gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 04:58 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  very poor response, usual government bullpoo.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: very poor response, usual government bullpoo.  (Read 1247 times)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
very poor response, usual government bullpoo.
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:10 AM »
2 March 2007

We received a petition asking:

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to allow BMX'ers to ride the London Bridge skate plaza."

Details of petition:

"Currently there is a skate plaza being built near London Bridge by "IA architecture" and designed by some of the skaters behind the "Side Effects Of Urethane" exhibitions. It is being built on land donated by the "Southwark Council" As it stands, BMX'ers ARE NOT allowed to ride this brand new skate plaza that is soon to be opened. The project is being funded by the Art Council. Public money that everyone should have a say what it is used for, or who can use what is built with it. It is donated land and it should be open to everyone, skater, bmx'er, blader's etc. I feel this is extremely unfair that us BMX'ers are being excluded from being able to ride our bikes in legal areas, forcing us to find "spots" on the streets, often getting us in alot of trouble with the police and being seen as a nuisance with the residents. By signing this petition, you agree that you feel the same way, and that you want BMX'ers to be allowed to ride at the skate plaza."

Read the petition
Petitions home page
Read the Government's responseAs you will be aware, the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) operates at arm's length from the Arts Council England (ACE). We set the broad policy objectives for the arts but Government funding for the arts is channelled directly through ACE. Allocation of these funds is a matter for ACE, within broad guidelines, and Ministers do not intervene in individual funding decisions. We have, however, passed your concerns on to the Arts Council.

Arts Council England (opens in new window)
Department for Culture, Media and Sport (opens in new window)

I want to touch ORB

theRuler

Re: very poor response, usual government bullpoo.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:26 AM »
fooking planks of wood on hard wheels shit

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:28 AM »
i always laugh at izaak, he say that roller blading is just walking, but with wheels..
I want to touch ORB

theRuler

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:35 AM »
i always laugh at izaak, he say that roller blading is just walking, but with wheels..

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I just can't see the point in roller blading, it's just an excuse to continuosly fall over and break your wrist, collerbone or graze your self. Pointless.

muttley

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:13 AM »
it's just an excuse to continuosly fall over and break your wrist, collerbone or graze your self. Pointless.

Average Sunday at Hersden then.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 12:09 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Touche

gavking

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Its called fruit booting up here in the north east and all they do isget inthe way.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  very poor response, usual government bullpoo.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx