gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 10:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  BITD pictures of old school Radness!!!  |  Old Pics from BITD - The BMX History of the Ramp Rat
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Pics from BITD - The BMX History of the Ramp Rat  (Read 74822 times)

Trev

Re: Old Pics from BITD - The BMX History of the Ramp Rat
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 07:58 PM »
ZOID!

Zoid was at Pepi's funeral last week...

rosscoe

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 08:21 PM »
Rosscoe - those are your feet? Nice to meet you.   :)

Damon, are you aware of who Rosscoe is?  ;D

not sure myself sometimes!!!!

piccy from pg23 of ABMX, April 86!!!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Cheers Damon - awesome pictures dude, love the one on the Vincent Ramp, that was a killer of a ramp and not many other than Pepi could ride it that well - respect mate!

Slightly dissapointed you had a Blue Grifter and wore black Docs though, everyone knows Red Grifters were faster and Ox Blood Docs were harder  ;D

Thanks for putting them up mate, much appreciated!

Speak to you soon.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

teamsano

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 12:40 PM »
those pics are all great, was that the same bell full face right across the years?

mattnice

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 03:12 PM »
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: brill, when u guys were doing all that in chingford, i bet david beckham was on that park practising free kicks with father ted :daumenhoch:

he was.i think im the only person from chingford who was never in the background,i think i was always skinning up  :D

Ramp Rat

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 03:04 AM »
those pics are all great, was that the same bell full face right across the years?

Yep - that's a mini Bell Moto 3, I still have it round my mums house, great lid. I was a big Fiola fan and always loved early pics of Fiola in a Bell 3.

gossa

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 11:10 PM »
Damon, no way mate, haven't seen or heard of you for like twenty years, hope you remember me!

Can't beleive you didn't post a pic of 'crazy legs' from Rom though mate!!

Clive Gosling

Ramp Rat

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 06:05 PM »
hey Clive - good to hear from you, yeah, I remember you. I wish I had some pics of Steve Baldry jumping out the performance bowl. Are you still racing?

Take care mate - Damon

welsh denny

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 06:53 PM »
watch this i posted up then....................

DIVOT1

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 09:07 PM »
quality pics    :4_17_5:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 09:13 PM »
Quality pics Damon, and a great thread  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

gossa

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 09:55 PM »
hey Clive - good to hear from you, yeah, I remember you. I wish I had some pics of Steve Baldry jumping out the performance bowl. Are you still racing?

Take care mate - Damon

I quit racing mid nineties and raced mountain bikes for quite a few years just for a change of scenary after the race scene got all political.  I've had a bike still all these years but haven't been that into it even though I have a bike shop, but i've recenlty got mini and junior rippers for my kids and we've been going down the track so i've got teh bug again!  Great to hear from you mate, have you still got your Ninja Scooter?  I've not got my Ninja F1 bike but i've got my lycra suit!  Man that guy used to pay us a fortune to do all that crap! 

gossa

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 09:57 PM »

/>

Couldn't see him in the vid but i sensed Pete Hawkins mincing to the B52's behind a ramp somewhere!!!!.................

Ramp Rat

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 11:46 PM »

/>

Welsh Denny - thank man!! Always wanted to be on Youtube...that is great to watch...the scary thing is that I can not remember any of it, it's like watching someone else. Very bizarre feeling.  Aceeeeeed  :)

Ramp Rat

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 11:54 PM »

[/quote]

have you still got your Ninja Scooter?  I've not got my Ninja F1 bike but i've got my lycra suit!  Man that guy used to pay us a fortune to do all that crap! 
[/quote]

No, no scooter or F1 - lost those years ago...that was a fun times though...I remember racing round that track and you lot blew me away, I was so beat up. well funny. Got to get that TV clip on youtube.

gossa

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2007, 12:17 AM »

have you still got your Ninja Scooter?  I've not got my Ninja F1 bike but i've got my lycra suit!  Man that guy used to pay us a fortune to do all that crap! 
[/quote]

No, no scooter or F1 - lost those years ago...that was a fun times though...I remember racing round that track and you lot blew me away, I was so beat up. well funny.

[/quote]

Happy days mate, happy days..............

ralphtribe

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2007, 11:02 PM »
Totally top pics Damon - you were totally amazing mate - I was such a twat to get out of it before Chingford as those shots always just blow me away - you, Tony, Jason, etc - I remember them from RAD and looking at them and feeling depressed cos I was out of it (made me go get a skateboard so it wasn't so bad in the end) - also the fact that it became a hot underground sport and meant you guys got free tickets to Delerium etc was even more fooking annoying ha ha

pleased and amazed to see that one of me up there as I actually remember it now but I never kept any of that session - have you got any more of any of us? if so please send to ralph.tribe@hotmail.co.uk so I can prove to my kids that I used to have some mates and be somebody ha ha ha -  I'm going to try and dig mine out now....

someone was asking for a picture of Steve's legs - well you're in luck - Steve and his massive legs are in the background on one of the Rom shots

cheers

Ralph

Ramp Rat

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 05:33 PM »

Hey Ralph - great to hear from you. I'd love to see what pics you did up from that era. I'll see if Tony has any pics too. Do you still have those mini video's we made at the skateboard ramp and Nonsuch Park? Great times man!
You're still the Guru of the gang.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2007, 02:43 PM »
great thread Damon, of course the pics are top notch ;) oh except the kid sat on his bed :D

LOWLIFE

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2007, 07:34 PM »
Some real cool pics there Damon, who was the bog Rat? Was it you or fraiser campbell ?

What ever happened to mud machine/M:ZONE??

Ramp Rat

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2008, 05:35 PM »
lowlife - I was the bog rat, I think Nick Phillips or Jess Dynoforce came up with that one - Dave Burrows is out in LA, California working in the clothing business.

LOWLIFE

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2008, 06:43 AM »
ha, lifes a beach....

rosscoe

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2008, 07:26 PM »
wasnt it a sandpit???

Ramp Rat

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2008, 01:49 AM »
  a touch of romance anyone ???

sorry everyone inside joke, damon,ll get it ... (tony mac logging in on damons account cause i cant be arsed to open my own).

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2008, 10:40 PM »
RAMP RAT.....HOW GOES IT MATE? ....LONG TIME NO SEE....IT"S DARREN WOOD HERE MATE HOPE YOUR WELL GIVE ME A PM MATE STILL SEE FRAIZER AND CRAIG QUITE A  LOT GOT A GREAT VIDEO OF ALL THE RALEIGH TEAM AT BRUM WHEELS FROM ITV .......REGARDS WOODY :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  BITD pictures of old school Radness!!!  |  Old Pics from BITD - The BMX History of the Ramp Rat

gfxgfx
gfx gfx