gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 02:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  crank chainset help needed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: crank chainset help needed  (Read 1296 times)

motomagII

crank chainset help needed
« on: November 21, 2005, 09:47 PM »
right guys got a gt 3 piece off here 180 arms nice .anyways they are gouing on my se bronce as it only has 1 piece .my question is it has 16t freewheels and 180 arms what chainwheel do i need .smaller better but how small can i go without loosing pedal power please cheers rgeg

weston

Re: crank chainset help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 10:09 PM »
you can get away with 40/16 gearing but after that your talking flatland gearing... stick to 44/16.... best gearing you could ride..  :knuppel2:

sam hudson

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 10:19 PM »
I agree,even if it does look (apparently) like a 'Dinner Plate' and 'Has no place in modern BMX'.
I'm stirring now cos someone wrote that and it made me mad...then i realised that there is no reason to get upset over a chainwheel  :Aresehole:  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

motomagII

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 10:32 PM »
was just thinking it was rather large and a smaller one would not get in the way as much in park

weston

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 05:32 PM »
ive never had no problem riding 44/16 gearing & nobody else has in the past 25yrs. only over the past couple of years have they started to make them smaller to shave off a few pounds...

motomagII

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 05:34 PM »
okay mate thanks for the info .ps do you still have a chainring i can use for my 3 piece gt cranks ?greg

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 07:09 PM »
if you want to ride parks you're better off going a little smaller as they hit on the coping when you ride in. For racing and jumping 44 is fine.

weston

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 10:20 PM »
no offence but i have never hit mine on the coping dropping in & have watched all the pro's over the years & never saw one persons hit, i got a nice chainring if you want it, just needs a clean, i'll drop it off this week..

Andy

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 10:47 PM »
I agree,even if it does look (apparently) like a 'Dinner Plate' and 'Has no place in modern BMX'.
I'm stirring now cos someone wrote that and it made me mad...then i realised that there is no reason to get upset over a chainwheel  :Aresehole:  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Whoever wrote that sounds like a giant a$$hole, :2funny: dont get mad about it though mate lol

andy

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 11:09 PM »
you're talking about people that know what they're doing West', i was always hitting with 44t  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  crank chainset help needed

gfxgfx
gfx gfx