gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 04:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Kuwahara ET
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kuwahara ET  (Read 2969 times)

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Kuwahara ET
« on: October 07, 2005, 12:22 PM »
I have decided that the next bike I wish to restore/build will be a Kuwahara ET. Could someone give me some info on one of these as I know nothing about them??? What is the model of the frame or is it just known as the 'ET' Kuwahara? If it is a standard Kuwahara type frame, could I not just get hold of one and paint it in the appropriate colours? Sorry to be so vague but all I know is that I have taken a fancy to this after seeing the one in the museum. I think they fetch silly money but am prepared to wait and see what comes up. Cheers lads!!!! :D

Frosty

Re: Kuwahara ET
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 12:53 PM »
There are a number of different models depending on available moolah at thetime.

Have a look on jamies site it has got a good model history section.

http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/kuwahara/

Regards

Paul

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 01:10 PM »
I have one, but one of the seat stays is bent.  Don't see why it can't be repaired tho.
Neil

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 01:26 PM »
Check ou the bay item number 7187810804

Jazzchimp

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 01:37 PM »
They are based on the Ku 2.5 and came in 2 different types see below (same frame just different spec).

And here's my beauty - absolutely right and correct spec to the original (except the tyres) and all NOS bits

Hope you got deep pockets!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 02:01 PM by Jazzchimp »

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Hey Jazzchimp, why do I need deep pockets, it says in those ads that they are well cheap, lol. No, honestly thanks for the info, thats well handy. Frosty, am keeping an eye one that one thanks, contacted him early this morning but the bugger won't end early. Region11, give me more info on the one you have, we could have a deal, up for a full resto. Thanks all you lot for all the info so far!    :D

dtrc1969

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 10:41 AM »
Can I just piggy-back on this thread and ask if anyone knows where I can get repro decals for this bike?  (or  a copy of the artwork)?

Thanking you in anticipation guys!  :)

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 10:47 AM »
THAT GAY LAD PK RADMAN FROM NORTHAMPTON has them  ;D

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 10:58 AM »
just for good measure , heres my ET with the stickers i got off the gay fella ;) , just waiting on some ukai wheels to land and i think it will almost be there

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 12:58 PM »
Danny,

You got some Ukai's on the way or still on the lookout?

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 01:01 PM »
hey frosty, ive been promised some for over 2 months, its a freind in fairness who claims they are in his fathers garage, problem is his dad lives in spain for most of the year ;), why have ya got some ;D ;D ;D

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Hey I don't mind you all posting on my thread but I wish you wouldn't post all these pics of the Kuwahara's you have. I want one and your all just showing off!  ;D

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 05:26 PM »
 ;D

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Hey, Danny that ET would go better with my red and white lounge than the brick you have there. If you want me to take it off your hands, just let me know. I really don't mind, im always up for helping people out.  :D

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 05:45 PM »
thats me loft ya cheeky sod ;), i wanted one for ages miv mate, keep ya eyes peeled big fella , heres a pic of mine , i got of the bay in march - cost me 70.00 , then gradually trawled and dragged the other bits together
rusty at hell - craig missfitts sorted it for me he,s a memeber on here - top fella

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 05:57 PM »
Hey Danny, you lucky sod, that was a deal. If thats your loft, i take it all back, it looks lovely, lol. Your still making me jealous with these pics though the good and the bad.  :(

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2005, 05:59 PM »
ok miv , lets do a deal - ill swop it for the 911 in your avactar  ;D, pm your details and well do a swop

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 06:04 PM »
Hey, I would end up with the better deal there. Shes a pig to drive, a bit like my DP, lol. It ain't seen the light of day for 3 years, its gotta go soon! Waste of money.  >:(

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2005, 06:06 PM »
 ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Kuwahara ET

gfxgfx
gfx gfx