gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 08:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Hutch Trick Star
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hutch Trick Star  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Hutch Trick Star
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:15 AM »
When I lived in London I bought a Hutch trick Star of some kid in the street for 20 pounds, it was a chrome one and wasn't in very good nick as the brake bridge had a crack in it and it needed a restoration job on it to get it back into showroom condition.

We'll me and the wife decided to leave London in mid 2000 and move to Australia and so we packed up and moved out. The thing is we hired a transit van and there wasn't enought room for everything to come with us so I ended up leaving the Trick Star in the basement of our flat in Leytonstone.

Well we didn't last long in Aus as it was too bloody hot so when we moved back to the UK I would haveten think of what happened to my Trick Star. Well this weekend we went up to London to see my wife's brother and I stopped at our old flat to see if it was still there. I didn't really hold out any hope that it was but I thought it was worth just asking.

Well guess what. It was gone. Bugger :LolLolLolLol:

I'd love to think that it eventually found a good home and got restored how it should have been. For all you Trick Star owners out there it was originally chrome with a Hutch Stamped brake bridge with a crack in the upper part of the bridge where the brake hole is. It had original forks as well. I can't quite remember what parts it had on it but I think it had an old blue Tuff-Neck style stem. If anyone did rescue this then let me know so that I can see the pictures, don't worry I don't want it back.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Hutch Trick Star
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:21 AM »
No way dude i found a bike like that when me and my girlfriend moved to london in 2001. I skipped the piece of shit as i thought it was'nt worth anything :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:25 AM »
cnut  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:30 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 07:23 AM »
i wonder if it the one i had that had a new brake bridge put on it when i got it , that come from over east london way but was painted black when i got it . i killed that frame anyway as cracked the top tube on it and as far as i know left it in a house i was renting from so most probably scrap now
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 09:35 AM »
We left for As in Jun '00 so if you got it after that then there's a good chance it could be the same one.  :'(

I'd have loved to think of it being all restored and ticked out with top spec parts.  :)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 02:59 PM »
no this was before then , i think around 91 i beleive 
no1stuntmaster on instagram

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Hutch Trick Star

gfxgfx
gfx gfx