gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 06:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  can't stop
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: can't stop  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Peanut

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
can't stop
« on: October 07, 2005, 09:23 AM »
I'm having a real braking problem, on my old ride the brakes were ok, I pulled them and I stopped, i've put the same brakes and brake pads on my new ride and they are about as useful as a wicker chair at a nudist camp! The only two differences are that I'm now using a gyro and the wheels are different, both wheel sets are a steel alloy so I don't get it? I'm running the brake pads really tight to the wheel, still no joy.

Could it be the pads?

Sanmarcopizza

Re: can't stop
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 10:23 AM »
try sanding the pads with clean rough sand paper and ensuring your rims are free from grease by wiping with meths. For good braking quality soft compound pads are recommended, but they wear out kinda quick.

aditup

Re: can't stop
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 02:21 PM »
I use the white dia compe pads you get with the brake sets, on alloy rims, they stick like hot sh1t to blanket. Ad

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  can't stop

gfxgfx
gfx gfx