gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 16, 2024, 08:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ultrasonic cleaner - anyone ever used one?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ultrasonic cleaner - anyone ever used one?  (Read 2239 times)

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Ultrasonic cleaner - anyone ever used one?
« on: April 26, 2007, 08:37 AM »
Found this on the net and was wondering if anyone had experience of using one. Was thinking of using it for cleaning some of the smaller bike parts?

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp'sku=SA0193067

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Ultrasonic cleaner - anyone ever used one?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:52 AM »
Well that's what I thought. Perfect for cleaning all those small parts that we all hate doing. Think I will invest in one of these for the sake of £20!  ;)

2020mad

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Great for cleaning carbs and other small machinery bits.

highrisedrifter

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 04:27 PM »
Well that's what I thought. Perfect for cleaning all those small parts that we all hate doing. Think I will invest in one of these for the sake of £20!  ;)

Let us know how good it is. Might be interested in getting one myself if they are any good.

Cheers

HRD

2020mad

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 04:48 PM »
Great price :daumenhoch:

macmark

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 05:06 PM »
My brother in law is a jeweller and uses one of those to clean his work before the final polish. I'm sure he puts something other than just plain water in it to get things extra clean and shiny. I'll give him a bell and find out what it is he uses.

Mark

bof

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Yes you need to add plenty of washing up liquid or some matey bubble bath, come back in half an hour and you will piss your side, fooking foam everywhere, not that I have tried it or anything . Wasnt me boss I swear :LolLolLolLol:

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 10:15 AM »
Would not bet on too much quality at this price... but maybe worth a try.
The better ones have a timer and intensity setting.
It's nice to let it work alone as the "buzzz" will drill your ears within ten minutes !

You'll get better resuts filling the tank with hot water (altough it will heat a bit during use),
then put a glass that contains acetone or trichlorethylen and drop your parts in it.
Do not mix ot all together !
You'll understand it's nice to have a tank as large as possible when using this method.

Macmark, it's to use AFTER polishing  ;)

Geordie

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 11:28 PM »
i use them at work to fix mobile phone pcb's that have been water damaged. different ones have different uses jewellery cleaning etc, i dont know if they will be much use for cleaning parts...

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 07:25 AM »
Well I ordered one yesterday, so will let people know how it fairs. If it ain't up to much I can always just use it to clean my pants!  ;D

Offline dirtskirt

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 06:31 PM »
How did this work out in the end ?

Also thinking about buying one but mainly for chains on my roadies and mtb as I’ve started to hot wax them  now-  https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0'mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112545161335

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ultrasonic cleaner - anyone ever used one?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx