gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 08:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Why did BMX die ????????????????????????????????????????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why did BMX die ????????????????????????????????????????  (Read 4864 times)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
Re: Why did BMX die ????????????????????????????????????????
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2007, 05:07 PM »
for me it was probably......................DRINK ! (in my best irish father Jack tyoe accent !)  :LolLolLolLol:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2007, 05:58 PM »
Im putting it down to fooking mountain bikes :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

LISTEN EVERYBODY IT WAS FOOKING MOUNTAIN BIKES ALRIGHT

Companies pulled the plug on BMX because it wasn't new anymore

And Kids wanted the new bikes MTB's

Companies do what sells !!!

YEAH and MTB 'ers go and talk about em somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:   :tickedoff:

motomagII

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2007, 01:34 PM »
i stopped and my mates because we found beer and birds end of .no cometition when your 14.15 ish

munners

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2007, 01:47 PM »
For me it was the introduction of the ghetto blaster or as we used to call it bitd the 'WOG BOX' (cant really call it that now). It was all about how many Watts ya had or if it had detachable speakers!!!!!!

Mine was a hitachi. The nuts!  I got badly into music and listening to Tim Westwood on Capital radio on a Saturday night. I loved and still love hip hop but only the old 80-early 90's stuff. I wasted thousands and thousands on records and would only buy the US imported versions with the celophaned covers.

I used to love pumping them watts, listening to Roxanne Shante, as my old Skyway TA sat in the garage  on its way to getting rusty........  GUTTED, and it brings back the great memories but at least BMX is back now!! :daumenhoch: Who said it ended...............

spicybob

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2007, 01:58 PM »
Bauer Turbos and street hockey definately killed off bmx round my way.

Everyone I rode with bought a pair and joined a team! Me inclusive.

Just bought a pair off the bay

Im as bad on them as I am on a bmx today!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 02:00 PM by SpicyBob »

noddybeard

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2007, 08:12 PM »
it was entirely down to Drink, Cars, Birds (mainly psyco ones - my ex threathned to sell my bike to which i told her she'd go first!! guess what she DID!!) and Jobs.
Not necessarily in that order tho!!
not sure that mtb, skateboarding, brakedancing or any of the other factors are truly responsible the fault really lies within us all!! bmx died because too many of us allowed ourselves to become sidetracked we lost sight of what compelled us to ride in the first place!! an as a result local an national scenes died out both in racing an freestyle.
The desire to ride miles just to find someone to ride with or somewhere to ride lost its attraction cos you couldnt guarantee there would be a session at the end so gradually we all stopped bothering.
Fortuneately we have now seen the error of our ways an got back on our bikes an by the sound of it traded in wifes/partners/careers who werent supportive for new improved models (i know have i recently broke my collar bone riding an whereas my ex would have killed me my new missus has been spot on!!)
So now we find ourselves at the threshold of a new chapter in bmx i personally plan to keep on riding till i cant physically do it nothing is gonna get in the way (barring injury) an i feel privaleged to have you all along for the journey.
Ride on an this time lets all keep the faith an remember the real reason we do this!!!

selfpreservation

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2007, 01:12 AM »
its down to the rationalization of principals before we discovered women drugs and drink ,bikes were NO1 but as we have become boared/ accustomed to all of the above and they seem  normal, bmx has become vibrant again cause we no longer have to aspire to the goals we had when we were 15 anymore as they are in our past or present now we look on bmx as a time of discovery in the same way as we probably viewed women , drugs, drink BITD

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2007, 01:48 AM »
hehe women, bmx, drink and drugs?

sounds good to me. when do we start?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Why did BMX die ????????????????????????????????????????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx