gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 03:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  getting parts from the us
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: getting parts from the us  (Read 1104 times)

weston

Re: getting parts from the us
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 11:10 PM »
depends on who you are buying from & weather they are willing to post your order as a gift so you dont have to pay tax, also depends on what post they use to how long it will take. had no problems so far but a few people have, check through some old posts...

Frosty

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 11:17 PM »
no problems so far - touch wood!!

Customs charges can be a bit hit and miss, if the cost of the goods and postage is over $100 then you may pick up a charge, but its best to bank on paying something and if you don't that's great. You can ask for the seller to put a lower value on the item, but if you want insurance then you'll need to quote a proper value.

I have found the usps (US postal service) very reliable and they are cheaper than our post office for sending stuff!!

jon016847

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 04:52 PM »
I have purchased the best part of 14 bikes from the states in single components,    If thr value is declared on the goods you are likely to get tax / import charges, if its not declared and sent as a gift then you are usually ok,  Its always a dilimer, if you dont have the value declared then you probably wont get insurance, if you do declare the value you get charged, I have recived chages in excess of £200 for some of the more expensive items I have purchased ?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 07:29 PM »
Just received my graphites from the states, no charges on these  :coolsmiley:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

ash

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 07:38 PM »
YOU CAN SHIP UP TO $65 TAX FREE
IF DECLAIRED VALUE IS OVER THAT YOU'LL GET HAMMERED
HELPS IF ITS SENT AS A "GIFT" TOO

spinmaster

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 03:41 PM »
got taxed on some tuffs once, thats about it. have bought frames and wholes bikes from the states no bother.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  getting parts from the us

gfxgfx
gfx gfx