gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 12:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  parts average cost
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: parts average cost  (Read 1180 times)

adeshere

parts average cost
« on: October 22, 2005, 11:33 PM »
How about the expected cost for parts, so we dont get ripped off on ebay

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: parts average cost
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 12:55 AM »
Thats a hard one as it depends on how much somebody wants something, if you have lost out a couple of times bidding for an item you might be prepared to bid higher next time, or there may be a lot of people after the same thing which would bid it up high  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:41 PM »
For example,

Say there was a GHP Trix on the bay now, and I wanted it and so did someone else, for example, Subwax.

Now, If i put a max bid in of £300, thats what i think it is worth.

If Subwax puts down £500 that just shows that i have under valued it, but, to me, its still only worth £300.

subwax

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 01:57 PM »
Value is in the eye of the beholder. I have just splashed out alot of cash for a set of SST hubs - most people would choke if they found out how much, but to me its worth it. Similarly, I found out that a certain chromer costs 300, frame 'n forks. I nearly keeled over, but another member here quite regularly uses them, and the results are fantastic. Swings 'n roundabouts.

Is there a difference between value as a collector, and value as a trader. Who controls the perceived "generic" value of a part?

2020mad

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 12:33 PM »
It,s more greed over need.  If you need something badly or how often do you see one of those you just hope nobody else wants it. you will leave it and walk away only to see the same item 6 months later way more expensive. 9 times out of 10 you will buy it, in case you don,t see it again. confussed .............me too.

Kelly

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 10:41 PM »
I dont think you can get ripped off on ebay unless somebody is selling you something that is not described as it should be..

It all depends on how much you are willing to pay for an item, we are dictating the market with our enthusiasm to own a certain peice and I cant see prices going down for the bits we all covet ( mx1000 ect ect) as there is only a certain amount left..

adeshere

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 11:39 PM »
I was thinking more for the new old skool buyer. When i started to look for a blue seat i thought they were mega rare and paid about £20 for one. now recently there seems to be loads for about £5. A guide price would be good. i.e. how much do redline cranks nromally go for etc

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  parts average cost

gfxgfx
gfx gfx