gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975533 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 01:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Gold Hutch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gold Hutch  (Read 9496 times)

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Gold Hutch
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 10:13 PM »
£280 if memory serves me right

theRuler

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 10:14 PM »
£280?

is that the going rate for a hutch f+f?

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 10:16 PM »
i could be wrong mate but im sure it was around that

Stu uk Liverpool

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 10:17 PM »
fair enough andy
have you ever head of the term takin food from my kids mouth

being a father and all that mate
i aint messin pal

i,ll do the hutch myself refund you in the meantime so give this feedback the boot
if you dont
im already fuming

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 10:27 PM »
I'm a little shocked by what I'm reading here.

Stu, it seems to me you sold something you didn't have - £280 Andy paid, which you've been sitting on. If your reputation was that important to you, you would have made sure that after 4 months waiting, the f&f would have made up for it, but no.

Then you come on here talking about taking food from your childrens mouths??? You've made a cock-up of this whole deal and now your trying to pull a guilt trip on people?

Besides, last I saw, you had a nice car sat in your driveway that you proudly showed off on a picture you posted here. If you can't feed your family, perhaps you should sell that......................and since when has not being able to fly you and your boy out to Dubai taking food out of their mouths  :wtf:

:angrysoapbox:

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 10:34 PM »
 :wtf:
I cannot believe your replies Stu!
You completely shaft Andy and then write complete garbage to make him feel bad  :wtf:
Jesus if this is your attitude your business deserves to suffer
I am fuming reading this thread so god knows what Andy must be feeling

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 10:42 PM »
Not sure really what to say...
Is this a threat too  ???

yep i'll refund you
sorry i meant refund you money on receipt of goods and removal of funny feedback

The last message i got from you was asking for my address.... nothing to do with refunds and doing the Hutch yourself. I sent you a message through eBay at 1pm today after opening the parcel and have yet to get a reply.
  I dont take kindly to being threatened especially when i have done nothing wrong.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 04:14 AM »
Moose has already said what i was going to say.

Get a grip Stu and sort this deal out the way you should have done in the first place.

Trev

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 06:31 AM »

I can't believe the response from Stu.  Moose has pretty much said it how it is.

Using your kid as a guilt trip ain't on either.  :wtf:   That has got fook all to with this.

What do you expect Funmonster to do? He's waited 4 months for this frame which is clearly not what he paid for.

I appreciate your other work may be of top quality, but we are not talking about your other work here.
If this is the quality of something you would send out, then how could you not expect negative feedback??

You obviously know you are in the wrong here, otherwise there would be no offer of a refund on the table.  However asking him to remove negative feedback in order to get his money back?  That's not on either...  If the reputation of your business is so important as you repeatedly say, there is no way you would have allowed that frame to be sent out in that condition.  As it was a third party that did the plating so badly, it is them that have ruined your reputation and you should lay your guilt trip with them and possibly pursue compensation from them for the bad feedback ultimately losing you business.

The best thing you could have done is to have refunded Funmonster and bitten the bullet on the negative feedback.  An apology would also have gone a long way.  By ranting on here like you have, you have depreciated your reputation a hell of a lot more.

:angrysoapbox:  :rant:

db-oldskool

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 06:33 AM »
Ok,I may not have much of worth to say here cuz I don't know either party personally but.......

I have to say that plating job is so horribly bad I'd rather wear a barbwire thong,I would be ashamed to say I was even partially responsible for that nightmare.If I were running a plating business & had to vendor out business,the guy who did that in my name would be sleeping with the fishes. :2gunsfiring_v1:

Mr Stu.(For lack of knowing your last name).
Whatever you do,make sure you make it right.
You have to admit that butcher job is beyond the line,had you been in those same shoes you'd be royally pissed off too.To say he did something bad by leaving a bad feedback for that worthless piece of shite,that is just insane & I'm surprised you don't check your vendors work before passing it along as something you'd be proud of.

My god man,people just have no sense of responsibility anymore. ::)
I truly hope your work is better than your vendors,do something like that to the royalty in Dubai & you're gonna end up on Al Jazeera with no need for a hat anymore. :shocked:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:16 AM by db-oldskool »

Goose1

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 07:17 AM »
As for Andy crapping the name of your business? I think you're doing a good enough job yourself!

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Moose and Trev have it spot on.

Stu, if you want that neg feedback removed you better get the frame sorted out first.

Fumonster was well in his rights to leave bad feedback from the service and product he received.
If you are loosing £1000s you better pull your finger out. I run my own business too and you cant get complacent with your service and products or your clients wont be happy.

