gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 04:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Koolstyler decals wanted
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Koolstyler decals wanted  (Read 5550 times)

darkslider

Koolstyler decals wanted
« on: October 29, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Haro everybody (thats chinese bmx for hello)Where can I get some graphics for an Ammaco Koolstyler and what colour options are/were there. Bikes currently white? Mivvi's old un. It hasn't arrived yet but is going to be either S E Racing baby blue, pastel yellow or pale mint green. What does anyone think my choices are more or less in order of preference.This is before I see it in metal.

ash

Re: Koolstyler decals wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 08:18 PM »
was this one in the adtrader or on the adtrader site i was thinking about getting it myself but i've got too many things on the go at the mo
i think is was in south Wales ;)

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 08:58 PM »
kool bike i just bought one a couple of weeks ago,its  stock as a rock just as it left the factory, mine has met/pearl white frame with black ogks i am also looking for decal set as i will need to respray mine as it has a few scratches .let me know if you track down decals as i need a set to , if there not avaliable i know a good decal shop who might be able to remake them.
British race frames and race clothing wanted

darkslider

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Got a foty of it I'm sure when everyone comes back from bones someone will know. Need a sticker to scan don't you to make decals? I don't know if it was on adtrader but it came from Mid Glamorgan off Mivvi on here.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 09:14 PM by darkslider »

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 07:43 PM »
will try and post some pics of mine when i can work out how to, you are right about  decals they will have to be scanned to repro them ,when i get around to painting mine i will try local company who did decals on my pro class as  they did a great job has your frame got complete sticker set?

darkslider

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 11:01 PM »
Its got a scratched fullset on frame. My bike is  has been hand painted and is white + stickers are black. There are the obvious "KOOLSTYLER "with the outline around it on downtubes. It has the "BMX" with "ammaco" underneath  on headtube. On the seat tube it has "BMX" from the X is a laurel wreath. Inside the wreath it says "UK CHAMPION ammaco FACTORY TEAM " then right underneath  laurel it says "1981 1982 1983". Lower down above bottom bracket it says "ammaco B.S.6102/1" that is in an oval with two lines through it. I've got the remains of one fork decal that says "ammaco".   I've not got a digital camera to hand so hence description. Capitals are as stickered on the bike. Seems odd putting a trade name in small letters as you'd think they would want it to stand out more. Hope this helps and if you've got same as me I'd be interested in a set.

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 05:49 PM »
the description sounds the same as mine if you are in no rush for them i will see my sticker shop and see how much they want for a couple of sets ,once i get the time to do it!!!!!!!!!!

darkslider

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Nice one let us know price when you know. Heres a pic of a Freestyle from 84. Looking at prices from 85 mag white Koolstyler wiv mags £163/£173 in chrome, white wire's £133/£143 chrome. Other models listed were Freestyle King £170, Freestyle Ace £190 and Freestyle Pro £230. Have you got padset for yours?

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 03:53 PM »
kool pics ,my bike came complete with original pads in grey and black with minor shelf ware if you hear of any nos sets for sale let me know cheers phil

darkslider

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 02:55 AM »
Hey Phil got your pm does this mean you've now got a new set of pads from Vert Ego. And you've a no longer loved orphan set going cheap.  I've no pads and have lost my job and my mortgage covers not kicked in yet so can't afford £25 for a new set. :'(

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 10:13 AM »
no sorry vertego only has blue sets im looking for a grey and black set if i get a nos set i will give you first dib dobs on my set  :)

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 01:43 PM »
I think I have a few NOS ammaco pad sets.

I know where to get decals too ;)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 02:29 PM »
I want to touch ORB

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 08:48 PM »
hi orb im looking for nos grey and black pad set (freestyler) if you have a set and want to sell just mail me cheers sawzall

darkslider

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 12:38 AM »
They're not like the ones on your styler 500 mine are all black and different to those. I'll take pics tommorrow and post. I rang Ammaco and they don't sell any decals and weren't interested anyway. What year is your Styler as I'm thinking Koolstyler is an 84 model see earlier post with range details and reference to downtube sticker 81,82,83 UK champions.

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 11:27 AM »
Kool Styyler is 84, they are the same frame and fork as:

- Freestyle King
- Freestyle Ace
- Freestyle Pro

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 09:21 PM »
IMG]
Finally got 'round to posting pics of my koolstyler i recently bought it from a local bike shop its 100% stock will just need repaint due to some minor scratches and new decals

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 09:31 PM »
Coopers?

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 10:00 PM »
right again that man  ;)

darkslider

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Arrr bugger just broke my usb mouse so gone back to analogue. I'd borrowed mates digi cam. Was trying to take pics before but flash is too bright .So will put mine on tommorow same stickers as mine and colour. When you turn left does brake arm hit downtube? Wish mine looked that sweet but its gonna be a daily ride anyhow.

darkslider

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 01:21 AM »
Right as promised here it is.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Koolstyler decals wanted

gfxgfx
gfx gfx