gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 07:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Barking and Dagenham track update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Barking and Dagenham track update  (Read 3130 times)

Rooonga

Barking and Dagenham track update
« on: July 23, 2005, 09:45 AM »
Hi everyone,

as most of you are aware the work has actually started on the surrounding area of the Dagenham track now. The full works including the track all add up to £200,000.00 believe it or not!!

Also there wasn't a single track builder who wanted to do the job (Any ideas why HUDU?) so a landscaping company is doing the work.

The company is called southern landscapes, and they have built a few tracks in the past, and were referred to the council by British Cycling so they must be pretty good.

I have finally received the actual plans for the track, and I have to say - it's a gooden!

I cant post the pics here yet, as the plans are to be changed a bit. The original had a final rhythm section, but the 6 jumps went in this order - 0.7m, 1.7m,0.5m,1.7m,0.5m,2.0m.

I thought this wouldn't really be a rideable rhythm section, as the second jumps were all around 6 foot high, after 3 foot jumps. I suggested changing this to either all roughly the same size, of a 2 pack of 0.7 followed buy a big 2m camel type jump, followed by a 3 pack of about 0.7m.

Once the design is finalised I will post a pic of it on the site.

I have to say the whole area looks really well set out, and they have allowed for places for the officials to stand, queuing area for the races etc. etc.

for updates visit www.badbmx.co.uk

:D

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Barking and Dagenham track update
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 06:22 PM »
went past there today and showed the missus
me boy is gonna be a rider now ive convinced her its a good thing
so let battle comence
forgot to say boy is there some dirt there and they have a ruff outlay already there

bailee

Re: Barking and Dagenham track update
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 10:13 PM »
this looks like a place for me to ride then

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Barking and Dagenham track update

gfxgfx
gfx gfx