gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 01:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Streetbeat wheel help? Sumo wheels anyone?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Streetbeat wheel help? Sumo wheels anyone?  (Read 845 times)

muff76

Streetbeat wheel help? Sumo wheels anyone?
« on: March 27, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Just got my raw Street beat frame from the US looking for something a bit different  other than Tuff 2's for the wheels... seen these on E Bay and was wondering  if anyone had any dealings with the wheels? Bike aint be thrashed so not overly worried about the strength? Really just gonna be used from cruising the streets, may pop an endo now and then but that will be about it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20X1-75-BLUE-SUMO-K-T-BURGUNDY-SPOKES-BMX-WHEELS_W0QQitemZ300078947423QQcategoryZ48845QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Streetbeat wheel help? Sumo wheels anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:22 PM »
I ran Sumo's on my beat mate and they were as sweet as mate! i'm nearly 16 stone and pulled a few kickturns and small airial type thingies and the wheels were fine.....even ran round MK with em last year as well......they may be cheaper than arayas but they're just as strong.

what colour are you doing the beat mate?

rarman1

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 09:40 PM »
i like those they look sweet, go for em :daumenhoch:

and dont forget pics when your done :knuppel2:

muff76

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 10:06 PM »
I am thinking of doing it kinda low key white, white EZ bars with blue anodized bits and bobs, renthal layback etc, but as I think about it I dont really know so many colours out there...deffo gonna get me some sumo's then build the bike around the wheels I think... also thinking of doing it black and gold but I tend to think of racing bikes(rippers) look better with this treatment...and what bars would go with that?

Could go complete 80's freestyle and just go nuts with the pastel colours I reckon I am big enough to carry this off even in brighton.

Pea's

I will post some pics as and when I finally get it done....

Anyone else wanna give me suggestions feel free....

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 10:11 PM »
the black and gold sounds great! never seen a beat in those colours........but i'm sure whatever colour you do it in mate you'll love how it rides.....i love mine!  :smitten:

rarman1

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:51 PM »
how about this yum yum

highrisedrifter

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 10:55 PM »
Someone else from Brighton. Excellent.

if you're going with the black / gold look then you may be interested in these Black EZ Bars on Ebay (not mine)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKYWAY-EZ-BARS-old-school-bmx-in-black_W0QQitemZ110105990396QQcategoryZ22679QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HRD

muff76

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 11:39 PM »
There are quite a few of us from Brighton on RAD well I know of at least five others, a couple of younger guys and me and a few mates that remember the old school and try to keep real by occasionly pulling a wheely or something equally as daring...cheers for the heads up on the EZ bars but I have gone with the white beat with blue bits and just ordered a shed load of blue stuff...better that way or I could be faffing about the colour scheme for the rest of the year.

So if you see some confused oldster on a really nice white skyway 85 street beat pootling about gives us a shout....

Pea's

highrisedrifter

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 11:53 PM »
There are quite a few of us from Brighton on RAD well I know of at least five others, a couple of younger guys and me and a few mates that remember the old school and try to keep real by occasionly pulling a wheely or something equally as daring...cheers for the heads up on the EZ bars but I have gone with the white beat with blue bits and just ordered a shed load of blue stuff...better that way or I could be faffing about the colour scheme for the rest of the year.

So if you see some confused oldster on a really nice white skyway 85 street beat pootling about gives us a shout....

Pea's

We should organise a cruise along the seafront at some point. Loads of old school bikes would like great. Get some pics for here too.
Although I would leave it to someone else to organise. By my own admission, I can't organise a piss-up in a brewery.  :crazy2:

Trev

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 02:56 AM »

Pea's

Is one of those 5 dirtyvans rich? i believe he's a brighton boy too...

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 07:53 AM »

[/quote]

Is one of those 5 dirtyvans rich? i believe he's a brighton boy too...
[/quote]

:LolLolLolLol: sounds like one of the bad guys from Life on Mars!  :2funny:  sorry Rich  :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 10:33 AM »
sumos are great wheels mate.

gt0733

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 11:07 PM »
Just got my raw Street beat frame from the US looking for something a bit different  other than Tuff 2's for the wheels... seen these on E Bay and was wondering  if anyone had any dealings with the wheels? Bike aint be thrashed so not overly worried about the strength? Really just gonna be used from cruising the streets, may pop an endo now and then but that will be about it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20X1-75-BLUE-SUMO-K-T-BURGUNDY-SPOKES-BMX-WHEELS_W0QQitemZ300078947423QQcategoryZ48845QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i've bought a few wheelsets and bits off him. a wee bit slower than others but the items are all very good. he throws in a few extras as well which is always nice  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Streetbeat wheel help? Sumo wheels anyone?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx