gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 12:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  CREATION BASH - GOOD & BAD!........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CREATION BASH - GOOD & BAD!........  (Read 4562 times)

baldbmxer

CREATION BASH - GOOD & BAD!........
« on: December 09, 2007, 11:47 PM »
It was a truly great night at Creation last night. Well done and thank you to all who had a hand in organiseing the event  :daumenhoch:

It was an eventful day for me but was well worth it. I'm still very overwhelmed that I my Floval won best in show as the bikes that were on show were truly brilliant. I dont know whther its because is was a small intimate affair in a confined space but I thought the bikes were better than ever. I know some will have been on display at MK, but I noticed so much more in th ebikes last night. Some I know had been given face lifts, some had the odd part changed - some for the better some for the worse (in my opinion) but overall there seemed to be so much more 'detaiing'. The array of colour scheme options on the SE bikes were great. Different blends and colour ways, different ways of setting the bikes up. All in all I am truly houred to have come out top in the show and shine. theres lots more to come from OS builders up and down the country and I for one cant wait to see them

Another thing that was cool was talking to so many new faces. Thanks to those who said such kind words regarding my builds.

Here's a brief good and bad list of my Creation 2007 day!

I'll start with the bad!

BAD (well more 'not so good' really!)

:'  (My car dieing at the side of the road on Saturday morning!

:knuppel2:   Standing in the pi55ing rain while the RAC man broke the clips off the distributor cap!

:(   Paying £100 for a hire car and full damage wavor insurance!

:laugh:  Big Plinky's description of the location - 'its just behind a kebab shop and an Indian restaurant' couldnt be much more vague!!  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Not getting down into the skatepark and.......

:(    missing seeing Billstup and his boy ride

:(    missing seeing S&M Alex ride

:knuppel2:    Watching Radman only put £2.73 in the Stephen Murray box for one of my SE display boards! FFS

:shocked:    Radman putting Mushroom grips on a Patterson

GOOD

:)   WINING Best in show

:)   RADMANS GHP  :smitten:

:)   The red MRD Badlander

:)   MartyC's Scorpion  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:)   Stodgy's PK Ripper

:)   Red Race Inc

:)   JAYS Haro - just how clean and immaculate can a bike be? - this clean and immaculate!!!!!!!!

:)   Yellow Assassin

:)   a great range of colours and builds on the SE's

:)   Dingos awesome bling Quads

;D  Dingo looking like Billy Bunter in his wooly cap/hat thing!  ;D

:)   Shiners OM Flyer

:)   Loads of help from Andyman, Garyman and Jayman ferrying my gear in and out of the show - thanks guys  :daumenhoch:

:)   Taking home a spanking brand new 2007 Ripper for winning Best in show

:)   Loads of DC goodies

:)   DVD's

There you go I'm done!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 05:01 PM by baldbmxer »

SaMAlex

Re: CREATION BASH - GOOD & BAD!........
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 12:19 AM »
Dam! Sounds like you had a right old night! Sorry I didnt get to talk to you much / at all.

..... So are you saying that watching me ride was a bad thing??  ???

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 06:41 AM »
Bad:-

Baldbmxer badgering me for my hat all night because "it was too damn cool for me"

Not getting to meet more people as catching up with old friends took all night

Pete  Quad (he is just bad lol)

not buying a riding ticket

my blue Quad getting overlooked by the Judges when my "rider" came 2nd ??? ???

raffle ticket? why didnt I get one???

Good:-

The bikes! OMG how many cool SE's do we own?

That OM Flyer

The Flovals

Neils Assasin, very fresh

Baldy and Lee's collections, how nice
The motomag
the Scorpion
Jays Haro
ect....
ect....

Lee wearing full length trousers for a change

Joe's models, 400 peices of tread stuck on by hand on a mini Comp 3 tyre UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

the riding, the oldies and the kids all rippin

Chatting to Lazarou and C.B.C.L, boys should form a double act lol

McNulty Pished

seeing Pete Quad and Lee, always a pleasure (and always a little disturbing lol)

And so much much more......................

DINGO
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 06:45 AM by Dingobmxer »

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:10 AM »
Dingo,no one had a raffle ticket,Lee had them all LOL!!!!!(no smiley things,mmmmm)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 11:11 AM »
my bad points
i couldnt ride  :(  i had been practicing but if i fell so far from home it would/could have messed up some peoples evening
so had to watch utted with that bit.

the rest was spot on..was great meeting some new people
everyone was in good spirit
twobobrob looked cold and in much discomfort but he stuck with it  :)
loved the show bikes
top top riding from so many
cant wait for the next one
and catching up with me olde pals

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 11:16 AM »
No bad pionts other than the hotel was fully booked and I couldn't stay and have a beer !

We need name badges so we know who we are

Nick

JT71

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 11:18 AM »
BAD: I couldn't go...and the tutankhamun exhib i went to at the dome was sh1t and a rip off., but the tapas at la tasca was first class.

GOOD: you all had a great time.

it is a bit bloody cold in creation if you ain't riding isn't it?

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 11:26 AM »

Nick

Nick ,

Dunno about you but I'm perfectly sure I know who I am ! LOL 

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 11:38 AM »
Trouble is I know who you are too.........

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 12:01 PM »
Trouble is I know who you are too.........

Damn ! LOL

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 12:01 PM »
No bad pionts other than the hotel was fully booked and I couldn't stay and have a beer !

Nick

sorry you were?? 

gossa

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 12:01 AM »
JJ, well done me old fruit!  I saw the piccies, did you have an SE coloured Bell BMX3 full face lid with a terribly era incorrect haro visor on it? Surely you wouldn't have made such an error with your ludicrous historical knowledge? Seriously was it your lid?  If so do you want one of these?

Got an original from Darren Woods sticker box, still had an OT price sticker on it for £6.21!!!!!  How many of those stickers must still be around not stuck to a lid? Not many so i've got my sticker guy to make some repros. they are EXACTLY the same, let me know if you want one for christmas. BTW, I also have a smoked SE bubble peak, but that's going on my lid!  If that lid wasn't yours, whose was it?

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 06:40 AM »
I gave JJ a Smoked brown SE Visor to use at the event so I am pretty sure  the lid must have been someone elses or he would have used that on there.
I wouldnt mind one of those Gossa for a lid I want spraying up
LMK

DINGO

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 07:52 AM »
The lid was Bigplinkys from bitd complete with haro 84 peak,not really incorreect if you ask me,depends how you look at it,i thought that lid was a great piece on JJ's stand.

Sorry JJ,I  didn't relise you had any bikes there , LOL......

Well deserved mate winner mate,brilliant bikes.

Superkav

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 10:45 AM »
BAD
Breaking down on the M6 just before J6, missing the whole night and paying out for the AA to get me home to Watford! I had my fingers crossed all the way home that I would maybe get lucky and win something on the raffle but the gods were not happy with me that night.
Maybe I need to sacrifice a lamb or something to appease them??

RADHAB

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Good:- The usual banter from Pat and co, always makes me laugh. Billstup ever the entertainer, pegged in off that vert wall   FFS!!!! Rich (Dirtyvans) moaning he didnt get any DC wristbands and then trying to mug me and Trill for ours. Radmans legs covered up for a change. That techy chap with the chrome Fly bike riding again, so flowy and smooth. Jays haro....noicce! the new spine is great. Love seeing the group of guys on the vert practising stuff, stick with it chaps      Those new SE frames look cool and finally Stodgy and co's organising, well done guys.

Bad:- Nuffin other than the sh!t weather on the way up! oh and i didnt win the lottery either

gossa

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 05:54 PM »
I gave JJ a Smoked brown SE Visor to use at the event so I am pretty sure  the lid must have been someone elses or he would have used that on there.
I wouldnt mind one of those Gossa for a lid I want spraying up
LMK

DINGO

You get one f.o.c. for being a passer on of useful info, if anyone else wants one i'll get some knocked up for sale.  PM me your address dingo.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 06:04 PM »
wicked Clive, cheers

DINGO

baldbmxer

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 07:39 PM »
JJ, well done me old fruit!  I saw the piccies, did you have an SE coloured Bell BMX3 full face lid with a terribly era incorrect haro visor on it? Surely you wouldn't have made such an error with your ludicrous historical knowledge? Seriously was it your lid?  If so do you want one of these?

Got an original from Darren Woods sticker box, still had an OT price sticker on it for £6.21!!!!!  How many of those stickers must still be around not stuck to a lid? Not many so i've got my sticker guy to make some repros. they are EXACTLY the same, let me know if you want one for christmas. BTW, I also have a smoked SE bubble peak, but that's going on my lid!  If that lid wasn't yours, whose was it?

The helmet was brorrowed from Andy Lincoln for the show. Yes the peak is a little newer than the helmet and I borrowed a smoked SE peak from Dingo for the show but the Haro peak was reluctant to leave the helmet as its been there over 20 years!

Trust you to find a negative in a line up of sweet build like that. Suprised you didnt notice that the cable ties werent period correct! - I bought them in Homebase a couple of weeks ago! haha

So how about sending me a nice helmet sticker too?... me old fruit

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 08:11 PM »
Good:   Meeting lots of peeps like JJ, Jay, Laz (a legend) and many more, seeing some of the awesome bikes on show, watching S&MAlex riding so smooth, Bill going for it and the music (nice work Rich), the support from SE, Shindig and DC, chicken burger, chips and a coke for £2.40, warm beer and finally all the effort put in by the Rad management to make it such a great event.

Bad:  Not much really worth mentioning.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

gossa

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 10:56 PM »

The helmet was brorrowed from Andy Lincoln for the show. Yes the peak is a little newer than the helmet and I borrowed a smoked SE peak from Dingo for the show but the Haro peak was reluctant to leave the helmet as its been there over 20 years!

Trust you to find a negative in a line up of sweet build like that. Suprised you didnt notice that the cable ties werent period correct! - I bought them in Homebase a couple of weeks ago! haha

So how about sending me a nice helmet sticker too?... me old fruit

JJ, as in the PM, you are a living breathing tribute to the longevity of BMX but you know that peak belongs on Hoffmans helmet not the OM's!!!! Awesome job though johnny boy, awesome job.  Remember, this sticker is for life, not just for christmas!

baldbmxer

!
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 11:11 PM »

Remember, this sticker is for life, not just for christmas!
[/quote]

Always! - you should see JJ's house of BMX! haha

Thats an awesome pic you sent me. You need to post it for the rest of the world to see.

gossa

Re: !
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 11:28 PM »

Remember, this sticker is for life, not just for christmas!

Always! - you should see JJ's house of BMX! haha

Thats an awesome pic you sent me. You need to post it for the rest of the world to see.
[/quote]

On Johnathon Hearnes request, here's us going at it over the first speedjump at Hounslow National 1987. Him in gear pants, me as Darth Vadar. Wish I still had them Profile cranks!

baldbmxer

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 11:32 PM »
Thats better. Top piccy that.

I still have my Maximum, those Redlines - infact I think I have it all - but hey you kind of know I would! lol

gossa

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39 PM »
Thats better. Top piccy that.

I still have my Maximum, those Redlines - infact I think I have it all - but hey you kind of know I would! lol
Not a surprise JJ!!!!!  man. look how skinny we both are! LOL!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  CREATION BASH - GOOD & BAD!........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx