gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 16, 2024, 07:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  dont you just love it ......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dont you just love it ......  (Read 2883 times)

YGT

dont you just love it ......
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:58 PM »
When ebayers who sell you something try to rip you off on postage, especially when they are disapointed when it doesnt sell for more than they want it to have sold.
I have a purchase which I feel is about to go bad.

I bought an item for 1us dollar.
The seller has changed his payment terms after accepting my bid, but since ebay doesnt allow you to do this after a bid is accepted he has just added it as an extra description dated after my bid.
Anyway, he is all stroppy with me and has refunded my payment which covers the product (which is small enough to send as a letter) and shipping costs.
Basically I was being generous with the shipping and paid $5 for shipping of an item which is close to double what the actuall cost to ship the item costs.
But even so, I have recieved a refund and rude email in which I have been told I need to wait for an official invoice from him. I expect this is where he will ask for a ridiculous ammount for shipping which will more likely be more costs in handling than actuall shipping.
Anyway we will have to wait and see, then followed by a negative feedback from this seller.

Oh well we all love ebay, but really why do we open ourselves up to such gullability like teenagers to overpriced alchoholfree stripshows.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 07:04 PM by YGT »

Trev

Re: dont you just love it ......
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 12:03 AM »
i tend to only bid on stuff that is in the UK and the postage price has already advertised. i've heard to many bad stories from people trying  to get stuff from overseas to want to risk that. besides, if someone stiches me up on a deal, it's not too far to go anywhere in the uk to give someone a kicking.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:39 AM »
I allways get a shipping price on overseas stuff, ever since I got charged $20 to ship a seat clamp  :Aresehole:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 05:36 AM »
When that happens, I normally pay the 'extortionate' amount with a little note saying 'isn't the shipping a bit expensive'. When it arrives, I then have proof of the actual cost on the envelope and I send a polite but firm message saying something along the lines of 'I paid $$ for shipping, it cost you this, ebay allows for reasonable shipping costs, if you don't refund me the difference I'll file a dispute' - it hasn't failed yet. I've had refunds of some sort every time.

The only time it back-fires is if the seller isn't actually pulling a fast one and is shipping the most expensive rate - I think I once had a seat shipped to me where the seller charged me about $40 (normal airmail is about $12). I was thinking that I'd probably get $20 refund, but when it turned up he's sent it the most expensive way and it was $36.50 (or something like that) - bugger  >:( :LolLolLolLol:

YGT

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 11:04 AM »
well i got this message from the seller last night LOL.
Obviously a product with a 1 dollar sale value is highly needed to be sent via FED-ex international  ;D
I havent bothered telling him to F*off yet as if he wants to play silly buggers with me then I will let him do the work first before i tell him NO.

"I choose how to send this! I use FED-EX! USPS HAS NO tracking once it leaves the UNITED STATES it on its OWN! I dont like sending stuf thru the postal service because there is no gauratee it will deliver! ONCE IT LEAVES THE US THE postal service is not responsible! Your Item will be shipped VIA FED-EX I will invoice you when I get the total! I decide how this is shipped! Sorry I do NOT use the postal system for international shipments AS there is no gaurantee! THANK YOU!"

YGT

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 12:20 PM »
I have now contacted an american friend so that I can ship it to his house LOL
this way I can pay just the shipping charge stated on the ebay charge for shipping within the USA  ;D

Yes I may not ever get the 1 dollar grip, but at least I will teach the fooker not to mess people arround.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 12:25 PM »
good stuff   :LolLolLolLol:  numptys some of them.

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 12:36 PM »
Yes I may not ever get the 1 dollar grip

sounds like a cheap hooker

YGT

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Yes I may not ever get the 1 dollar grip

sounds like a cheap hooker

Who the seller or the product ?   :LolLolLolLol:

YGT

Re: dont you just love it ...... (BEWARE OF THIS SELLER .... )
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 07:40 PM »
Ok here is the story.
I won an auction for 1 grip (not a pair) of a grab on mx3 for 1 dollar.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120080670094&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

I sent the guy 1 dollar for the grip and $5.50 for the shipping which is more than what the shipping costs.
I even sent him the direct link to USPS.com to show him the exact costs being

He then returned my payment allong with this message.

UMM $4.50 WILL NOT GET THIS TO SWEEDED PERIOD!!! I emaied you right away when the auction ended for you to send me your address so I could figure shipping charges THE auction states the flat rate shipping charges are for the UNITED STATES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will email you back with the as I will refund your payment PLEASE WAIT FOR NEW INVOICE! PLEASE PLEASE WAIT!

and had not even replied to him and i get this .... and he had gotten the shipping ammount i sent him wrong.

I choose how to send this! I use FED-EX! USPS HAS NO tracking once it leaves the UNITED STATES it on its OWN! I dont like sending stuf thru the postal service because there is no gauratee it will deliver! ONCE IT LEAVES THE US THE postal service is not responsible! Your Item will be shipped VIA FED-EX I will invoice you when I get the total! I decide how this is shipped! Sorry I do NOT use the postal system for international shipments AS there is no gaurantee! THANK YOU!

and then this .....

OK here is your options for shipping! Im being nice cause I dont what this to become a ISSUE! OPTION#1 I will ship USPS for a FLAT rate amount of $6.50 If you assume all the RISK involved in shipping it this way If so let me know! OPTION#2 USPS insured! is about $17.00 with guarateed postage! option#3 fed-eX WITH TRACKING AND INSURANCE IS ABOUT $15.00 Please let me knoew what option you would like and I will send you your invoice and we will get this done! Note if you choose OPTION# 1 you need to email me stating you what it shipped this way and assume ALL risks that go with a un-insured INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT! Thank you please let me WHAT YOU WANT I AM EASY to WORK with if you give me a CHANCE!!!!!!! GEARman!

so after this I decided its not going to be too easy to talk to a person who sounds like their on PCP so i basically paid for the grip and shipping to a US friends address and used the shipping costs stated on his page for USA shipping..... plus after a bunch of these odd emails i just didnt trust the guy.
I then got this ....

OK What is going on where did this payment come from? And where is this grip being shipped to!

and another one ... I hadnt repplied before i got another one.

Please contact about GRAB-ON GRIP! First you send payment with address to send to SWEDEN! You figure your OWN SHIPPING amount and PAY PAL me the money!Then I get another PAY-PAL payment to ship to IOWA ?????? Your profile member location is in the UNITED KINGDOM! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS! THANK YOU GEARman!

I explain to the guy ... I didnt want the hasstle so i have sent you payment allong with shipping deyails through paypal to a friends address in iowa (flatlandfuel bmx store).
then another one comes in .....

I REALLY THINK I WAS IN-LINE! I did not demand anything I gave 3 VERY REASONABLE OPTIONS TO SEND THIS TO SWEDEN AS YOU REQUESTED!THE International Flat rate to sweden was ONLY $2.OO more than the united states flat rate! I just wanted to know what was going on with this AUCTION thats ALL! YOUR making me FEEL REAL UNCOMFORTABLE about this whole thing! I NEVER had someone figure there OWN shipping charges and send me the BILL! With there payment when they dont even know what type of package was used or the demensions of the package are! Or the EXACT weight is! Than dont respond to a email I sent with 3 VERY reasonable options!For them to let me know what they want! If you wanted it shipped to A US address instead you could have emailed me FIRST! Instead you just send a payment! I never had someone change there ship to address to a different side of the PLANET!I am VERY confused! I dont know what else to say.

very odd guy .... or maybe its just me.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 07:51 PM »
pcp  :LolLolLolLol:

db-oldskool

Re: dont you just love it ......*********** (beware of this seller)
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 02:40 AM »
You should have sent him some prozac after the 1st payment attempt.  :LolLolLolLol:

login_user

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 03:24 AM »
Only on ebay can you encounter such delightful people. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 03:04 PM »
To be honest, it just sounds to me like a breakdown in communication.

The seller seems like he was willing to ship to you at a resonable cost (after some consideration though), but by that time you'd decided it would be a lot less hassle to have it shipped to your friend in the US - if you didn't email him to tell him this is what you we're going to do I can understand his confusion.

Having said that, if he'd have just said in the first place - 'shipping to Sweden will be $6.50' - then it would have saved all this drama  :LolLolLolLol:

Frosty

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Load of bull about the USPS service too. I prefer to use their global priority mail, they provide a tracking number that can be used on our post office and parcel force web sites to track progress.

What a norbert.

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 05:14 PM »
I tend to agree with Moose on this one.

As a seller I wouldnt be too happy with a buyer deciding on what he thinks the postage should be and then paying accordingly without contacting me. Also then messing about and changing delivery location. Remember that ebay and paypal only cover the seller if he sends it to the buyers registered address.

The lesson to be learned is always contact the seller before the end of the auction and agree postage costs. Pretty simple really

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 07:03 PM »
i will bet my house, if you pay the cheap shipping, you never ever ever see it, except when he sells it as 'another' grip he had a little later.
ding dong

YGT

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 08:16 PM »
i will bet my house, if you pay the cheap shipping, you never ever ever see it, except when he sells it as 'another' grip he had a little later.

That was also my feeling and another reason why I decided to ship it to the usa instead.... as even if i payed 6 dollars and lost it in the post i didnt mind ... i just didnt want to pay this person 6 dollars and have him tell me a story or reason why it didnt arrive. well there was an update, yesterday morning I woke up to more emails and another refund lol

I then was supplied with an appology again and then a new invoice asking for my shipping address that I had used on the last payment.
After this he then offered to send me the grip for free to the usa friend instead and asked me to provide positive feedback.
I didnt want to reply to this guy imediatly and decided to do it later on that day .... and came back to another email saying it had been shipped.

Out of all honesty, even though communication can break down with sellers at times, I feel that maybe i stumbled onto a seller with "issues" since his speradic behaviour from happy to angry etc kept switching.

choad666

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 10:01 AM »
This is definately wierd! I've dealt with the guy a couple of times and had no problems at all. But I'm in the U.S. so I'm sure that makes a bit of a difference.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  dont you just love it ......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx