gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975495 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 09:53 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  400 Spindle lock nuts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 400 Spindle lock nuts  (Read 809 times)

Frosty

400 Spindle lock nuts
« on: July 25, 2005, 10:21 AM »
I have been trying to source some locknuts for a spindle I have but to no avail. Someone had told me that they are an M20 nut - this they definately are not!

Anyway, I went to a local engineer to get his thoughts, and I'll try to convey what he told me in the hope that someone will have some ideas on how to lay my hands on some.

The spindle diameter is 19mm or very close to 3/4". The thread size is a metric fine 1mm, but if imperial size then it is either 25 or 26 thread but with the metric pitch of 60 degrees as opposed to the imperial pitch of 57 (I think that is the right way round).

He knows it is definately not a standard size for cycle applications and could not think of an application that may use this size, marine, plumbing?? 

So the long shot seems to be there may be a US tap set available (as these were originally made for the US market ie Redline) at 3/4", but with the metric pitch??? Or if they were originally made in metric sizes then I would need to search the other side of the world in Japan for a 19mm metric fine tap, which in the engineers mind is likely to be a custom size?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Apart from the general shortage of spindles, I'm sure there must be a shortage of locknuts also!

Regards

Paul

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 400 Spindle lock nuts
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 03:00 PM »
i havent got any

matt

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 06:11 PM »
biaggio sells em   ;)

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 09:27 PM »
Cheers Matt,

I got some a while ago. Tis a v.old meaage.

Paul

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  400 Spindle lock nuts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx