gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 01, 2024, 12:00 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Usefull Ebay search tool?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Usefull Ebay search tool?  (Read 1709 times)

SaMAlex

Usefull Ebay search tool?
« on: January 26, 2007, 10:15 AM »
A mate of mine has asked me to try a little software he has written. It is intended to help when looking for stuff on Ebay. The problem is, even though it sounds like it might be really usefull, we are struggling to come up with an example of how it might help. The key to it is that it will search the DESCRIPTION, and not the TITLE. The idea is that if you searched for something in both items and description, and came back with hundreds of results, with the tool you can filter down to find stuff that other people might miss.

Any ideas of something to search for to give it a test? I dont think there are enough bike parts slipping through the net to make it work

FuNMoNsTeR

Re: Usefull Ebay search tool?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 04:31 PM »
That sounds like a decent idea m8  :daumenhoch:
 It would work for all items not just BMX.... There are people making a good living from getting people to subscribe to their mis spell sites... Maybe you could develop this the same way and make a few quid  ;)

LXIX

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 05:18 PM »
i have my own program for finding mis spelt parts its my spelling  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  i find loads of bits you cant find  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :crazy2:

LXIX

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 05:19 PM »
i can help him with words for his search engine if he likes for a small fee  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :buck2: :smiley6600:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 05:51 PM »
i have my own program for finding mis spelt parts its my spelling  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  i find loads of bits you cant find  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :crazy2:

yeah its called fatfingers.com

Dave
haro, how do you do

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 06:05 PM »
he has got the miss spelt thing built in it too. its something that is quite common but he thought, if he is going to try and sell the software to Ebayers, he might as well put a few useful things in it

Trev

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 06:27 PM »

Ah ha.... so that's how you manage to find so much stuff...  :LolLolLolLol:

I never thought of that before.  Just mistype the word and find the secret stash of fellow illiterates....  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Usefull Ebay search tool?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx