gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975528 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 04:00 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro Sport, FST,FSX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Sport, FST,FSX  (Read 1880 times)

holeshotter

Haro Sport, FST,FSX
« on: October 07, 2005, 11:00 PM »
Right
Can anyone tell me apart from tri moloy frame and different component spec, is there any diferent in a Sport, FST or FSX frame set to look at? Like frame lengths, height of bottom bracket and angles of head tube etc???

aditup

Re: Haro Sport, FST,FSX
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 11:05 PM »
Oh god, not again. Only joking! ;) I have asked this question before and cannot remember the answer. "Mr Haro", Jay, will answer your question in due time. Sit tight. Ad

holeshotter

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Ok will wait for 'Bob' then.

aditup

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 11:11 PM »
I know there is something to do with the lengths, materials, dimension and dropouts, etc, which tells em apart. I got a head full of Lager at the moment, so I'm no use to you :-X Ad

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 07:08 AM »
In '84 FST's have a 1" shorter top tube than Sports, also Sports have machined head-tube and BB and a chainstay gusset that the FST's don't. Both are full Cro-mo

in '85-'86 - The sport gets the L-shaped rear drop-outs and fork pegs, FST's remain the same apart from fork pegs and now Tri-moly. 1" shorter top tube. Sport's have machined head-tube and BB and a chainstay gusset that the FST's don't. In '86 painted Sports get half chrome

'87-'88 - The FSX is introduced (same as FST only comes with Mags, FST with spokes). The FST/X's get chainstay gusset and L-shaped rear drop-outs same as '85-'86 Sports, Sports get 'new' L-shaped drop-outs with 'traction grips' and AD990's on the chainstay's. FST/X's have 1" shorter top tube. Sport's have machined head-tube and BB t that the FST's don't. Painted Sports get half chrome

'88.5 - Haro running out of Sports so in order to cut production time the AD990's, the half chrome and the machined head-tube and BB are cut.

I'm sure I've missed some points and there are other slight variations on the early models, but essentially that's how I tell the difference.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 01:23 AM »
Sounds good to me Phil.......... :)

holeshotter

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 11:47 AM »
Cheers guys

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro Sport, FST,FSX

gfxgfx
gfx gfx