YOU fuming, you should be bending over backwards to sort this out.

Your pics show some good plating but that is not in question. The frame is and it is terrible. You should throw the company that done this to the kerb mate and do them yourself. They are doing you no favours.

You are only as good as your last job, even if it wasn't yours.

Flaz

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 10:02 AM »
I think were missing the real culprit behind all this

Robbie bloody fowler,  as we all know hes owns every house in liverpool and by charging so much rent  he has caused good old stu  to go  in to poverty, thus making him rush all his work and not giving himself enough time to make a good job and dropping his standards,  his rent is now so high he has been unable to take his children on the trip to butlins in dubai

I say we have a charity cruise for him, so he can feed  his family and give them the holiday they deserve

andy go easy on him, its robbie fowlers fault

remember  "a scouser aint just for christmas"

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 12:02 PM »
FuNMoNsTeR: I really feel for you on this one.

Su - I don't know what to say to your responses - I was dumbfounded by your response to this.

You have sub-contracted out this work (at your responsibility) because you had too much work on (suggests that business is good / booming at the moment?) As last I noticed you were showing off your Jaguar XK8 or XKR sitting on your drive (be that some time ago).

The job has gone pear shaped - (again at your responsibility - No?)

Then there is the statement that you sold a - 1987 Taiwan made pro racer f&f (which are renowned for being less than well made) as a mid 80's pro racer of much higher quality and you didn't think to at least remove the decals or communcate this to your third party plater?

Conclusion:

If I were you I would bite the bullet and without hesitation refund all the money before you ask for the f&f back - PLUS Expenses!

And finally do not sub-contract your work out to untried and tested companies if your you are not prepared to accept the Consequences!

This reaks of bad business practice.

(MODIFIED POST: Heat of the moment - Stu when your busy then I understand that mistakes can happen).

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:35 PM by diesel »

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Andy , Gutted for you mate   :(

Stu , I'm shocked in your attitude & your solution in rectifying the problem .

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 12:38 PM »
this is crazy !

what happenned to the saying "The customer is always right !"  :idiot2:

if there ever was a case, this is it, Andy (FuNMoNsTer) is the innocent party here, and blaming him for 'taking food from your kids mouth' is well out of order !!  :shocked:

Ultimately the blame (and Shame) is on you Stu  >:(

oh, and Flaz....the Robbie Fowler quote was hilarious !!  ;)
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 03:00 PM »
what an almighty balls up...

im taking an impartial veiw here.

stu, we've all seen your work, its outstanding, do the right thing, get that bike re-plated and decaled up, or refund andy.
when all is sweet im sure andy will put right the neg feedback, although to be fair he would be within his rights to leave you a neutral score, and put it down to bad comms or somthing.

i'm sure that in the death this deal will be squared up nicely.

andy, stu, get some decent communication going between you and sort it out.

Dave
haro, how do you do

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 03:58 PM »
as far as the ebay listing goes,legally stu's not got a hope if it goes that route, which in reality it shouldn't. overall bad job,bad excuses = bad business.stu do the right thing and get it sorted  ::)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:00 PM by retrorider.u.k »

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2007, 07:17 PM »
sorry to hear about this andy,someones taking the pi*s me thinks, :'(
British race frames and race clothing wanted

scary_leary

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2007, 07:31 PM »
A lot of us on rad take the piss. Im one of the worst.. but this is beyond a joke.
We’ve all been let down opening our (highly anticipated) ebay goods..but the feeling he must have got opening that bag a’shite just doesnt bear thinking about….

Made me feel physically sick just looking at it..

ozzie_owl

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 07:32 PM »
The worst part about it is that the seller hasn't even had the decency to apologise, at least not on this forum.  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2007, 07:57 PM »
this is mad i thought stu was a top bloke  :uglystupid2: whats gone wrong  >:D
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

winnit93

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 08:07 PM »
stu
you have to sort this not only is the gold shite but its not even the right model frame.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007, 08:12 PM »
I know stu has not been on for a while, but I had the impression that he was a stand up bloke.

Theres no point replating it, because its the wrong bike anyway.

i would take the refund andy.
I want to touch ORB

Stu uk Liverpool

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2007, 11:40 PM »
ive mailed andy
i do apologise for all this balls up
and apologise to andy himself.

ive offered him a refund or a re-plate which i wil do myself.

i can excuse myself  for it taking 4 months of a fiasco
yep i had huge personal probs  people who know of these really dont know the half of it
and really i cant go into it at all..

am i still a stand up guy well ask the guys from old

regards

stu

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Gold Hutch

gfxgfx
gfx gfx