticket. thanks fellas  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2007, 02:57 PM »
not everyone here can see em in the flesh. hang on, send me a return ticket (Qantas of course) and i'll pop over , stay at your joint, drink all yer pi$$, mate with some locals, check the bikes over, vote, then bugger off back here. first class of course and best of all everyone here has a year to save up for me ticket. thanks fellas  :daumenhoch:
Yep, theres always a problem with my ideas, you do actually need to be able to travel to vote!! Australia is a little bit of a journey to vote, perhaps a proxy vote is in order for members who live outside the UK!!! Otherwise, no excuses!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2007, 03:30 PM »
the mk thing sounds a good idea to me too.
you cant beat seeing the bikes in the flesh.

was a resto carried out by Dan and has only had very minor changes since Dave took it on!

dan did get the frame and bars painted top notch before i got it.
but the only bits i kept on the bike was the frame/fork/bars/wheels/chaindisk and pedals....oh and the tyres lol.which have also been changed.
so not what my pocket would call minor changes to the rest of it.
dave the bmxing gypo

Nana

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2007, 07:00 PM »
Whats this wilko,s everyone keeps banging on about ? i,ve never heard of em ,are they a bmx shop or what :)

fuzzynod

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Whats this wilko,s everyone keeps banging on about ? i,ve never heard of em ,are they a bmx shop or what :)
I think it refers to "Wilkinsons" a chain of stores that sell all sorts of cheap stuff household and otherwise including some reasonable Comp 3 Copies.

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2007, 08:15 PM »
I think it refers to "Wilkinsons" a chain of stores that sell all sorts of cheap stuff household and otherwise including some reasonable Comp 3 Copies.

Fuzzy, is that true re Wilkos and Comp 3 copies?  There's a Wilkos shop near me.....might get Mrs Aerostylie to add it to her shoppin list ;)
Vans Style

theRuler

« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2007, 08:52 PM »
and the front tyre looks like it has the wrong psi
pchaw.

sorry, i am such a stirrer

dave's ripper is second place anyway, as bike of the year is that raleigh that harris is selling

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2007, 09:00 PM »
pmsl  :LolLolLolLol:  you nutter

theRuler

« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2007, 10:41 PM »
it's a gem

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2007, 11:21 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Year  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Bike of the Year  |  Past Winners  |  BOTY 2006 - Winner

gfxgfx
gfx gfx