gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 01:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Robinson frame
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Robinson frame  (Read 921 times)

andy619

Robinson frame
« on: May 22, 2007, 05:07 PM »
Het guys, I found a Robinson frame that I am thinking of buying.  attached are some pics but I have a few questions.  The serial number is 12881165  P, is this an 88 frame.  If it is would it be made by Robinson or did another company (GT) make those frames by then.  My very first bmx bike was a Robinson in 82 but it didn't have the welded emblem on the seat tube "made in the usa" near the BB.  The guy also has another Robinson frame 88 that does not have the welded emblem, he thinks that one is a taiwan made?  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks Andy.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Robinson frame
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 05:12 PM »
i wonder if alans in wigan would be able to help you out.
might be worth an email to alan.
he was mr robinson over here if i remember right.
looks like a later type frame to me.
dave the bmxing gypo

downhill3375

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 05:37 PM »
alan woods is the man to ask like dordy said  ;) but looks like a 90's frame to me that  :daumenhoch:

daz bmx it!

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 06:30 PM »
89  ;)

andy619

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Thanks for leading me in the right direction guys.  I did find out that it is an 89 manufactured in Dec 88.  Do you think $50 is too much for the frame fork and 1 piece cranks with the original ring gear plate?

Sean 2000

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 06:53 PM »
I would be wary of that seatpost! They have a tendency to be rusted in on old Frames. Why has he not removed it like everything else?????

Not trying to be a scaremunger or anything, but i recently nearly got hold of a Haro sport with exactly that problem. :'(

Sean. :daumenhoch:

andy619

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 07:21 PM »
I would be wary of that seatpost! They have a tendency to be rusted in on old Frames. Why has he not removed it like everything else?????

Not trying to be a scaremunger or anything, but i recently nearly got hold of a Haro sport with exactly that problem. :'(

Sean. :daumenhoch:

thanks for the advice Sean, I will make sure the seat post will come out ok before I buy it. :daumenhoch:
Thanks for leading me in the right direction guys.  I did find out that it is an 89 manufactured in Dec 88.  Do you think $50 is too much for the frame fork and 1 piece cranks with the original ring gear plate?

Hell no Andy thats about £25 .00 so buy it fast.
I can take my time with this guy, he is my fire sprinkler foreman on my construction site, I automatically get first dib dobs on anything he finds.  I'm going to ask him to put on front and rear mx 1000's on it as well for $50.  He's looking for an 84 performer for me and an 84 sport.  He got as close as an 87 performer and an 88 sport.  The only reason that I'm interested in the robinson is because it was my first bmx bike ever.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Robinson frame

gfxgfx
gfx gfx