gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975592 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 03, 2024, 01:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Yes Trick Team
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Yes Trick Team  (Read 9128 times)

angrykid

Re: Yes Trick Team
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Listen to you lot, honestly its as if it were yesterday. Not  bad turn out by all accounts.I'm not sure if any of you lotare still reading this but for what it's worth - Hello from Darren W. I still get flashbacks. Anyone remember Adam Kimberley. he got in touch lately and tells me he still has his ripper on the wall in his study...HIS STUDY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! How the mighty have fallen. My Haro is rusting at the back of my sisters garage if anyone is interested in it.

Linus27

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 04:13 PM »
Hey Darren,

Good to here from you. So, you telling us it was not yesterday we were all BMXing??. Now I know why my clothes don't fit me and everyone laughs at me when I go out to the shops.  :LolLolLolLol:

I know the name Adam Kimberley but can't picture him. I was talking to Nigel Brown yesterday and he was telling me he bought your old Haro :)

Man your Haro rusting away. Thats criminal :) Did you ever finish your stem conversion? I remeber you were designing it at school where the brake cable went through the stem but I never saw the finished project.

Anyway, good to have you aboard. Before long your be rebuilding your Haro and joining us at the Novice nights  :LolLolLolLol:

Linus27

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 04:14 PM »
A few more names you can add to who rode for the Farnborough Team which I think was called Farnborough Phantoms is,

Matty Chilman - Diamond Back
Nigel Brown - Haro (ex Darren Walsh)
Keith Potts

One more name to add to the list,

Dave ??? (rode with the Yes team but died in a car crash in 1988)

angrykid

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Yup, I finished the mod and won an award for it then Skyway came out with a similar one so bang went my plans of being a bmx tycoon. I think it's still on the bike.

I think it was Dave Calister who was in the crash. We did a summer tour of duty with Yes with Steve G, Mike  G and Chris L. A fine time at the mercy of 'Cliff' our driver from hell.

I've found a ton of images but have no idea how to put them on.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 06:10 PM by angrykid »

Linus27

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 06:31 PM »
Yup, I finished the mod and won an award for it then Skyway came out with a similar one so bang went my plans of being a bmx tycoon. I think it's still on the bike.

I think it was Dave Calister who was in the crash. We did a summer tour of duty with Yes with Steve G, Mike  G and Chris L. A fine time at the mercy of 'Cliff' our driver from hell.

I've found a ton of images but have no idea how to put them on.

Bugger, thats a shame. I remember you showing me it at your house and I was well impressed.

Do you remember the name of the guy that you used to hang around with that did not live around our area? He was very tall and did freestyle also and he used to do a fair few shows. I think one of them may have been at Olympia in London. It was probably around 1984/1985.

Are your photo's scanned in? If so then it will be dead easy to post them on here. Upload them to somewhere like photobucket and then provide a link on here. Let me know if they are scanned first and I can guide you through. Would be great to see more photos.

By the way, do you remember Anthony Colgate?

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Hello Darren.

Get that bike of yours out and let me give it a polish up. I haven't lost the nack.
Nice to see you on here. It would be great to see a few pictures if you can sort them out. Give Chris Laney a shout and see if you can coax him back on here.
I don't think I will ever forget the trips we went on. I think we were lucky to survive, just how fast can a Renault Master go downhill filled with ramps and bikes !

angrykid

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Ha, it was a riot. I remember that whirlwind trip to great Yarmouth to ride in a nightclub to Danny owen singing that BMX boys song, watching it on telly in a pub (they shot it on 16mm film and processed it in time for the evening news) then sleeping in the van all the way home. Then doing it all over again a few weeks later.

I'll dig out the Haro. My race inc got nicked from the same garage a couple of years ago.

Mike I do remember Colgate. He had a redline with red tuffs and tyres. still cant get my head round the photo thing -  I'll have a bash

Linus27

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Ha, it was a riot. I remember that whirlwind trip to great Yarmouth to ride in a nightclub to Danny owen singing that BMX boys song, watching it on telly in a pub (they shot it on 16mm film and processed it in time for the evening news) then sleeping in the van all the way home. Then doing it all over again a few weeks later.

I'll dig out the Haro. My race inc got nicked from the same garage a couple of years ago.

Mike I do remember Colgate. He had a redline with red tuffs and tyres. still cant get my head round the photo thing -  I'll have a bash

Yeah thats the one. I forgot he had a Redline.

Let us know if you need a hand with the photo's. Its dead easy honest and would be great to them.

By the way, hows Nina? She was in my class at school and totally bonkers :)

angrykid

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 09:26 PM »
Nina's good, she lives around the corner from me in Streatham. I'l let her know I'm in touch, I'm sure she'd want to catch up. She's a great musician these days(check her out on myspace) I'll have a basha t the pics now.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Talking about the drivers I remembered this.
Seem to remember one of them was called Bruce (I think) He used to bring a different young lady every trip and none of them was his wife !  I think it was him that plastered all the scooters in the background with YES stickers.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 09:37 PM »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

erniemadden

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 09:48 PM »
Hey Darren,

you have to get that master out mate. Gen1 if I remeber right. Graphite black tuffs and Redline flights talk about envious.
I had the Green prolite freestyler used to hang about with Mike B.
Saw an old friend Becky Clarke just last week and occasionaly bump into Ad kimbeleys brother Chris.
Think last time I saw you, you were on either Blue Peter or Take Hart doing some Arty thing with Masks.
I wern't dreaming that...or was I  :uglystupid2:
Do you still keep in touch with Jonny Priest?

Steve
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:51 PM by erniemadden »

angrykid

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 10:42 AM »
Hmm, I traded the toughs in for some chrome araya's with a giant dogger of a GT coaster brake on the rear (obviously) They ended up on the mother of all boot sale tables along with a small shop's worth of amazingbike parts. I think a collector swiped the lot. It was very cathartic. The Master ended up with vile lavender comp s.t's on -  They were the last ones in the country at the time and no other colour was available. I loved the tyres enough to put up with the hue - very 80's. They're still on there so unless anyone has something better I'm gonna have to put some shoppers on it (maybe...one day)

I'm afraid that was rolf Harris's cartoon club back in 92. Oh dear, I thought I'd got away with that one.

I've not seen Jon Preece for about 20 odd years. According to Adam K he's working in a shop in frimley high street. Don't know about his brother Nick either - be good to know.

Howz Becky?

angrykid

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 11:06 AM »
   Cznt seem to paste pics but you could try for a tester
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp272/darnwalsh/goods.jpg

Linus27

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 11:30 AM »

HEHEH great photo. Check out the old Haro brake levers. I remember the little nut in them would always fall out. :) Looked a bit foggy that morning at Camberley Auto Factors.

Keep posting them piccies up. They are great.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 12:21 PM »

Nice picture, hope Mike sees it !
All you need to do to include the picture into the message is to click on the img code and paste that into the message.

Linus27

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 12:36 PM »

Nice picture, hope Mike sees it !
All you need to do to include the picture into the message is to click on the img code and paste that into the message.

As Steve says, like this Darren. Clink on the quote tab in this post (top right) to see how I have linked your picture.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 01:00 PM »

If I wasn't riding around the street then I was up at the half pipe at Farnborough, in the woods by Tomlinscote School or down at Southsea.

Linus, we must have met at sometime as I used to ride those very same places with an old mate, Darren Norman who lived on the Heatherside Estate and went to Tomlinscote School!  Some awesome riding spots down that way, just off the Maultway on what is now a golf course and some great jumps round the back of the school in the ranges at the top of the hill.   I loved that place  :LolLolLolLol:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Linus27

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 01:13 PM »

If I wasn't riding around the street then I was up at the half pipe at Farnborough, in the woods by Tomlinscote School or down at Southsea.

Linus, we must have met at sometime as I used to ride those very same places with an old mate, Darren Norman who lived on the Heatherside Estate and went to Tomlinscote School!  Some awesome riding spots down that way, just off the Maultway on what is now a golf course and some great jumps round the back of the school in the ranges at the top of the hill.   I loved that place  :LolLolLolLol:.

Yeah we must have done. How old would Darren be now. Just trying to work out if he would be in my year at school or older/younger. Yes, the jumps at the Maultway were cool. I remember one really big jump that everyone would do a tabletable off. There was also a track further down which was oppersite Ravenscote school and behind the Tomlinscote playing field. Is this the one you mean? That was a proper track and where I broke my collar bone. I went up there the other week to see if its still there but its all over grown now.

angrykid

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 01:37 PM »
I have boxes of pics but this one makes me cry. My first race. Left to right. Robin Human, not sure, Me and Jon Watson who was very fast. I know this isn't freestyle but couldnt help it.

Also a winnning cherry picker to match a winning perm from Mr Chris Laney

my haro - sniff

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Yeah we must have done. How old would Darren be now. Just trying to work out if he would be in my year at school or older/younger. Yes, the jumps at the Maultway were cool. I remember one really big jump that everyone would do a tabletable off. There was also a track further down which was oppersite Ravenscote school and behind the Tomlinscote playing field. Is this the one you mean? That was a proper track and where I broke my collar bone. I went up there the other week to see if its still there but its all over grown now.

Darren is now 40 and used to ride a Hutch Pro Racer, all chrome and black.  He used to know the Preece brothers really well; I once rode off ther garage roof for a bet  :D.  Jon used to teach snowboarding in Andorra (I bumped into him there), no idea what Nick is up to though.  I remember the track by the school,  the jump I'm thinking of was the huge bombhole at the top of the hill by Tomlinscote in the ranges, I remember getting huge airs out of that  ;).  There was also a really great jump close the old convent and hospital near the junction with the Maultway, I think I cleared ten tyres off that jump  :D.

angrykid

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 02:16 PM »
I remember Darren - he was dangerous. I remember him doing a 360 and narrowly missing a small girl head - brilliant! He used to hang out with the heatherside lot (andrew Walsh, Dave Tiny, DAve Shaw) I remember those tyres being stacked too. Like I said Dangerous. Anyone remember Alan Tucker?

Linus27

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 02:18 PM »

Darren is now 40 and used to ride a Hutch Pro Racer, all chrome and black.  He used to know the Preece brothers really well; I once rode off ther garage roof for a bet  :D.  Jon used to teach snowboarding in Andorra (I bumped into him there), no idea what Nick is up to though.  I remember the track by the school,  the jump I'm thinking of was the huge bombhole at the top of the hill by Tomlinscote in the ranges, I remember getting huge airs out of that  ;).  There was also a really great jump close the old convent and hospital near the junction with the Maultway, I think I cleared ten tyres off that jump  :D.

I don't think I know Darren although I remember someone having a Hutch as they were pretty rare bikes. Yeah the jump by the old Brompton Hospital was cool although jumps and racing was never my thing. I was utter pants at them. I used to just watch everyone else do them. There was also a guy called Chris Harbour who used to live up at heatherside. He had a Redline but he was more my age (38) so you guys may not had known him.

Linus27

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 02:20 PM »
I remember Darren - he was dangerous. I remember him doing a 360 and narrowly missing a small girl head - brilliant! He used to hang out with the heatherside lot (andrew Walsh, Dave Tiny, DAve Shaw) I remember those tyres being stacked too. Like I said Dangerous. Anyone remember Alan Tucker?

The name Alan Tucker rings a bell but I can't picture him. What bike he ride.

Keep the photos coming coming Darren. I think Chris laney is the guy I was thinking about that you used to hang out with. Am I right in thinking he did not live around our way????

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 02:26 PM »

That would be Daz  :LolLolLolLol:  Some old names there; Walshy RIP, there was also Adam, Liam, Joe, Jamie and many more.  I was Daz's mad mate from London with the glasses; happy days  :).  Linus, I'll ask about Chris Harbour, rings a bell but I can't put a face to him at the moment!!  Lots of drunken nights at the Wheatsheaf on the Heatherside bitd  :D.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Yes Trick Team

gfxgfx
gfx gfx