gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 11:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ow elbow pain, advice needed please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ow elbow pain, advice needed please  (Read 7792 times)

zed4130

Re: Ow elbow pain, advice needed please
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2007, 09:27 AM »
get the shots in elbow joints , they are free at docs !
I wonder if they could stick that in my head  :2funny:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Just for you Mark :

now that is just showing off!!!!!
better send some over to Dev by the sound of it  :LolLolLolLol:
Just done a 2 hour cross country ride and could actually hold on to the bars so things are on the up  :daumenhoch:
 :) DINGO :)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Just got back from the doctor who said I can do pyhsio but it is basically what I do at work or leave it to heal naturally  :uglystupid2:
When I mentioned the injections she said "oh yeah we can do that I suppose" and then gave me a form where I have to go and buy the vial of drugs and come back for them to inject it,FFS what do I pay National Insurance for???
best thing is they only have one doctor who can inject it and they are away untill next week so I have to suffer another week  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:
 p.s AND she said do I really want an injection because of the risk of getting an infection

rory

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2007, 05:47 PM »
your doc is out of order , ive had two shots in each elbow and one in shoulder for free , the needle goes
about an inch in and with no anesthetic its not to bad, i have heard some places charge about £6 PER SHOT

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2007, 05:48 PM »
Mine was really hurting after the Sunday sesh at Rom, but resting it the last couple of days seems to have helped  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Flaz

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2007, 06:53 PM »
i had a quaterzone (spellcheck) for tennis elbow nearly 2 yrs ago  and it aint come back yet (touch me woody and whistle)

tennis elbow is rsi  and is common in painters,, apparently i can only have 1 more set of injections  :-\    then  ? ? ? ? change jobs 

rory

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2007, 07:09 PM »
 me doc told me i can only have three in my life time ,so one more and its game over

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2007, 07:18 PM »
I am a Sparky and told the Doc this is what caused it then she asked me if I play raquet sports  :tickedoff:
My shot is gonna cost me the price of a prescription  :tickedoff:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2007, 07:46 PM »
I've had two qtrzone shots and i didn't have to pay for either of them. It was the same though in that i had to wait for a particular doctor to sort it out.

Mark get the shot sone as soon as, then wait a while before you go anywhere near your bike. it will be hard because the shots work quite quickly and you will think it's ok. TBH mine both went again after the shots but then i was back on my bike in about two weeks. It took acupunture to sort out my really bad left arm and acupunture is not something i ever want to have to try again. phisio helped a lot too and i still do it now before i go out on me bike. Which hasn't been that much lately  :(

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Mark, take my advice and go really easy on your arm once you have had the jab. I have said it once already but will say it again, you must lay off tearing into your arm cos it will feel better and quickly, but you can cause further damage. For the best results I would put it in a sling as much as possible to avoid the temptation to use it. Hard I know in your job, but for long term gain it will be worth it.  I went in to quickly after all of mine and now I am fooked.

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2007, 07:55 PM »
me doc told me i can only have three in my life time ,so one more and its game over
Fook me im a gonna then, i had tennis elbow for 2 years went to docs and he'd inject my elbow and if it didn't work then it was off to hospital for a larger injection
did this for 2 years then the consultant said ok we'll operate on it, when he was cutting my elbow open he said we should have done this a year ago  :idiot2:

I think i had about 12 injections in 2 years, but mine was a very rare case

Also my doctor is a mountain biker so he understands that i need to be back on my bike a quick as pos

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys, bike riding isnt what tears it up, its work that does that and I have been using a band/brace thing, using my left hand as much as possible and now use a battery screwdriver all of which helps massively, I dont use pain killers as they mask the pain and and only use lavender oil on the joint not any other gels ect..., I have suffered bad joints before and all of these things help me personally.
I am totally amazed that so many of us are affected by this particular injury and its never really came to light before,
maybe we need a common injuries thru BMX thread?

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2007, 04:14 AM »
It's come to light loads of times before Mark, you just didn't take any notice :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ow elbow pain, advice needed please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx