gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 06:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Proline II
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline Proline II  (Read 109418 times)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Redline Proline II
« Reply #575 on: November 07, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Worth a bump
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

b45t4rd

« Reply #576 on: November 07, 2011, 06:40 PM »

Offline Coupes

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2017, 12:08 PM »
Stumbled across this thread and love a Proline also anything Redline. Got back into BMX about 3 years ago and searched ebay to see if anything was for sale. Found a 94 PL and bought it but really hankerd for something 70s. Something would turn up and out bid last minute lol. No big deal. A 79-80 PL then stumbled into my possession via Holland. Few other Redlines to.
One night last year on the FB Redline Appreciation site a picture of a 77 non gusset Proline appeared and my attention was up lol.
Contacted the seller and asked a bunch of questions, did some reaserch on it and the seller. All came back all ok. A friend knew the seller so wasn't a wind up. Both agreed on a price and trigger pulled, then the wait and worry sets in lol.
11 days wait and sleepless nights it had arrived in the UK. The postman nearly got a kiss, nearly! 😂
Customs to pay and collected from the depot I was a mix of exited and nervous. Got home and made a cuppa and opened the really well packed box. All as described and beautiful!!! Had to keep pinching myself that it was here.

Chip at C4 Labs was responsible for the restoration. It had been powdercoated red and a weird gusset added to it at some point. He cut the gusset out and checked it for strength. Powdered it white, should be painted and might put it back to paint. It had the wrong decals on it so new decals made by Delcals.

Serial number 06598 is one of 8 known to survive at the moment. 2 more have turned up and under 50 made originally.

Hope you like. Great thread!!!

Simon.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:10 PM by Coupes »
I'd rather eat worms than ride a sears BMX.

Offline Coupes

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2017, 12:12 PM »
Hope to have it up at MK17 so see you there dudes 😎👍

griff

« Reply #579 on: July 30, 2017, 05:06 PM »
Now that's what I call a  :bump:

Nice work  :daumenhoch:

Offline Coupes

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #580 on: July 30, 2017, 11:29 PM »
Thought it needed a liven up Griff 😁👍🍻

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Proline II

gfxgfx
gfx gfx