gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 05:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX Seats
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX Seats  (Read 6835 times)

login_user

BMX Seats
« on: January 17, 2007, 03:47 AM »
OK Radsters,Why are Kashimax saddles more expensive then anything else?whats the differance between them and,lets say a viscount aero or a no brand aero off the bay?

What bikes where they standard on?

I can't see the Attraction!! :daumenhoch:

Trev

Re: BMX Seats
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 03:53 AM »
no idea.  i only ever rode with a skyway hot seat...  ;D

i must have quite a few of them stashed somewhere as i remember having them in purple, white, blue, green & pink, meaning there should be at least 3 somewhere around here.

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 06:37 AM »
I wasn't into them either. I had a Jaguar Aero which was stock on my Torker... it was like the Shotgun seat. I had a couple of Uni Turbos and Elina Flite Techs too.

login_user

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 03:21 PM »
I wasn't into them either. I had a Jaguar Aero which was stock on my Torker... it was like the Shotgun seat. I had a couple of Uni Turbos and Elina Flite Techs too.

So why do people pay so much for them?is it a craze where one buys then all must follow? :LolLolLolLol:

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 03:27 PM »
you gotta wonder

LXIX

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 03:29 PM »
they are top of the line seat thats why ,like you get a normal frame,expert frame and bro frame same thing for seats

login_user

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 03:32 PM »
you gotta wonder

Too right £60 for a Kashi or £20 posted for a viscount???????? mmmmmm thats hard Not ;D they even look the same apart from maybe a couple of holes and the writing :2funny:

LXIX

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 03:43 PM »
big sigh  ok you are saying you would rather have shark bites than sontour beartraps? well its your choise im not trying to be a snob but i would much rather take 1 year to buid a tiop notch bike than to knock up 4 shit ones with inferior parts  ,but different strokes etc

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 04:00 PM »
The Kashimax Aero just looks the best IMO...  8)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 04:15 PM »
The Elina and Kashimax were stock fitment on a large number of US brand bikes in the early days, which is why so many people want them on their builds. The Viscount tended to be used by UK brands a lot more and then after about 83/84 the US brands started thinking about their costs/profits so started to put them on their lower end bikes.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

selfpreservation

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 05:12 PM »
viscounts were standard on geese  :LolLolLolLol:

login_user

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 06:05 PM »
COOL,Thats better a discussion. :daumenhoch:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 06:09 PM »
People pay more for them because they were simply the most popular seat bitd... In this respect they become iconic.

DR VINOAH

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 06:36 PM »
i only ever run an elina MX or lightnin bolt bitd

never liked kashi,s ,to uncomfortable

and uni,s even though i think they look shithot

everyone i knew who had one broke it in weeks

but...............20 odd years later

i have a kashi on me DB and you know what,very comfy indeed

and believe me or not i now want a uni for me loopy PK :D

vote elina lightnin bolt :smitten:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 09:03 PM »

shotgun II

ave it you bunch of animals

Dave
haro, how do you do

db-oldskool

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 09:20 AM »
The Elina and Kashimax were stock fitment on a large number of US brand bikes in the early days, which is why so many people want them on their builds. The Viscount tended to be used by UK brands a lot more and then after about 83/84 the US brands started thinking about their costs/profits so started to put them on their lower end bikes.

Exactly......... :daumenhoch:
The top Kashi was the leather clad Aero.

Today however it would have to be the Suede Kashi MX DB turbo,the last one on the bay (US) in this condition went for about 125 pounds. :shocked:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 12:47 PM »
they are top of the line seat thats why ,like you get a normal frame,expert frame and bro frame same thing for seats

They are no better than a viscount aero, in fact i like the viscount aero's better. Here's my collection all to go on builds im doing, i probs got these three for the same price as 1 black kashi :idiot2: :idiot2:. The thing is that blue viscount took me 6m to find and i have not seen one since ;) ;)

selfpreservation

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 05:25 PM »

They are no better than a viscount aero, in fact i like the viscount aero's better. Here's my collection all to go on builds im doing, i probs got these three for the same price as 1 black kashi :idiot2: :idiot2:. The thing is that blue viscount took me 6m to find and i have not seen one since ;) ;)

:D has it got the mongoose sticker on . the blue BMX aero  one i mean , wanna swap the black viscount for an nos black viscount with "aero team cycle instead" i need one with the aero written at the bottom like yours so i can turn it into a BMX aero one   :angel:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 06:40 PM »

shotgun II

ave it you bunch of animals

Dave

there you go dave lad.

top banana these buggers.
but i only have 3 of them ::)
ding dong

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 06:52 PM »

Exactly......... :daumenhoch:
The top Kashi was the leather clad Aero.

Today however it would have to be the Suede Kashi MX DB turbo,the last one on the bay (US) in this condition went for about 125 pounds. :shocked:

Suede Kashimax MX and Five Gold seats are so sexy... here is a Five Gold i restored:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 06:52 PM »

:D has it got the mongoose sticker on . the blue BMX aero  one i mean , wanna swap the black viscount for an nos black viscount with "aero team cycle instead" i need one with the aero written at the bottom like yours so i can turn it into a BMX aero one   :angel:

I know, sorry dude but i need them for the same thing :'( :'(

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 09:55 PM »
Keep ya Aero's and MX's, these are what I run BITD, Nice and light.  :LolLolLolLol:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BROOKS-BICYCLE-SADDLE-BROOKS-FLYER-new_W0QQitemZ230076942068QQihZ013QQcategoryZ22693QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Fook me, I got one these NOS from an auction a few months ago in a job lot which cost me very little, maybe £10, which included some Maxxix tyres and some NS wheels;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAN-MARCO-ERA-FX-BLACK-BICYCLE-CYCLE-SADDLE-NEW_W0QQitemZ250075510590QQihZ015QQcategoryZ22693QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I guess hat is a new school score.
Ad  :daumenhoch:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 11:06 PM »
Shotguns were the daddy of the seat world looked light years ahead

althought the kasi were the toughest and best made , I think the MX looks better than the Aero myself

Rich

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX Seats

gfxgfx
gfx gfx