gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 12:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  new boy needs help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new boy needs help  (Read 1027 times)

insideoutland

new boy needs help
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:55 AM »
hi there this is my first post on this site. is was into bmx big time when i ws a nipper :angel:. and i want to get into bike building,
old school.
just wanted to know is there an rule when getting an old scholl back in shape.
eg.. if i got an old s haro master f&f would i need to copy near as factory build components, or could i use any nos parts all long as they stand up?????????? any info cheers.. great site you guys know you shit, its going to come in very usefull    :Great_Britain:

JT71

Re: new boy needs help
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 08:04 AM »
hi there this is my first post on this site. is was into bmx big time when i ws a nipper :angel:. and i want to get into bike building,
old school.
just wanted to know is there an rule when getting an old scholl back in shape.
eg.. if i got an old s haro master f&f would i need to copy near as factory build components, or could i use any nos parts all long as they stand up?????????? any info cheers.. great site you guys know you shit, its going to come in very usefull    :Great_Britain:

hey dude, I'm no expert but I guess it's your bike so do what you like. Do you want an actual perfect resto? or do you
want a bike to ride and have nice bits that might not be the right ones for the bike?

(don;t wanna buy a Streetbeat do you? it's a bit rough, could do with a strip and spray as the free paint job I had done on it
wasn't great)

insideoutland

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:11 AM »
you got any pit on that streetbeat????? cheers ££££££££??????

JT71

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:28 AM »
you have PM dude.

insideoutland

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 08:36 AM »
pm????????????

JT71

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 08:38 AM »
private message. see near the top, it'll say

Hey, insideoutland, you have 1 messages, 1 are new.

click the 1 messages bit.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 10:20 AM »
building an OS bike is a minefield mate!  but as a rule just do what you want with it mate, put whatever parts you want on it and don't give a fook what others say......if you like it then that's all that matters!   :daumenhoch:

vdubferret

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Lots of fun as I am finding with old skool Haro FST/Sport build. Am still a newby too but hope you have got your chequebook/Paypal account handy!! Factory build or psersonal taste, like you had 'in the day! I've gone for the latter, am sure will get slated but it looks nice! 'Mattdub is a Haro man with some very nice bikes. So you now know about what 'PM' stands for > your next question should be 'what does 'bump' mean? I've not yet found out so lets see who can enlighten? Gary  :)

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Bring Up My Post

let there be light ......... and there was light  :LolLolLolLol:

wildwood1971

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 11:05 AM »
B to the U to the M to the P   :daumenhoch:

adeshere

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 01:36 PM »
My first build  Haro master .. i put on it the bits i wanted as a boy, all the proper brands instead of copies.

My next build .. skyway TA .. mainly went for the colour items i could find, but in the same age

Last build .. Haro Group1 .. I tried to get the proper spec components (you can find the brochures on the web)

So basically its your bike .. build it for yourself.

Good luck

JT71

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 10:18 PM »
and don't ride a new school bike afterwards.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  new boy needs help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx