gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 18, 2024, 09:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  someone is goin to be pissed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: someone is goin to be pissed  (Read 4061 times)

1 fat pug

DINODOG

Re: someone is goin to be pissed
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 09:11 PM »
I am sure this was on evil bay only a few weeks ago,and the seller(dont know if this guy is the same one) actually said in the ad he thought it was a copy.They are bad landing gear copies.

Guy.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:15 PM »
Yeah I clearly stated last time that it wasn't original and was a replica, selling as if it is will only stir up trouble  :idiot2:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 05:16 PM by Swivel »

1 fat pug

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 09:28 PM »
sent the bloke a message  :LolLolLolLol:

hi, are you sure this is an original performer as im sure mine didnt have frame standers on the forks and i dont think mine had the holes in the drop outs

thanks
   simon

will wait for the reply :)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 11:03 PM »
forks look like meteorlite.
frame looks like reflex without the standers, prob meteorlite too.

but hey, i know shit about gt's
I want to touch ORB

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Do you know the thing that really bakes my fooking cake about this......

Over the past few weeks I've seen a many Performers, mainly just F&F's or F&F's and a few other bits like bars, seat post etc. go on ebay for for good money, in some cases silly money for what they were. I've put my Performer (see pic below) on twice now with a reserve just for security and it got to £172, and on the last occasion £121 and this is for a FULL bike FFS. Which I'm sure many of you would agree is a decent example, not mint but still very very nice.

And then this shows up......obviously the forks aren't GT, they're some cheap generic forks or as previously mentioned Meteorlite's. The frame.....not 100% but I don't think it's a GT myself but I could be wrong. What is wrong with these people, they always seem to just go for Fiola reps or something that just looks like a Fiola one. Don't get me wrong, I love a yellow Performer but is there something wrong with mine???? People who buy on ebay must think so  :tickedoff:

Fook it, I'm gonna paint mine yellow, who cares if it's the wrong year, no one on ebay seems to care, as this proves.

Not bitter at all....... ;D

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

1 fat pug

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 05:04 PM »
i got a message back "WELL DONT BID THEN" guy is clearly ripping people off :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 05:17 PM »
I emailed the guy too, and got the same reply and also asked why his selling it (just out of interest) sounds as if he needs the cash fast so his obviously not bothered about misleading people, just needs the cash, sad situation and its going to be sad for the buyer too  :'(

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 05:18 PM »
Just tried to contact the winning bidder , wont let ya . He isnt selling nothing so cant contact him that way. Thing is theres a proper one with stem , bars and seat post on the bay (think that was on here not so long back) dont  think hes listed it under old school , just gt performer , and no one has bid on it yet

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 05:54 PM »
Sods law springs to mind, what a shame as someone could have had a proper pro performer, doh!  :idiot2:

Galtech

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Does this look familiar?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-PRO-PERFORMER-FRAME-AND-FORKS-YELLOW-FIOLA-BMX_W0QQitemZ120218709023

Gotta hold my hands up and admit I was the fool who took the bait. It was only when I looked at the picture this morning (after buying) I noticed the holes on the rear dropouts. I've since contacted the seller and told him I want my money back.

Not being an expert on these things, I wanna thank you guys for confirming what I thought..... "if it seems too good to be true..."

Cheers - great forum btw

Gary - still looking for a cheap performer!!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 03:00 PM »
has he agreed to give you back your money?  i bet he doesn't but hope he does  :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 03:01 PM »
the only cheap performer i no of, is our pete
chuck him some pie and he will perform in many ways.

sorry to hear about you getting mugged by the ebay seller !!!!!not good.

munners

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 03:03 PM »
Pm'd regarding performer for sale! ;)

highrisedrifter

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Does this look familiar?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-PRO-PERFORMER-FRAME-AND-FORKS-YELLOW-FIOLA-BMX_W0QQitemZ120218709023

Gotta hold my hands up and admit I was the fool who took the bait. It was only when I looked at the picture this morning (after buying) I noticed the holes on the rear dropouts. I've since contacted the seller and told him I want my money back.

Not being an expert on these things, I wanna thank you guys for confirming what I thought..... "if it seems too good to be true..."

Cheers - great forum btw

Gary - still looking for a cheap performer!!

Let us know what reply you get back from that shyster.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 03:53 PM »
file with paypal as not as advertised
they will refund the money

Galtech

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 04:39 PM »

Update: The seller has refunded the money back into my paypal account.
He claims he's selling it for a mate, didn't know it was fake blah blah  :LolLolLolLol:

The original sale back in November was made by ebay seller "hops1971" from Gateshead. The guy who I've been dealing with is called P Hopwood from Gateshead.  ::)

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 04:44 PM »
 :) Almost def a Meteorlite-a kid on my street has one.The dropouts on the Meteorlite are 100% the same,and the downtube angle is way steeper than on a performer.Hope the buyer gets a refund....

highrisedrifter

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 04:51 PM »

He claims he's selling it for a mate, didn't know it was fake blah blah  :LolLolLolLol:

The original sale back in November was made by ebay seller "hops1971" from Gateshead. The guy who I've been dealing with is called P Hopwood from Gateshead.  ::)

Good to hear matey. Thanks for the heads up and another shyster Ebay seller to add to my blocked user list then.

Congratulations on getting your money back.  :daumenhoch:

I don't think you could have had a better start to the RAD forums either! Glad those in the know on here could save you some cash and disappointment.

Welcome to RAD.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 04:52 PM »
The story unfolds. Ages ago I sold this frame/forks to a guy called Paul. He contacted me through ebay and wanted this bike. The auction ended and he contacted me afterwards and we done a deal. It was clearly stated on the auction and in the listing title it was a replica gt pro performer frame/forks. Now this guy Paul has emailed me and is threatening me and wants his money back as he put it, said he was sold a bike he thought was original gt pro performer. Erm.. no mate, it was clearly stated it was a replica and was even stated in the auction text it was. Now this bloke has tried to file a paypal dispute on me as he said he thought it was an original, yeah right. A couple of weeks later and what relates to this thread, Paul tried to sell it on as an original and totally fooked the the next buyer. I clearly stated it was a replica, he didn't!

Paul if you are reading this, please go away. Settle up with the person you tried to sell the frame/forks on to which you stated as "an original" as you were wrong to do that. You knew damn well it was a replica and anyone in BMX would. And if you cannot read this, here it is again. Check with ebay, they will present any evidence I require.

Item Title: GT Pro Performer Replica Frame/Forks/Pro Neck Crank BMX
Item Number: 140173959207

Just do the decent thing and give that person back their money!  :tickedoff:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 05:12 PM »

Yes that's him. Paul has emailed me today 5 months after the original sale and is claiming I sold him a fake whereas he was led to believe it was an original, erm... no mate. Remember Paul if you are reading this:

Item Title: GT Pro Performer Replica Frame/Forks/Pro Neck Crank BMX
Item Number: 140173959207

Yes ebay item has ended because its after 90 days but I have a stack of evidence here and ebay will release anything when it comes to legal stuff and i've requested the original listing now.

Also I have your listing Paul which after I sold it to you as a clearly stated REPLICA, you tried to sell it on as an original GT PRO PERFORMER, which was poor:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150186568989&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I emailed you Paul when your auction was running and said its risky doing this and you sent back a reply which made no sense. Paul you knew damn well it was a replica and now you're trying it on with me 5 months down the line to get your cash back because you've tried to defraud the buyer i.e. Galtech on here, unfortunately.

I don't take kindly to threats especially 5 months down the line when the buyer has blaintly taking the piss so please go away.

highrisedrifter

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 05:19 PM »
That w@nker is really trying it on mate.

Good luck Swivel, take him to the fooking cleaners.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 05:27 PM »
His already threatened me with his solicitor, so I've passed all of this on to my solicitor to look at. Spoke to my solicitors already and they said he is wasting his time and will waste even more money if he decides to take this further. Again I don't take kindly to threats especially when they are clearly taking the piss.

highrisedrifter

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 05:32 PM »
Swivel, if everything is as you say it is then yes he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

And I bet you he HASN'T gone to his solicitor. He's just trying to scare you. Through experience, it's usually just an idle threat.

Galtech

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Good luck with that Swivel, I doubt you'll be hearing much more from him, you made it clear you were selling a replica.

Out of interest I contacted the supposedly winning bidder of this F+F on eBay back in November -  eBay username "Skyway1972". I'm not sure if he posts on here? I'll let you know if he gets back to me.

Thanks for the info
Gary

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  someone is goin to be pissed

gfxgfx
gfx gfx