gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 16, 2024, 06:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline padsets
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline padsets  (Read 7655 times)

zinges83

Redline padsets
« on: January 06, 2007, 01:47 AM »
 :) With redline padsets as rare as hens teeth, does anyone know if anywhere does repros, im looking for a set of the classic white ones for a carrea build.
Im sure this has been asked a thousand times
cheers

gt0733

Re: Redline padsets
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 03:17 AM »
i went through what you are thinking about 3 months ago. there was a fella in the US doing them but he failed to provide me with pics of his work, but wanted $100us for a set. a little extra for v-bar. he wasn't getting my money.
may i suggest you be extremely patient and visit the US and Australian ebay sites as often as you can. i did and i've ended up with a very nice original set for just a bit more than the yank asks for his repos.
i have 3 redlines so i'll be copying the set i have to put on them. the screen printing will have an id in it (probably my initials) so if in the future i sell up they won't be passed on as originals.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 09:56 AM »
I second that, it took me a year to find a set of pads for my pl, still looking for the other pl, just be patient they will turn up, unless you want the carrerra one and not the redline, they really are hens teeth  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Maybe something you could get BMXSTOP.Com to repro and start selling?  It's worth a try, Redline seem to be proud and aware of their history so you never know  :-\

Better to crash and burn than fade away

zinges83

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 10:42 PM »
Cheers fella's.
Will keep checking ebay.
anyone see the redline proline on the us ebay recently (the stu thompson one ) that had a set of carrera pads on it, was a bit suspicious though, it had the bar across on the chainstays, this only came about on the carrera 2.
Correct me if im wrong.

so it will be back to ebay to continu looking for the pads and rarer still a set of blue snakebellys, missed out on a set of cycle pro ones on us ebay went for appx $220 in the end.

Old school parts are like bloody house prices!!!!

gt0733

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 11:15 PM »
LOL welcome to the hobby that seems to increase in cost each time we log on  :shocked:
the prolineII's (or carrera PL-20) came out in 1981 without the BB brace then around 1983 were put in. that carrera on ebay  would have been a great buy for the amount it went for (approx $700 aus), everything was there :daumenhoch:
hang in there zinges, the pads will come.
here's my 1983 prolineII  :smitten:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 11:19 PM by gt0733 »

gt0733

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 11:26 PM »
here's an advertisement from 1982 to keep you motivated  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 11:39 PM »
here's an advertisement from 1982 to keep you motivated  :daumenhoch:

:smitten:  I always wanted that bike  :smitten:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 11:46 PM »
nearly as good as this one  :smitten:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 11:50 PM »
nearly as good as this one  :smitten:

Looks OK, I suppose  ::)

:LolLolLolLol:

Looks great  :daumenhoch:

firebird

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 09:48 AM »
i might be able to make these soon, as redline have been contacted and we're still talking  :daumenhoch:

gt0733

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 10:12 AM »
i might be able to make these soon, as redline have been contacted and we're still talking  :daumenhoch:

talked to redline huh? yeah i sent an email to redline about correct frame stickers and, well.........um i'll be too old to worry about it by the time they do anything.

kudos to you firebird if you get there mate, but, i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you.

zinges83

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 10:42 AM »
That 82 advertisment of the carrera gen 1 is what im building. back in 81 i had a yellow  and blue team murray, before i got my redline600a in 83 could never get my parents to buy me the carrera to expensive at the time, but always remember keeping that advertsment as my dream bike.

back in 80/81 when i first got into bmx and was when i raced for the first time at the westway, in my area it seemed that everyone at that time either had a murray or a prostar, if anyone has any pictures of the murray i had let me know i would love to see a  restored one.

i have just got my R/L f&F PL11 with chainstay gusset (i know its a cheat but with garrera gen 1 being quite rare i will have to compromise.

if anyone has a dia compe pre bent r/h lever out there in blue spare money waiting.

gt0733

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 10:46 AM »
excuse me zinges but,  :wtf: is a gen 1 you keep on about?

Frosty

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 09:24 PM »
Simple the original version of the carrera per pictures above, but the Carrera II is like the pic below and it is this frame that zinges has with the brace behind the bb.

gt0733

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 08:01 AM »
thanks frosty, you've just filled another gap in my brain dead dept  :LolLolLolLol: now there's a pad set that could prove even more difficult to find. anyway zinges my ol' friend, looky what i've found for you

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-REDLINE-padset-bmx-old-school-PADS-3-pcs_W0QQitemZ130066660348QQihZ003QQcategoryZ64644QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

let me know if you are going to bid or not please mate :daumenhoch:

zinges83

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Seen them mate, cheers

Was not sure they look a little beaten up, not sure if they are beyond looking their best any ideas if they are likley to clean up.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 08:21 PM »
Ratty's gonna be all over them ;) He'll swap his pet emporium for a minty set of them :D

gt0733

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 08:40 PM »
i'm hearing ya on the condition report zinges. but it looks like the v pad and stem pad are ok. with a bit of cleaning and removing the scuffed "redline" stenciling on the frame pad, you can then find a screen printer to put your "carerra" stenciling on. once again, if you're not going to bid on them give me a pm please mate.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 10:36 AM »
already been outbid on them, may have to strain the last few quid from me wallet, an english guy is winning them at the moment  :-\

zinges83

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 10:37 PM »
Thats me, give a guy a chance to own his first set of pads. the pads and the snakebellys are all i need to complete my build, hey who am i to tell you not to bid may the fattest wallet win. :knuppel2:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 10:38 PM »
Im out now, cant afford to buy them, so the coast is a bit clearer.....good luck

zinges83

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 11:03 PM »
cheers ratty, this build is slowly becomming a bottomless pit of money, so i know what you mean.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 11:30 PM »
Good luck with them, but expect to bid well over £50, I know another radster who is gonna go in at £50. I managed to get a set by buying a whole bike!!!

LXIX

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 11:32 PM »
behave ratty or ill set my cats on ya!im watching you  :P

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline padsets

gfxgfx
gfx gfx