gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 05:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  how to send money to states when no paypal
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how to send money to states when no paypal  (Read 3986 times)

2020mad

how to send money to states when no paypal
« on: January 22, 2007, 04:56 PM »
Hi, i have bought some bits of a guy on another bmx forum in the states, seems very genuine.
but he does not have paypal, what is the best way to send him the money ( $215 ).
Advice please.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: how to send money to states when no paypal
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 05:06 PM »
I had this dilema a few months back, I looked into the feedback of the seller to see how other buyers has dealt with him and to get an idea if it was neutral or positives.  My seller was all positives and so I built up a good rappor with the seller via email and decided that it was a 50/50 risk as to whether it was going to be OK to Western Union the money so thought fook it, it was only a £100 and while still a lot of cash I thought it was worth the risk.  My bike arrived less than a week after payment, the seller sent it USPS and was tracked all the way to the Parcelforce Depot, who I might add fooked up the delivery completely but that's another story  :LolLolLolLol:

See if they will take payment by Nochex otherwise pay by Western Union and pay for trackable USPS express delivery and go for it  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 05:31 PM »
Just tell him to get a Paypal account......... :daumenhoch:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 11:11 PM »
I use a direct bank transfer... It costs £14 at my Halifax branch, though it may be cheaper from one of the High Street banks.
  You need to ask the buyer for their acc name, Number, Sort code, name and addy of their bank and Banks IBAN number if they have one. Takes 2-3 days to hit their account and safe as houses ;)

2020mad

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 11:15 PM »
Just tell him to get a Paypal account......... :daumenhoch:
     he's not that bothered about selling, just a bmx collector for states with surplus of nos goodies at a good price with current exchange.

2020mad

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 11:16 PM »
I use a direct bank transfer... It costs £14 at my Halifax branch, though it may be cheaper from one of the High Street banks.
  You need to ask the buyer for their acc name, Number, Sort code, name and addy of their bank and Banks IBAN number if they have one. Takes 2-3 days to hit their account and safe as houses ;)
cheers will ask at bank tommorow  :daumenhoch:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 11:32 PM »
Your bank should do CHAPS or BACS ask about both  :daumenhoch:

2020mad

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 12:42 AM »
o.k, cheers. western union transfer................ anyone know about these ?

scary_leary

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 07:23 AM »

yeah u pay through the nose..

but safer than my (sending cash if a jiffy bag technique) which ive done 4times.. once to germany, 3 to the states.
if you really need the item and cash is the only way supose its worth the risk..never had a problem this way.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 09:20 AM »

yeah u pay through the nose..

but safer than my (sending cash if a jiffy bag technique) which ive done 4times.. once to germany, 3 to the states.
if you really need the item and cash is the only way supose its worth the risk..never had a problem this way.

Yep, it's not cheap they charge a high commission and stiff you on the exchange rate, bank transfer might be a good way but again I think similar pricing to WU in charges as you will need to get it converted to USD and the recipient may also get a charge from his bank (almost certain this is the case - it was on the house we rented for snowboarding) but deffo worth asking your bank.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 02:13 PM »
Like i say it cost £14 for me to send $2,000 from my Halifax Building Society accnt.... it cost the recipient $25 to recieve.... less than Paypals fees and Western Union i believe... It is also secure.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  how to send money to states when no paypal

gfxgfx
gfx gfx