gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 07:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Torker Built Haro Pictures
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Torker Built Haro Pictures  (Read 101317 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Torker Built Haro Pictures
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 03:09 PM »
another wow for today  thats sweeeeet mark   you kept that quiet   ;)

YGT

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Thanks Dan,
to tell you the truth this sits in my closet with all my other "must have" bits .....
I havent really looked at it for a while, and have the memory like a goldfish so its nice to come back and get a nostalgia flash every once in a while :)

Mark

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 03:31 PM »
thanks for sharing it with us all   :)

YGT

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 04:05 PM »
I just wonder what if : tvv 821f means its a january 1983?
After reading the other serial thread I wonder if that would make it a first gen freestyler or a second gen freestyler LOL

either way, it would be interesting to see.
In one sense I would hope it was a first gen (last produced) and on the other hand if it appeared to be a 2nd gen but very first produced it would also be kinda exciting.

fingers crossed

greentoad

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 06:02 PM »
Sweet Pictures TJ, what a clean Freestyler.  :4_17_5:

About Time YGT ;) - I've been wanting to get a look at your ride for years as it will identify the crossover between Gen 1 and Gen 2.

As you know, I have been asking you for pictures for months, so cheers for showing it.

Can you please take a picture of under the gusset.

If I remember correctly, yours is the oldest bike known to exist in the UK (are you in UK?) - (and if a Gen 2 Freestyler is the oldest in the World). Can you also please take a picture of the serial (I have it down as UU not VV).

I would also be very grateful if any of you could send me other information that you have, such as - damage, condition, history, original chrome, original decals, previous owners, where and when purchased, etc etc - plus also some more pictures (including previous condition, back in the day, pre - resto etc etc).

You can send data to - haro@greentoad.co.uk

Thanks

J.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 06:14 PM by greentoad »

greentoad

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 06:10 PM »
Hi TJ

I was just putting your Serial in the Registry, and there is build 2009 in the US. Could you please reply with all the history you know of your Haro.

By the way - August 1983.

Thanks

J.

I thought I would dig up my "virgin" Haro Freestyler...clean it up a little and take a few pics. 100% original, never had a BB cup or headset fitted. Serial number T002008 F. You can thank Dave Young for inspiring me to do this! Cheers

YGT

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 06:12 PM »
sure no problem , you will need to give me a day or 2 again and i will pop off down to the office and take some more pics.

thanks

mark

greentoad

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 06:37 PM »
We now have 414 pictures - it is getting better each month -

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z96/Haro_Registry/

J.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:02 PM by greentoad »

YGT

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 07:22 PM »

I would also be very grateful if any of you could send me other information that you have, such as - damage, condition, history, original chrome, original decals, previous owners, where and when purchased, etc etc - plus also some more pictures (including previous condition, back in the day, pre - resto etc etc).

I will answer these questions now while i remeber.
Damage : none really, just used.
Condition : structurly sound with worn chrome finish.
History : no idea ... got it off a bloke on vntagebmx some time ago, I believe a poster from scotland called graem ? may remember.
OG chrome : I believe so
OG decals : not sure, could be as they are rather tatty and peeling up in places.
Year purchased : arround the winter time of 2002 i believe.

YGT

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 09:44 PM »
just double checked (went to the office this evening) and its defnatly TVV821F.
I also took pictures and will send them in the morning.

Mark

YGT

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 10:21 PM »
here are all the pics I took, remeber these pics need to be downloaded as otherwise they disappear from the server i uploaded them 2.

http://www.mediafire.com/'sharekey=ea79eac8a8fe4e73e26b141119a8bc941d8b6a5acfc7e90a

T Jenkins

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 06:42 AM »
I bought the bike from a shop in some small town the Northwest, I can't remember where but just North of Liverpool and no it wasn't Southport Andy! Probably been around 1990 way after the "sell by" date what all the new products on the market. At the time I was in there talking "bikes" with the owner who had it downstairs in the original box, he said no one was interested in it. He knew my background and that I rode for Haro and said he would sell it to me for what he paid for it from Shiner the distributor. I actually left the shop without buying it! Probably a few weeks later it hit me OMFG so I went back and bought it. A few years later I left for America, I had left it in on top of the wardrobe at my mum’s house where it was warm and dry. Away I found out she stuck it in the attic, all I was thinking was this beautiful frame covered in rust now…thankfully it wasn’t so I brought it back to the States with me. I actually was talking with Bob Haro not so long ago about these bikes. Surprisingly he doesn't have any at all, said that after every trip/tour he did he would either sell his bike or give it away as he didn't want to struggle carrying it on a plane!

TJ

Hi TJ

I was just putting your Serial in the Registry, and there is build 2009 in the US. Could you please reply with all the history you know of your Haro.

By the way - August 1983.

Thanks

J.

I thought I would dig up my "virgin" Haro Freestyler...clean it up a little and take a few pics. 100% original, never had a BB cup or headset fitted. Serial number T002008 F. You can thank Dave Young for inspiring me to do this! Cheers

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Terry that has to be the best original example Gen1 about ,stunning.
I was told the same thing about Bob Haro ,but i do know he is having a Gen1 built up right now for himself after his visit to Rockford.
Thanks for posting those pics.......

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 07:00 PM »
very, very,....nope.....

fooking lovely

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 08:31 PM »
Yeah thanks for posting the pics TJ, didn't think such an holy grail still existed in this world.
That is just plain sick !!!!

toooldforthis

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 08:15 PM »
Dodgy build by a dodgy geezer  ::)

TT QQ 1462 F  totally original frame from the states and the forks from wales, don't know the year of manufacture though, need to get some better pics sorted...

Tolly

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2008, 07:40 PM »
Here's my 1982 (TXX) Haro Freestyler that is featured in the book Freestyle Moves.
No rechroming but the fork and headtube stickers were replaced.

More can be found out about it, click here!

Raced Torkers since 1978 and always dabbled in "trick" riding.  When I heard that Torker was making the first ever Freestyle frame and fork I had to order one at our shop.  That year I started my own trick team and have been Freestylin' ever since.

Took me a little coaxing to get Bob out to talk to all at the Rockford Vintage Bike gathering but he had a wonderful time sharing his past and present with us!

Tolly

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Here's the 1983 Haro Freestyler featured on the cover of BMX Plus!

This is my second Freestyler I bought in 1983 and picked one up for my buddy Rick too!  This is all original and was signed by Bob and Ron Wilton in 1983.  This is original except I did replace the headtube and fork stickers though.

Everything is exact and more can be found out by clicking here!

I spent so much time on my Freestyler!  Of all my bikes it was my favorite of the Haros I rode.  It's been great to first meet Bob in 1981 and after 27 years things are as gnarly as ever!

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Awsome builds Tolly ,very impressive.............

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2008, 08:03 PM »
wicked life line tolly ,great to have you aboard  impressed   :daumenhoch:

dini069

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2008, 06:38 AM »
hd a 88 sport torker built sos na pics
we were too busy ridin
the "Dave Clark had 5"
we all broke them and dave being a fabricator would weld them up
spesliy the seat tube top tube plate
quarter inch stainless worked better
my fst  broke minutes befofore going to ride worcester vert down tube snapped
rode a dp glyn lewis
sweet changeged the frame on the wy down from burton on trent
was fun
oh!! the old days and the dave clark 5 and dodgy 6 foot high quarters that rocked back and forth
won champ of champs @ alferton C group in 88/89 was the bees balls
will try and find some old school pics @ ma mums
on the bsd vid with a mullet @ south bank
DOH!!!!

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2008, 08:53 PM »

tss1235f.....

dan harris's old survivor...not any more.....

Dave

haro, how do you do

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Sweet that Dave.....made a fine job of that me old and I'm loving those Bottema forks, man I wish I had some.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

chromey

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2008, 09:54 PM »
Add me to the Registry List for a 2nd Gen Freestyler
Serial: TKK 5052 F

Located in Philadelphia PA USA.

munners

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 09:58 PM »
that is spotless :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Torker Built Haro Pictures

gfxgfx
gfx gfx