gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 04:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  share one of your best memories
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: share one of your best memories  (Read 4590 times)

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: share one of your best memories
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 11:13 PM »
for me its me first ever race on a bmx at hersden in 2004
and wondering why i had never done it before
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 09:01 AM »
For me riding over (9 or 10 miles )to East lancs Chorley track, blazing summer day, having a whale of a time ,then one of my mates getting a puncture b4 we set off back and we were about nine miles from home :(
Didn't get back till late, too busy having a laugh still ,too be bothered  :)

1982 and not a care in the world,,,,,Priceless

zed4130

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 09:05 AM »
waking up at nass 02 ,in my tent with my bmx under my leg ,so it dont get nicked   ::)  ,opening a tin of guiness and lighting up my cigar ,and just sitting there waiting for another day of fun  :daumenhoch: now thats breakfast   :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 12:03 PM by zed4130 »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 10:50 AM »
I was about to post a really good and interesting memorable moment, but I cant actually remember much due to advanced and progressive brainiusharikarius, I contracted it years ago, can't remember the date or location though..sorry :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Coastvl

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 11:26 AM »
For me, my best memories are of my mates and I spending all our time together riding somewhere. We were all good riders and had a great time. I wanna go back..... :'(

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2007, 12:57 PM »
buiding our own track behind my mates house on a bit of waste land. we had everything on that track although the straights were tiny. The council flattened it  :'( twice :'( :'( after that we never re-built it. Other than that i remember jumping over loads of people, and i was only 10 and well chuffed when the big lads let me have a go and trusted me enough to lie down on the floor to be possibly crushed by a ten year old on a burner.
ding dong

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 07:21 AM »
lining on the gate for my 1st ever race,37 years young :daumenhoch:

priv

muttley

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Some of the best memories are of what i am doing now  ;)

The Heath in the heat, Hersden and of course MK  :4_17_5:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 02:12 PM »
laughing at the width of radmans changa bars at epic, after rombloke had "adjusted" the grips.
I want to touch ORB

daz bmx it!

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 02:59 PM »
Somewhere down south we raced in an indoor meet in a barn? wooden jumps,earth berms etc,can't remember exactly? (anyone? ???)
Anyway did'nt do that well,but copped this gorgeous bird with big t*ts and she rode around on me cross-bar all day :smitten: :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Somewhere down south we raced in an indoor meet in a barn? wooden jumps,earth berms etc,can't remember exactly? (anyone? ???)
Anyway did'nt do that well,but copped this gorgeous bird with big t*ts and she rode around on me cross-bar all day :smitten: :daumenhoch:
Outwell lodge in Cambridgeshire??
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2007, 03:16 PM »
1985 i was bit of a fast gater  ,then was asked if i would practice gate starts with debbie scott- web to help her in her racing
at ipswich.second corner  we would back of ,but this go i slowed she rammed into me crashing bad   i felt bad.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 03:20 PM »
1985 i was bit of a fast gater  ,then was asked if i would practice gate starts with debbie scott- web to help her in her racing
at ipswich.second corner  we would back of ,but this go i slowed she rammed into me crashing bad   i felt bad.
AND i THOUGHT YOU WAS A NICE BLOKE  >:D  :shocked:  >:D  :shocked:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 03:24 PM »
wasnt my fault   and she had hutch pedals ,one hit my calf, i remember it well. ooooooooo

SaMAlex

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2007, 04:04 PM »

F**k Me! I went to a race at Outwell. It must have been in about 82 or 83. My first race. wooden jumps and flat corners. I think It was a U inside a U track shape so there was 4 straights and 3 corners. I think there were only 3 "jumps". 2 speed wedges and a table top. That was a loooong time ago! I think I came last in every race, maybe second to last in one of them.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 04:06 PM »
racer a alex  best you get your  little diamond in the rough built up then   you no the one.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Could be the one Alex?,out of interest are you a gorgeous bird with big T*ts? ::) :2funny:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 05:20 PM »

F**k Me! I went to a race at Outwell. It must have been in about 82 or 83. My first race. wooden jumps and flat corners. I think It was a U inside a U track shape so there was 4 straights and 3 corners. I think there were only 3 "jumps". 2 speed wedges and a table top. That was a loooong time ago! I think I came last in every race, maybe second to last in one of them.

Reminds me of the Humberside indoor track  :D
  I came last in all my motos in my first 4 race meetings  ;D  Before the year was out i had 4 trophies   :D

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 06:42 PM »
mine has to be riding from the ferry to the isle of white track when i was 15 carrying my tent and all my gear for a weeks camping and racing,and very little money,we lived on bread we liberated from the island bakery in the early hours and coke got the same way from the bars outside store at the equestrian centre where the track was ;D ;D one of the best holidays i have ever had :)
British race frames and race clothing wanted

andy619

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 09:46 PM »
While staying the week at Brian B's house for a king of the skatepark contest I went with him to a photo shoot for Haro.  A few of you may recognise the photo, some may even say it was an "iconic" photo(and no I am not going to define iconic).

polaroid test shot prior to smoke

andy619

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 10:00 PM »
Back in 1986 I went to ride at Carlo Griggs house and stayed the night and next day as well.  I bought some Pringles "crisps" from RAF Croughton and gave them to Carlo.  He absolutely loved them, apparently the UK didn't have pringles yet, he said he ate one everyday until they were all gone.  He mentioned it again when I went to visit him last summer. :coolsmiley:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  share one of your best memories

gfxgfx
gfx gfx