gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975533 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 23, 2024, 11:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Motomag wheel Restoration need advise
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Motomag wheel Restoration need advise  (Read 1630 times)

zinges83

Motomag wheel Restoration need advise
« on: February 15, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Hi Guys need some help with my supergoose build, just picked up a set of Motomag wheels off ebay, not arrived yet but the pictures suggest they are in good condition,they are bare at the moment and i want to keep them that way but i want to get them to a high polished condition.

Can some one give me an idea of the process from start to finish and what products to use on these classics. :daumenhoch:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Motomag wheel Restoration need advise
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 09:47 PM »
First, clean the wheels with alloy wheel cleaner ... the stuff you'd use on your car wheels

Then polish them with either Solvol or Peek  :daumenhoch:

Steve

downhill3375

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:48 PM »
hi mate i just polished the edges of mine its hard work but worth it  :daumenhoch:
just work ur way down through the grades of wet and dry ,use it wet  untill ur down to very fine then use wire wool and then polish  ie autosol or somethin similar  ;)
 the main ingrediant is elbow grease  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 09:50 PM »
 :4_17_5:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

zinges83

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Cheers Guys, those mags look great, like the yellow with polished rims, gone for gold parts on my goose that finish would suit did you spray them yourself fully then rub down the rims after .

downhill3375

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 09:59 PM »
no mate i got them sand blasted by a mate then polished the edges  ;) then i masked them off and then sprayed the wheels i figured if ya tried to polish the edges later ya would deffo damage the paint  :knuppel2:
 :daumenhoch:

zinges83

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:05 PM »
Nice job  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: think ill give the polishing a go if i can get the whole wheel looking like those rims i'll be chuffed, should take me about a year i reckon  ;D

cheers mate

downhill3375

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 10:21 PM »
sore fingers and thumbs too  :crazy2:
good luck mate post up some pics when they r done  :daumenhoch:

Coastvl

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 09:32 AM »
By all means go hard on the edges but please don't polish the whole wheel. They never came out polished and they don't look that good done. But thats my opinion.  :angrysoapbox:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Motomag wheel Restoration need advise

gfxgfx
gfx gfx