gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975502 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 03:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Jerry Galley, Say no more
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Jerry Galley, Say no more  (Read 16976 times)

SaMAlex

Jerry Galley, Say no more
« on: April 13, 2007, 03:07 PM »
I thought that Jerry should get his own thread. Anyone got any more pics?

These were taken at the old ramp in Oxford. The "Vert" ramp was under 8ft and under vert.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: Jerry Galley, Say no more
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 03:23 PM »
Hell yeah, I think I've got a couple of bits I can add to that:

The Barn (RIP)

My all-time favourite

Oxford

I've got a load fo video from the barn at home too, I'll do some grabs when I get time. Awesome.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 03:28 PM by Stodgy »

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 03:30 PM »

BTW when we were talking to Mat Hoffman at the Masters, Pete talked about Jerry and Hoffman said that he was one of his favourite riders...enough said really.

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 03:32 PM »
I love the part in one of the Hoffman Videos where its showing footage from the County fair shows. Jerry did some of them for a while and there is a shot of some jump box and vert riding.
ou can just hear over the mic "Jerrrrrrrry Gallllllley!". Its so good.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 03:53 PM »
a memory from leigh-on -sea jerry was riding  the spin/midi ramp over on the far right   
we was on the middle section he did a 6 ft transfer of the corner  into it  mate it was mental.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I love the part in one of the Hoffman Videos where its showing footage from the County fair shows. Jerry did some of them for a while and there is a shot of some jump box and vert riding.
ou can just hear over the mic "Jerrrrrrrry Gallllllley!". Its so good.

Yeah, Jerry was one of the Sprocket Jockey's...the saviours of freestyle!  :)

darkersomeday

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 06:55 PM »
jerry galley pure rocks!  :4_17_5:

mint photo's dude, cheers for posting them

Trev

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 07:19 PM »

Jerry is truly a really gifted rider.  I rode on the same Ceramic Rabbit team as him for a bit.

But even the great Jerry could only get a couple of feet out on my dodgy backyard ramp...  :2funny: 

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 07:21 PM »
boys is jerry still local or riding

Trev

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 07:27 PM »
i believe he still rides, but has been of the scene since the barn ramp burnt down....

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 08:32 PM »
He shacked up with a new girlfriend in London and has taken a little break from riding, but he'll be back on it soon...  :daumenhoch:

teamsano

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 11:13 PM »
i remember him riding vert at one of the bike shows around 2000, when he done a rather large 'loose' 540. the best anyone could hope for would be popping out on the opposite platform, but gerry shot into the sky and busted the best candybar ive ever seen. :LolLolLolLol:

Trev

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 12:05 AM »
does anyone here have contact details for Jerry?  If so could they PM me...  I haven't spoken to him for about 15 years and i'd like to meet up with him again... i'll get him back on his bike... especially as i've now got in touch with Tim Goldie of Ceramic Rabbit fame...

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 12:16 AM »
I think that Jerry called up Quad Pete a few weeks ago. Maybe ask him if he as his number

Trev

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 12:22 AM »
I think that Jerry called up Quad Pete a few weeks ago. Maybe ask him if he as his number

Cheers Alex.  Hopefully Quad Pete will read this and PM me...
I am currently trying to sort out another old school CR drink up.  I think Andy Brown is gonna come down for the next one.
Tim (Ceramic Rabbit) and Andy (Evolution) organised a number of great jams in the early 90's.  It would be good the get them both together again, as I believe neither of them ride anymore.  Let's get the spark going and get em both back on a BMX.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 07:56 PM »
I've seen Jerry ride a few times and it's scary watching him. The angle he re enters the ramp is unbelievable

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 04:49 PM »
Saw him at King of Concrete 99 I think and boy he was pure dead brilliant ;D.

Pic of him made it into Ride BMX at the time, you can see me in the back ground, jaw on the floor :D

rom_kid_04

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 10:46 PM »
jerry rules ... nice guy too

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Very true. Always treats you as if you're a mate, hung out at Spitalfields a couple of times and at various comps in the 90s.
Last saw him at Rom about 7 years ago, was asked if I wanted to go out to Leigh-On-Sea with them. I decided to go back home after the session because that's what I said I'd do, and when I arrived the missus said, "Oh, you should've gone. Bet you would've enjoyed that."
Crap.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 11:35 PM »
got to be honest.
i did'nt have a clue who the fella was when he came and rode with us at one meet we had in redditch with carl westfield.
the place was as slippy as ice and theres this fella going massive.
i thought bloody hell he can ride lol.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 03:12 PM »
First time I met him in the flesh was at my indoor vert ramp back in 94. One of the other co-owners of the ramp turned up (the former owner of Spitalfields) and told me that I had to throw him out..... Apparently, there had been an incident at Spitalfields which this bloke held Jerry responsible for. It was before my time, and I really didn't know who/what to believe, so I stood by my old friend and asked Jerry to leave.

Well, Jerry was cool. He was polite and respectful and went and crashed out in the van for the rest of the afternoon.  I felt terrible.

Now looking back on the whole affair, and the way my old 'friend' has behaved since, I now believe Jerry had nowt to do with any unpleasantry (sp) at Spitalfields and I was wrong to throw him out that day.  Jerry, of course, has remained cool and has never held any grudges toward me concerning that day.  Makes me feel worse about the whole thing, but my opinion of Jerry remains high obviously.

And he was going off on my ramp, airing well into the roof, smooth as you like, usual Jerrystyle.  He was only millimetres away from tyretaping one of the roof beams, which was at least 9ft up and all of 2ft back over the platform.  Blew my mind   :4_17_5:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 04:28 PM »
got to be honest.
i did'nt have a clue who the fella was when he came and rode with us at one meet we had in redditch with carl westfield.
the place was as slippy as ice and theres this fella going massive.
i thought bloody hell he can ride lol.

i remember mr galley saying how cool dordy was ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 03:00 PM »
I sold Jerry my Morris Minor estate for £50. I dont think he got it past the next MOT!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 03:28 PM »

Check out the window sticker...now that's funny.

Are you sure you didn't just nick a random minor at the side of the road? You two look right dodgy; you with your petrol can and Jerry with pink forks...

SaMAlex

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 03:33 PM »
The window sticker was mine ... not that fitting for Jerry tho.

That was out side my flat. I think that bike of Jerrys was a DP firebird freestyler or a skyway ta. He used both those for a while at that time.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Jerry Galley, Say no more

gfxgfx
gfx gfx