gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 04:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bike ID please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bike ID please  (Read 548 times)

NYSoul

Bike ID please
« on: September 03, 2007, 03:31 PM »
Anyone know what this is? A woman I work with came in with a few pics on her phone, you can't really see much in the other shots. Does someone know what this gusset is?   :-\

Cheers  :daumenhoch:   

SaMAlex

Re: Bike ID please
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Its a BH California!!! Avalable in red or yellow, everything on it is non standard size so you cant upgrade a thing!

Get in there!!!!!!!!! :4_17_5:

(I think it is anyway!)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 03:46 PM »
ask alex lol hes getting better   fell onto your lap that one alex   :4_17_5:

NYSoul

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 03:51 PM »

Thanks for that  :daumenhoch:

Got any more info?  Is it worth going to get?  She says her old man brought it back for her brother when he worked on the QE2 and that he never really used it. She said she rode it for a bit when she had a paper round but other than that it has sat in the garage.

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 03:54 PM »
My big riding buddy of the early 80s had one. the forks were crap and bent so he got new ones. The old stem didnt fit in them so he had to get a new stem. Then, the frame head tube was too long for the new forks and we had to cut a few mm off the top and bottom of the tube, and finally the new headset he got didnt fit the frame!!!!

Great bike ... as long as you dont wanna change anything on it. haha. I dont recon on it being worth much. Get some more pics and I will see if my mate wants it. It does look like its in good condition, but still along way of a collectable bike, Id say.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bike ID please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx