gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 01:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Wilkerson's Kellogs Haro Sport - help with parts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Wilkerson's Kellogs Haro Sport - help with parts  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
Wilkerson's Kellogs Haro Sport - help with parts
« on: October 11, 2007, 08:24 AM »
Can anyone help me compile a list of parts Ron Wilkerson had on his Haro Sport that he used to win the Kellogs Freestyle comp?
Pics etc would be great.

kirk

Re: Wilkerson's Kellogs Haro Sport - help with parts
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 08:53 AM »
401`s White OGK wheels, Forklifter Bars/stem, hmm Green haro tyres, i have a replica of this bike in my loft as I rode bitd after seeing Mr Wilkerson at the kellogs, but I used Tuffs, i liked the colours he used. the kellogs is on youtube but its difficult to catch the exact parts.

mark 2

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:56 AM »
Voila Del, It's hard to make out the components, other than forklifter bars (not the stem though, looks like a tuf neck on cover pic but maybe not in other one) flights and chainwheel, ogk's, mks graphite x pedals,  MX1000 on rear, a tech 5 or 6 type of lever (looks like one of each), haro powerglide cable on rear, dominator seat perhaps....

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Does anyone have a bike pump for my Campbell Kellogs Prolite build?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 12:12 PM »
I was thinking of building this, I thought they were Peregrine's, but after looking again they are OGKs with a coaster, but there very close.

Iv got a copy of the Kellogs on DVD I will have a look when Im home, Im also sure its not a forklifter stem, but they are forklifter bars., 401s. MKs Grafite's...

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Thanks fella's.. wasn't Wilkerson sponsored by DK in his Haro days? so its possible he had a DK stem.
Looks like I need a few bits! I just won some white Peregrines on ebay (about time!) which i thought would be one of the hardest parts to find, freewheel will have to do!

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 12:17 PM »
I think that was when he was using a "sly fox" seat clamp. That clamp that ended up being is lucky clamp and then got lost in the SD bay when he jumped his bike in the sea.

He got given the clamp by the guy in the UK who made them and he used it for ages. I know where there are a couple of them ... but they aint for sale, sorry.

Bonus points for "what did the Sly Fox dude go on to do"? ($$He made millions with it too$$)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 12:25 PM »
I was watching those Peregrine's  ;)

It could have been a DK stem, I was looking through a 1984 mag the other night & DK stems were out in 84  :shocked: I thought they were a lot later than that  ???

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 12:30 PM »
I suprised I won those Peregrines actually, I lost out on a black set the other week

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 02:38 PM »
I got a Nos White Coaster set the other week  :)

Trev

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 02:44 PM »
I was thinking of building this, I thought they were Peregrine's, but after looking again they are OGKs with a coaster, but there very close.

i always thought that RonW rode with Peregrines...  He originally rode with white, then switched to yellow.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 08:28 PM »
I think that was when he was using a "sly fox" seat clamp. That clamp that ended up being is lucky clamp and then got lost in the SD bay when he jumped his bike in the sea.

He got given the clamp by the guy in the UK who made them and he used it for ages. I know where there are a couple of them ... but they aint for sale, sorry.

Bonus points for "what did the Sly Fox dude go on to do"? ($$He made millions with it too$$)

I know nothing !  ;) ( from an ex Sly Fox factory rider  8)  ;D )

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Wilkerson's Kellogs Haro Sport - help with parts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx